Author Topic: Developing: Both Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Accused of Serious Ethics Charges  (Read 425 times)

rangerrebew

Developing: Both Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Accused of Serious Ethics Charges
Steven Ahle   October 29, 2018

Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris had ethics complaints filed against them for their behavior during the Kavanaugh hearings. During the hearings both Warren and Harris, used the hearings to fund raise.

It is against the Senate rules to use your position to raise money. It is not uncommon for Senators to vote and then use tht vote to convince people to contribute to your campaign, but it’s a big no no to ask for money based on your vote before the vote is taken. It makes it appear that your vote is for sale and Senate rules strictly forbid it.

From The Washington Times

https://steadfastandloyal.com/politics/deveoping-both-elizabeth-warren-and-kamala-harris-accused-of-serious-ethics-charges/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:1431720&utm_campaign=Violence%20Breaks%20Out%20as%20Caravan%20People%20Attack%20Mexican

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Never gonna happen.  These are two-fers:  Female and at least 1/1024th minority.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Well, when they're indicted, give me a ring.  Until then, these and many other ethically corrupt politicians will continue to walk free with no accountability for their actions.  Why?  Because if one domino falls, then they all fall...

Some Republic we have here... :shrug:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
But, a worthwhile effort.

Offline The_Reader_David

Well, when they're indicted, give me a ring. 

It won't happen, but not because the GOP Senators are gutless, but because violations of Senate ethics rules are not criminal offenses, rather they are matters on which the Senate may act against its members with sanctions ranging from censure (a very formal slap on the wrist) through loss of seniority to expulsion.

In the current atmosphere, I'd be somewhat surprised if the GOP don't do something (assuming they retain the majority), but I'd be very surprise if it's anything much stronger than censure.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.