Author Topic: Trump generates media hysteria by telling the truth about telling the truth  (Read 630 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 1, 2018
Trump generates media hysteria by telling the truth about telling the truth
By Thomas Lifson

Honestly, I don’t know if President Trump was consciously baiting the media, or if the words that are generating pompous outrage were spontaneously and unselfconsciously expressed. Probably the latter, not that it matters, because Trump has found his groove, and it is working for him.

He said something to Jonathan Karl of ABC News that no other president would ever say: “When I can, I tell the truth."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/trump_generates_media_hysteria_by_telling_the_truth_about_telling_the_truth.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

I absolutely believe he speaks what he thinks.  I have some relatives with no filter.  You adjust to it and sometimes it's a great thing.  We are accustomed to the President being filtered in every word and gesture. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline aligncare

I absolutely believe he speaks what he thinks.  I have some relatives with no filter.  You adjust to it and sometimes it's a great thing.  We are accustomed to the President being filtered in every word and gesture.

Another way of describing that is that most politicians are “managed and their remarks are poll tested.”

That’s what got us in this swampy mess.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Public Pre-Trump : We want politicians to be honest with us
Public Post-Trump : Stop being honest with us.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Suppressed

He didn’t lie about bringing economic growth well in excess of 3% (facing a media chorus that this was “impossible”).

He said that he'd cut the deficit, too.  But he raised the deficit to raise economic growth.

It reminds me of my old boss who promised to increase revenue and profit.  Then he began giving away contracts for under our costs, but at least he'd increased revenue.  So what if we lost money . . .
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn