Author Topic: Jim Acosta is smug, and no court ruling changes that  (Read 422 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jim Acosta is smug, and no court ruling changes that
« on: November 17, 2018, 03:03:59 pm »
 By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Friday, November 16, 2018

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

So CNN’s Jim Acosta scored some court points with a ruling that orders the White House to give back his press pass, at least for the time being.

But he still presents as a smug elitist.

He presented as an out-of-touch elitist the day he jerked away from the arm of the reaching White House intern — the day he refused to cede the microphone and cede the floor and cede his time to the many other journalists who were patiently waiting to pose questions to the president.

But post-ruling, caught on camera walking from the courthouse, Acosta moved a shade snippier into outright smug zone.

Now the story is all about him. Not that it wasn’t already — seriously, does anyone even remember the line of questioning that drove Acosta to take the path of least courteous in the first place? In a phrase: Google search.

But now the story has morphed to Acosta versus the White House. Acosta versus the president. The little CNN guy takes on the big bad Donald Trump wolf. It’s ‘look at me, I’m Jim Acosta and I’m taking on the president.’ Why? Why, ‘because I can, dang it.’

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/16/jim-acostas-smug-and-no-court-ruling-changes-tha/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Jim Acosta is smug, and no court ruling changes that
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:06:17 pm »
I think those who say "put him in the back and ignore him" have the right of it.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 03:35:03 pm »
Acosta can enjoy his victory by never being called on again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 02:32:47 am »
Smug?  He is a first-class pr*ck.

He will be relegated to having a talking head show on CNN similar to the obnoxious Chris Matthews.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington