Author Topic: Mark Levin: ‘Show Me the Evidence’ Birthright Citizenship Was Enshrined in 14th Amendment  (Read 978 times)

rangerrebew

Mark Levin: ‘Show Me the Evidence’ Birthright Citizenship Was Enshrined in 14th Amendment

On his nationally syndicated radio talk show “The Mark Levin Show [1]” on Wednesday, host and American lawyer Mark Levin challenged other lawyers and members of academia to show him evidence that “birthright citizenship was enshrined in the 14th Amendment.”

“I challenge you, all those who have a different view from me, in academia, practicing lawyers or former federal this or former that, I challenge you to show me the evidence in the 1860s that supports your position that birthright citizenship was enshrined in the 14th Amendment,” Levin said. “Just give us one piece of evidence.”

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/emily-ward/mark-levin-show-me-evidence-birthright-citizenship-was-enshrined-14th-amendment

Offline jpsb

@Jazzhead & and others here is your huckleberry. FYI, as I have repeatedly said, the purpose of the
14th was to grant citizenship to the former slaves and there children it was NOT to legalize anchor
babies.

Offline aligncare

Evidence? What evidence? We don’t need no stinking evidence...we got 6 men in black robes in 1898 saying jus soli – that’s all the evidence we need to let the Supreme Court decision (or distortion, you pick ‘em) in US v Ark turn the Fourteenth amendment into a ticking time bomb that exploded with Ted Kennedy and the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.

Offline skeeter

Evidence? What evidence? We don’t need no stinking evidence...we got 6 men in black robes in 1898 saying jus soli – that’s all the evidence we need to let the Supreme Court decision (or distortion, you pick ‘em) in US v Ark turn the Fourteenth amendment into a ticking time bomb that exploded with Ted Kennedy and the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.

6 victorian jurists in black robes and of course Friends Who Know Better say that 'pregnancy holidays' and popping over the border to plop out a US citizen are perfectly constitutional. Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:49:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline rustynail

It must be there are all these women would not be coming here to have citizens.

Oceander

@Jazzhead & and others here is your huckleberry. FYI, as I have repeatedly said, the purpose of the
14th was to grant citizenship to the former slaves and there children it was NOT to legalize anchor
babies.

Not true.  The purpose of the 14th Amendment, in the words of its proponent, Sen. Howard of Michigan, was to settle “the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States.”

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
babies.

Do you have any idea of my position on this issue?   Try reading!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Time to force this up into the High Court for a comprehensive and definitive opinion.

Then... we can go from there.