Author Topic: The fine art of Dine & Dash  (Read 943 times)

Offline endicom

The fine art of Dine & Dash
« on: November 20, 2018, 05:05:22 pm »
Power Line
Scott Johnson
Nov. 20, 2018

In the case of St. Paul Chipotle thief Masud Ali and his friends we see an extension of the culture of victimization. Ali and friends turned up this past Thursday at the Chipotle on Grand Avenue, in one of St. Paul’s nicest neighborhoods. Recognized by store manager Dominique Moran to be part of a group from the previous Tuesday that refused to pay for their meal, Moran asked Ali to show her the money before preparing their order this time around.

Ali and friends purported to take offense. Ali posted the video of his encounter on Twitter (below). The video went viral. See the full Twitter thread here.

Can a group of young well established African American get a bite to eat after a long workout session. @ChipotleTweets ?? pic.twitter.com/Sj8RaeINj6

— Masud Ali 🍑 (@Masudaliii) November 16, 2018

More... https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/the-fine-art-of-dine-dash.php

Offline endicom

Re: The fine art of Dine & Dash
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 05:06:24 pm »

I wasn't able to Preview this post as I kept getting a message of the message body being empty.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:07:47 pm »
I don't know about Chipolte, but in any other fast food restaurant, I always had to pay when I ordered, not when the meal was given to me.  If that's the way Chipolte does it, how could this Ali person get away with a meal he didn't pay for?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:12:56 pm »
I don't know about Chipolte, but in any other fast food restaurant, I always had to pay when I ordered, not when the meal was given to me.  If that's the way Chipolte does it, how could this Ali person get away with a meal he didn't pay for?

In this particular case two times after the food was made his debit card would not work and in both cases the manager actually gave him the food telling him to bring in money the next time.. well she finally had enough.
It was not actually dine and dash like they did to Applebees, eat the meal then run out.

@Applewood

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 06:17:36 pm »

At Chipolte they fix your food in a line as you walk down the counter and tell them what you want.  So, you start out with your empty burrito wrapper, move down and tell them what meat you want, move down for beans, move down for salsas, etc.  The check out is at the end of the line, so as they're wrapping your food up for you, you pay for it.  So your food is prepared prior to paying for it, but they don't necessarily give it to you prior to paying.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:54:32 pm »
It turns out the head thief, Masud Ali,  also hates Jews. Twitter reveals all.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 08:24:56 pm »
@mirraflake

@RoosGirl

Thank you both. I have never been in a Chipolte, and since all the e-coli/salmonella outbreaks, I have had no inclination to go there. 

Another one who thinks he is entitled.  I suppose too if he is Muslim, he thinks it's ok to cheat and steal from the infidels.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 11:55:15 pm »
At Chipolte they fix your food in a line as you walk down the counter and tell them what you want.  So, you start out with your empty burrito wrapper, move down and tell them what meat you want, move down for beans, move down for salsas, etc.  The check out is at the end of the line, so as they're wrapping your food up for you, you pay for it.  So your food is prepared prior to paying for it, but they don't necessarily give it to you prior to paying.
What kind of place is that? A high school cafeteria?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 01:23:04 am »
What kind of place is that? A high school cafeteria?

Same idea.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 01:32:14 am »
Same idea.

I heard a rumor that when you have dinner parties people don't Dine and Dash......they just Dash.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 01:35:50 am »
I heard a rumor that when you have dinner parties people don't Dine and Dash......they just Dash.

Ugh, like I invite people to my house.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 01:36:55 am »

I hear single wides are cramped, but sometimes you can make do.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 01:41:17 am »
I hear single wides are cramped, but sometimes you can make do.

I heard you're a single wide.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 01:43:50 am »

In a van down by the river.  I can see why.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 01:45:28 am »
In a van down by the river.  I can see why.

Almost everyone falls on hard times at some point.