Author Topic: Donald Trump Will 'Undoubtedly Be Impeached' and Then Resign Like Nixon, Watergate Lawyer Claims  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
The left is currently convinced that Donald will be impeached. It will be fun to watch them waste their house majority for the next 2 years. They're gonna return the favor owed to Republicans for wasting years trying to pass 10 million pieces of legislation to stop Obamacare.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-impeached-resign-nixon-1116653

An attorney for former President Richard Nixon's top adviser during the Watergate scandal said there is no doubt that President Donald Trump will be impeached.

“The cover-up is always worse than the crime, and this one is very shady,” Andrew Hall, who represented Nixon’s former senior adviser for domestic affairs John Ehrlichman, told The Independent in a report published over the weekend.

“We have a sitting president who will undoubtedly be impeached,” stated Hall, whose client was convicted of perjury, obstruction of justice and conspiracy.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump isn't going to be impeached,no matter how much the Bible-Thumpers and the other leftists wish it. If anything I suspect their personal outrage and attempts to impeach him will have the effect of solidifying his support.

After all,if "those people hate him,how bad CAN he be?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yeah right. Keep wishing.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

Nixon wasn't impeached.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
The piece is from Sept. and I don't think the author understands how impeachment works...

“The November elections have an enormous impact on how this plays out,” Hall said. “If the Democrats take the Senate, or enough Republicans switch over, there will be a successful impeachment.”

...as if a simple Senate majority would have guaranteed conviction. With Clinton, repubs actually DID hold the Senate - how successful was that?

---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
The piece is from Sept.

My bad. It's on the front page of Reddit; I didn't think to check the date.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline The_Reader_David

Seeing that any impeachment would be a Democrat witch-hunt and the GOP has a majority in the Senate (where a 2/3 vote is needed to convict) it is far more likely that Trump will be impeached, tough it out Clinton-style and remain in office after acquittal by the Senate.  And because that's the more likely outcome of impeachment, the 'Rats aren't likely to bother, unless they have polling that suggests voting to acquit would make some GOP Senators up for reelection during the next cycle vulnerable.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline ConstitutionRose

For the record, the "like Nixon" part is amusing.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If they do impeach, they will not, until fall 2020, prior to the election. I don’t believe he would resign under any circumstances. However, I did predict in May 2017, he would not run again in 2020. Back then, I thought he would get bored with the job, then go back to golfing and tweeting full time. Now, I think the combination of multiple House investigations, potential economic slowdown, and the aforementioned boredom will decide it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nixon wasn't impeached.

Exactly. No wonder Ehrlichman went to jail with this idiot as his council.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

How is this slimeball still above ground.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

How is this slimeball still above ground.

Whenever I am in the market for an attorney I always think about hiring a guy who got John Ehrlichman 2-6 years in the federal pen for 3 felonies and disbarred. That's quality work right there.

Offline LottieDah

Trump will take a page out of his pal Bubba Clinton's book and will remain in office until the bitter end.

Offline Hoodat

Howard Hunt should have been given the death penalty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

Howard Hunt should have been given the death penalty.

LOL. For what? Watergate or killing JFK?

Offline Hoodat

For demanding hush money, getting it, and then blabbing like a gossip queen.

Offline Frank Cannon

For demanding hush money, getting it, and then blabbing like a gossip queen.

Well yes, there was that, but he looked cool smoking a pipe so I give him a pass.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

In that ay, I was a devout Watergate Junkie.

Never heard of this guy.

Note, that moral guiding light John Dean, is a #nevertrumper and probably an inspiration to our Usual Suspects, Billy Kristol, Ben Sassey boy, Jeff Flakey boy, et. all.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The left is currently convinced that Donald will be impeached. It will be fun to watch them waste their house majority for the next 2 years.

Every time I see one of these idiotic articles, I wish they would come up with scenarios which they think 20 GOP Senators are going to vote for a post impeachment conviction. 

Stupid F'ers

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

In that ay, I was a devout Watergate Junkie.

Never heard of this guy.

Note, that moral guiding light John Dean, is a #nevertrumper and probably an inspiration to our Usual Suspects, Billy Kristol, Ben Sassey boy, Jeff Flakey boy, et. all.

The best person on the topic of Dean is G Gordon Liddy. He makes a great case for the fact that the only reason Dean ratted was to impress his blonde wife that was above his pay grade. Fact was that Dean was a low level loser.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Every time I see one of these idiotic articles, I wish they would come up with scenarios which they think 20 GOP Senators are going to vote for a post impeachment conviction. 

Stupid F'ers

There was once a time, when "journalists" would respect their readers, enough to KNOW they deserved and expected such FACTS to be pointed out.

But then too, we didn't need "political forums," either.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

The best person on the topic of Dean is G Gordon Liddy. He makes a great case for the fact that the only reason Dean ratted was to impress his blonde wife that was above his pay grade. Fact was that Dean was a low level loser.

In the book Silent Coup the claim was made Dean orchestrated the break in to retrieve evidence Rats had of his wife's former career as a highly paid hooker.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:37:41 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

In the book Silent Coup the claim was made Dean orchestrated the break in to retrieve evidence Rats had of his wife's former career as a highly paid hooker.

That is part of Liddy's case against Dean being a weasel.

Offline skeeter

That is part of Liddy's case against Dean being a weasel.

Liddy clearly wanted to kill Dean with his bare hands.

Offline Frank Cannon

Liddy clearly wanted to kill Dean with his bare hands.

Of all of the players in that fiasco Liddy was the only admirable one for clamming up and doing his time like a trooper. Haldeman, Colson and Ehrlichman deserve honorable mention for trying to keep their mouths shut as well.

BTW if you ever get sentenced to jail, make sure you read Will. Liddy gives invaluable tips for not becoming someones bitch and to make your prison stay tolerable.