Author Topic: Exclusive: Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship  (Read 6560 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Exclusive: Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2018, 07:56:04 pm »
Only if you don't think it through.

@musiclady

It's good news anyway you look at it. At the very least it will force the pretend Republicans out of the closet and make them side with their Dim brothers.

With any luck at all,it might even make the  Bush Crime Family suicidal. Bigger pack of traitors than the Kennedy Klan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2018, 07:57:52 pm »
Want me to correct that?

Looks like Pete has that covered. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2018, 08:00:33 pm »
Trump has followed through on most of his campign issues other than the wall.  Tax cuts, less gov't regulation, booming economy, stronger military, 2 conservatives scj,  on an on.

The wall is a tuffy because many in his own party fight him on it. And from what I have been reading lately he is going to pull us out of Afghanistan next year no matter what the General say.

Jeesh give the guy some credit..will ya? 
He has done incredibly well in the 22 months he has been President.

@musiclady

Since when did 'he/she did what he/she promised' become the standard for any contemporary politician? Certainly not the GOP rank & file, who've been screwed over and over by what passes for republican leadership over the past few decades, politicians they still hold in high esteem.

As you say, Trump has been better at delivering/trying to deliver than anyone since Reagan.

If he's been guilty of anything its that he's promised things he requires the cooperation of others to accomplish.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:05:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2018, 08:01:29 pm »
Folks, this issue is one of an Executive Order or even a bill versus how we interpret the 14th Amendment of our constitution.

The Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment guarantees citizenship to any baby born in the United States, with one proviso: you have to be "subject to the jurisdiction thereof".

The issue is over whether a baby born to illegal alien parents is subject to U.S. jurisdiction. One argument is that since a person within the United States is covered by the law generally, he is so "subject" and so is a citizen. OTOH, Senator Jacob Howard, who had authored the Citizenship Clause, said that they babies born in the United States of foreigners are not covered by that clause, because their allegiance is to the country of their parents and not to the United States.

The Supreme Court has interpreted the Citizenship Clause multiple times, but never this situation. President Trump's executive order would likely force the issue into the Supreme Court, because there will be Liberal federal judges who will strike it down. This issue could be before the Supreme Court in time for the 2020 campaign.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:02:31 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2018, 08:03:49 pm »
Looks like Pete has that covered.

We are all just here to pitch in and help where we can.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2018, 08:08:24 pm »
Just for the record, I'm off this thread.  I've given my reasoned opinion, been insulted, responded to it, and that's all that needs to happen as far as I'm concerned.

(I never, ever respond to sneakypete's pings, so sorry if that offends anyone.  You really need to stop doing that, pete.  I'll never read your smears again).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2018, 08:10:21 pm »
Just for the record, I'm off this thread.  I've given my reasoned opinion, been insulted, responded to it, and that's all that needs to happen as far as I'm concerned.

(I never, ever respond to sneakypete's pings, so sorry if that offends anyone.  You really need to stop doing that, pete.  I'll never read your smears again).

@musiclady OK.

Offline endicom

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2018, 08:17:04 pm »
Like Trump or not, he shakes up boxes. In order to begin the process.

It came, by coincidence, with Graham saying he will introduce legislation to correct things.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2018, 08:49:50 pm »
@INVAR

Irrelevant.  We either shut down "instant citizenship" NOW,or we won't have a country to save in 20 years.

I agree.

However, ruling by E.O. is simply writing law and contract in sand by the beach with a hurricane on the horizon.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2018, 09:06:14 pm »
I agree.

However, ruling by E.O. is simply writing law and contract in sand by the beach with a hurricane on the horizon.

@INVAR

So what? It gets the issue up in the public and gets it aired on the teebee news shows. People like us read political boards and are at least semi-aware of a lot of things that are going on that the typical "I pay attention to politics for 30 days every 4 years!" voters don't. Trump pushing it will make them aware of it,and once they find out it CAN be stopped,chances are it WILL be stopped.

Trump is doing what he needs to do,which is turning over outhouses to watch the rats scamper about. This attracts attention from people who don't normally pay attention,and once these people become aware that it IS possible to change things,things will change.

The whole "The longest journey begins with the first step,kemo-sabe!" thing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2018, 09:22:07 pm »
@INVAR

So what? It gets the issue up in the public and gets it aired on the teebee news shows.

It's just a fart then; all stink and no substance.

But that's what we now think is good governance: the ether of facades designed to placate concerns.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2018, 09:35:26 pm »

But that's what we now think is good governance: the ether of facades designed to placate concerns.

Come on, Invar.  Let it play out and let's see what happens before you deep six it.  On this particular issue he has done more than any of the past 6 or 7 presidents combined.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2018, 10:04:33 pm »
Come on, Invar.  Let it play out and let's see what happens before you deep six it.  On this particular issue he has done more than any of the past 6 or 7 presidents combined.

Other than the inevitable challenge to this proposed EO, what method would there be to getting a case to the USSC for an interpretation of the 14th Amendment?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2018, 11:09:26 pm »

@INVAR

Means nothing. There is nothing Trump could ever say or do,other than die or resign and nominate JEB,that you would get your approval.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2018, 11:13:06 pm »
Other than the inevitable challenge to this proposed EO, what method would there be to getting a case to the USSC for an interpretation of the 14th Amendment?

@Polly Ticks

I am no legal expert,but Trump just trying to use an EO to set it in place is enough to get the Dims filing legal arguments,and THAT would have it ending up before the Supremes. Maybe this is Trumps plan? If he does this the Dims CAN'T ignore it and not lose more seats and all hope of gaining power again.

And with a new SC that leans to the actual right,that is Trump in the role of Brer Rabbit,daring the Dims to throw him in the briar patch.

Win/win.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2018, 11:51:53 pm »
@Polly Ticks

I am no legal expert,but Trump just trying to use an EO to set it in place is enough to get the Dims filing legal arguments,and THAT would have it ending up before the Supremes. Maybe this is Trumps plan? If he does this the Dims CAN'T ignore it and not lose more seats and all hope of gaining power again.

And with a new SC that leans to the actual right,that is Trump in the role of Brer Rabbit,daring the Dims to throw him in the briar patch.

Win/win.

You could be right. While Trump’s speaking style may entice some into thinking that he’s unintelligent, he’s anything but. This is what fighting back looks like, and I couldn’t be happier to finally see a republican president pushing hard for my issues.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2018, 11:56:55 pm »
Means nothing. There is nothing Trump could ever say or do,other than die or resign and nominate JEB,that you would get your approval.

Nominating JEB would rightly earn much worse than vilifying condemnation.

As to Trump approval - I thought you people said he did not need nor want anything less than undying 100% unwavering loyalty and that people like me are irrelevant?

So why do you give two shits whether or not I approve of anything he says or does?

He gets whatever I feel like levying at his behaviors, talk and show, regardless how pissed off it makes you.

We used to call that liberty at one time in this country.

Sadly, many Trumplicans are no more interested in liberty than the Left is.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2018, 12:04:02 am »

I have no power to deep-six jack and shit when it comes to whatever bullshit comes out of DC and Trump.

Trump has no authority to issue an E.O. to terminate the current policy of birthright citizenship as promoted by his party, the Democrats and the Courts.  This has all the stink and smell of the same fart he blew with his 'Mexico is going to pay for my wall".  Just more incentive to get his peeps to the polls to vote for a feckless do-nothing party that rightly deserves to go the way of the Whigs or get folded into the DNC.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2018, 01:31:48 am »
Trump has followed through on most of his campign issues other than the wall.  Tax cuts, less gov't regulation, booming economy, stronger military, 2 conservatives scj,  on an on.

@musiclady

I'm really liking a lot of what Trump is doing lately.  But to get a full near buy in from me, he has to do something to the deficit besides making it larger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2018, 02:06:31 am »
You could be right. While Trump’s speaking style may entice some into thinking that he’s unintelligent, he’s anything but. This is what fighting back looks like, and I couldn’t be happier to finally see a republican president pushing hard for my issues.

Without a doubt, Pres. Trump is a very intelligent person; with that being said, one of my first thoughts, was certainly he must know by now that he can't change a Constitutional amendment by an e.o., and this is nothing more than to encourage those to vote GOP and get out and vote.  Exciting his base and keeping his supporters is definitely the norm for him.

Pushing hard for issues is one thing, going about it in an unconstitutional manner is another and I'm kind of in the middle on this one; I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this ... maybe his intent is to bring the issue all the way to SCOTUS for a decision on an issue that's long over due.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2018, 02:54:54 am »
Make that 10 since Eisenhower had his Operation Wetback up and running.  Ironically, it was sanctioned by the Mexican Government.

That Operation was the most successful enforcement of our immigration laws for over 30 years so I consider Eisenhower the one Trump must overcome to be the best at it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2018, 04:32:45 am »
THE DONALD ON A RAMPAGE!!!! ROCK AND ROLL!!!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline verga

« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2018, 06:36:16 pm »
Really?  That's what SCOTUS needs to issue a binding ruling?
Trump needed to get another solid Constitutionalist on the court before pushing this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »
Without a doubt, Pres. Trump is a very intelligent person; with that being said, one of my first thoughts, was certainly he must know by now that he can't change a Constitutional amendment by an e.o.

He can't amend the Constitution, but he can construe it.   That's what he appears to be proposing - to construe narrowly the 14A's existing limitation that birthright citizenship is limited to children born of persons "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2018, 07:10:33 pm »
He can't amend the Constitution, but he can construe it.   That's what he appears to be proposing - to construe narrowly the 14A's existing limitation that birthright citizenship is limited to children born of persons "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States.   

Which does appear to be the intent.

It seems to me that the current interpretation is because the bureaucracy just instituted the "born in the USA" interpretation, and if that is the case, then an EO is a justifiable tool to reverse that interpretation.