Author Topic: Gillibrand: I Have to Consider Whether I’m ‘Called’ to Run for President  (Read 357 times)

rangerrebew

Gillibrand: I Have to Consider Whether I’m ‘Called’ to Run for President

November 13, 2018 7:57 am

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) said she has to consider whether she is "called" to run for president in 2020.

Asked about her decision-making process, Gillibrand responded, "So, for me it's whether this is what I need to be doing. It's sort of, you know, are you prepared in a time such as this to do something that's very hard and difficult, regardless of whether you will win, regardless of whether it's easy, but you're doing it because out of that moral conviction?"

"And so for me the sole thing I have to consider, that I have to think long and hard about is whether this is what I'm called to do," Gillibrand told Chris Hayes, host of MSNBC's "All In." "And otherwise, I will continue to fight as hard as I can for New Yorkers and be a voice for them in Washington and fight for the middle class families that are desperate and need health care as a right and all the other issues that are pressing on families in my state."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/gillibrand-consider-whether-im-called-run-president/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:31:00 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Maybe she should check with Pope Francis to make sure she is on the right line. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Magic eight ball never lies.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I've called her several things,and don't remember any of them being "presidential candidate".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yet any Republican who suggests that God condoned their candidacy is treated as a kook. I guess it goes to show it doesn't go both ways.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yet any Republican who suggests that God condoned their candidacy is treated as a kook. I guess it goes to show it doesn't go both ways.

@jmyrlefuller

Did God show up to support her in person,and I somehow missed this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She may not be "called" but she sure is "touched"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.