Author Topic: Pro-gun, anti-Pelosi Marine combat veteran set to win pro-Trump district for Democrats  (Read 432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pro-gun, anti-Pelosi Marine combat veteran set to win pro-Trump district for Democrats
by David M. Drucker
 | November 02, 2018 11:21 AM

LEWISTON, Maine — President Trump is popular here, and there isn’t a Whole Foods Market in sight. Yet Democrat Jared Golden is on the verge of upsetting Republican Rep. Bruce Poliquin, a potentially fatal blow to GOP efforts to hold the House majority.

Golden is squeezing Poliquin in a largely rural, blue-collar seat that delivered 51.5 percent of its vote to Trump in 2016, a finish that was 10 points better than Democrat Hillary Clinton. A state legislator and Marine combat veteran, Golden is connecting with conservative, working-class voters in Maine’s 2nd Congressional District, putting Republicans on defense in unlikely territory and improving his party’s position in the midterm elections.

“I like everything about President Trump — because I think he keeps his promises, like I’m hoping Jared will keep his promises and like Jared has kept his promises in the state legislature,” Rick Cailler, president of the Lewiston Firefighters Association and a self-described lifelong Republican, told the Washington Examiner on Thursday after his union endorsed Golden. “If I felt he was a lockstep Democrat, I wouldn’t be here today.”

Voters head to the polls on Tuesday for critical midterm elections that could alter the balance of power on Capitol Hill. The Republicans are on track to hold the Senate. But the Democrats appear poised to erase the GOP’s 23-seat majority and capture the House. A revolt among upper-middle-class and wealthy suburbanites is fueling this blue tide.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/pro-gun-anti-pelosi-marine-combat-veteran-set-to-win-pro-trump-district-for-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34