Author Topic: Republicans fear they've blown economic message that could have secured victory  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Are president TRUMPS rally's not allowed on here?  GET the words direct from his lips?   Solves it all.

What are you talking about?  @Right_in_Virginia posts links to his rallies all the time, and I've yet to see Mod interference with that.  As a group, this forum supports him.

(Where have you been??)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

What are you talking about?  @Right_in_Virginia posts links to his rallies all the time, and I've yet to see Mod interference with that.  As a group, this forum supports him.

(Where have you been??)

I can't get any videos to post.  I was asking permission more than anything This site has a lot of rules. 

https://youtu.be/WQNKLxjIQnU

Offline LegalAmerican

//youtu.be/WQNKLxjIQnU

Offline LegalAmerican

youtu.be/WQNKLxjIQnU

Online DB

I must be ingnorant because I cannot make heads or tails of this post.

All I can say is if printing money led to economic booms then Obama would've outperformed Reagan.

No.

Obama raised taxes substantially and caused major business uncertainty with Obamacare and added regulation. We're still stuck with a 30 hour work week for many as a result because the Republicans didn't have the courage to repeal it.

It isn't that complicated. Nothing I've posted is Keynes which is what you claimed.

Online DB

I must be ingnorant because I cannot make heads or tails of this post.

All I can say is if printing money led to economic booms then Obama would've outperformed Reagan.

I will give you points for quoting my misspelling of ignorant... That is pretty funny... And I was pretty slow to see it...

Offline skeeter

No.

Obama raised taxes substantially and caused major business uncertainty with Obamacare and added regulation. We're still stuck with a 30 hour work week for many as a result because the Republicans didn't have the courage to repeal it.

It isn't that complicated. Nothing I've posted is Keynes which is what you claimed.

Then obviously I misunderstood your assertion that the current boom came from government spending. Pump priming, Keynes used to call it.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. This is rich. We squeezed 2 pages over some bullshit that a fat slob with a bad hair piece, Frank Luntz, muttered under his breath. He is a dumb idiot. Just look at how badly he blew '16.

Online DB

Then obviously I misunderstood your assertion that the current boom came from government spending. Pump priming, Keynes used to call it.

I said it was a combination of lower taxes for many while increasing spending.

Obama did the spending part and did the opposite on the taxing part. Cancellation.

Offline skeeter

I said it was a combination of lower taxes for many while increasing spending.

Obama did the spending part and did the opposite on the taxing part. Cancellation.

I disagree government spending has anything to with it.

For the most part the debt has increased because of mandated spending and interest rate increases. If anything, these two items alone would retard growth.

The economy is booming because of the corporate tax and regulations reductions. But mostly because of the intangible of economic optimism.

Online DB

I disagree government spending has anything to with it.

For the most part the debt has increased because of mandated spending and interest rate increases. If anything, these two items alone would retard growth.

The economy is booming because of the corporate tax and regulations reductions. But mostly because of the intangible of economic optimism.

Well that's just plain foolish. Of course government spending has something to do with it. It has a lot to do with it. The government is putting money into the economy that wasn't taken out via taxation and instead was printing/borrowed. At least 5% of our GDP is government borrowed money thrown in. Take that 5% out and see what happens... Our "growth" is less than 5%. It would all be gone and then some. That's called smoke and mirrors.

Offline skeeter

Well that's just plain foolish. Of course government spending has something to do with it. It has a lot to do with it. The government is putting money into the economy that wasn't taken out via taxation and instead was printing/borrowed. At least 5% of our GDP is government borrowed money thrown in. Take that 5% out and see what happens... Our "growth" is less than 5%. It would all be gone and then some. That's called smoke and mirrors.

Er, you've just described Keynesianism.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
//youtu.be/WQNKLxjIQnU

@LegalAmerican

Ah!  I see the problem!  Our software does not allow "tiny links."  You need to get the full Youtube link:

! No longer available
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

Er, you've just described Keynesianism.

No. Keynes advocated doing so on purpose. I'm dead set against it.

Anyone can party on borrowed money while the money lasts. That's not an economic theory unique to Keynes. That's a fact. It is the long term consequences that is the point and what Keynes gets wrong.

Add 5% to your budget each month using borrowed money and see how that goes long term. It's fun while it lasts but...

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

Ah!  I see the problem!  Our software does not allow "tiny links."  You need to get the full Youtube link:

! No longer available

Thank you, I tried it 3 ways!  Still not getting it correct.

Here is the Fort Wayne IND. rally right now, going on.

https://youtu.be/Lbb1Zb2PyY0

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thank you, I tried it 3 ways!  Still not getting it correct.

Here is the Fort Wayne IND. rally right now, going on. 

If you click on the "no longer available", it takes you to the youtube video @LegalAmerican

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Oh for crap sake @Jazzhead  -- pontificating, moralizing AND making up shit all in one post.  Congrats!  This is a first for you.

You obviously are not aware of what the President has been DIRECTLY saying to tens of thousands of Americans night and day across this nation--and tens of thousands more thanks to Al Gore's magnificent Internet. 

The President has been EXTREMELY clear -- not in political speak, but in real speak, what's at risk if the democrats gain control....and that risk begins and ends with the economy.  The people "get" it which is why their applause for the President would blow your socks off.

So, smooth talker, you're assessments and judgments are wrong;  just plain sh*t a$$ wrong.  And I pray folks just ignore you today. 

Save your meaningless pontificating for Wednesday, Jazzy.

I pray folks vote GOP today - that's what you want, isn't it @Right_in_Virginia ?   Did it ever occur to you that we might be on the same side?   

I voted this morning from the perspective that Trump is not on the ballot.    I give credit to the GOP Congress for the tax cuts that have driven the economy to prosperity,  to the GOP Senate for confirming Trump's excellent judicial nominees,  and to Trump himself for the great start he has made in regulatory reform.   I am, in short, voting GOP.   

I will concern myself with Trump come 2020.   But I'll say this,  since for you it's not about Republicans,  but rather your membership in Trump's cult of personality.    I have gained respect for the man in certain respects,  and lost it in others.    He is far too concerned with his base,  and his base includes folks who favor policies with which I profoundly disagree,  both politically and morally.   I am a minority in my own party,  favoring a brand of conservatism that has mostly died out.   But I want to see Trump opposed for the 2020 nomination,  and a choice presented between Reagan's shining city and Trump's dark, zero-sum vision.     
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:35:47 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide