Author Topic: Meeting the Caravan With Common Sense  (Read 199 times)

rangerrebew

Meeting the Caravan With Common Sense
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:06:52 pm »

Meeting the Caravan With Common Sense

Ed Feulner   November 01, 2018 
"This isn’t a question about being unwilling to welcome newcomers. It’s about how we do it," writes Ed Feulner. 

It’s sad to see the debate over the migrant caravan break down into the usual polarized camps. You’re either pro-immigrant and therefore willing to let anyone in, or you’re anti-immigrant and you want to slam the door in the face of anyone, right?

Wrong. The phrase “My fellow immigrants” certainly rings true for me, as it does for countless other Americans. In the 1870s, my forebears came to the land of opportunity, worked their way westward to Chicago, and lived their dream.

Today, there are more listings for “Feulner” in the Chicago phone book than in southern Germany, where my ancestors came from. (Although a quick computer search tells me that Markus Feulner is a star footballer for the Augsburg team. Clearly, “Cousin Markus” didn’t get his football genes from me.)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/11/01/meeting-the-caravan-with-common-sense/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CapitolBell&