Author Topic: Nelson campaign to sue to extend deadline for vote counting  (Read 173 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nelson campaign to sue to extend deadline for vote counting
« on: November 09, 2018, 04:21:40 pm »
Nelson campaign to sue to extend deadline for vote counting
By Tal Axelrod - 11/09/18 11:11 AM EST

Sen. Bill Nelson’s (D-Fla.) reelection campaign is suing Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner in Tallahassee federal court to extend the deadline for counties to turn in unofficial vote counts.

While Nelson’s Republican opponent, Gov. Rick Scott, appeared to be victorious over incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D) Tuesday night, his lead has narrowed to about 15,000 as votes, mostly from Broward and Palm Beach counties, came in Wednesday and Thursday.

“Based on my experience in other states in recounts I would expect that when we go into a machine recount then a hand recount, right now the results are unknown as to who’s won. If I had to place a bet, I’d say that it’s more likely than not that Sen. Nelson will prevail in a recount,” Marc Elias, Nelson’s campaign lawyer, said.

A recount is automatically triggered in Florida if two candidates are within 0.5 points of each other, and a hand recount is mandated with a margin of 0.25 points or less. As of Thursday night, Scott led Nelson by a mere 0.18 points.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/415926-nelson-suing-to-extend-deadline-for-vote-counting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Nelson campaign to sue to extend deadline for vote counting
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 04:30:44 pm »
LOL. Wow. This is a pretty flimsy lawsuit. Other states take longer so our legally passed laws are not legal.

Good luck with that one you shriveled corpse.

Offline the_doc

Re: Nelson campaign to sue to extend deadline for vote counting
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:57:05 pm »
LOL. Wow. This is a pretty flimsy lawsuit. Other states take longer so our legally passed laws are not legal.

Good luck with that one you shriveled corpse.

Yeah, it was Palm Beach and Broward again.  Too bad the Millennials probably know nothing about the 2000 election.

Time for our 5-4 SCOTUS to start clearing its docket.  Wasn't there an old movie in about the late 1940s or 1950s in which Peter Lorre said "crooked as a Florida election"?  (Remember also that Janet Reno was once the mobbed-up Florida attorney in charge of prosecuting election frauds.)