Author Topic: 2,100 mostly unarmed Guard troops on border as Trump vows to send more to stop migrant caravan  (Read 15712 times)

Offline libertybele

I'm done listening to the endless refrain each and every election cycle that insists we need to vote for more R's to save us from all the problems that they, themselves have funded, capitulated to or passed.

Nope.  I'm forever done with your party, Trumplican, Establishment or Liberal Democrat who ran as a Conservative to win office.  Forever done.

You are welcome to practice insanity to your heart's content and continue voting the same way and expecting different results, some of us know better than to do that.

....oh .... kind of like keeping McConnell and Ryan in leadership and expecting a different result?  Gee ... who would've thought?  9999hair out0000

Here we sit. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:45:38 pm by Mod5 »

Offline jpsb

@musiclady

I think @jpsb should tell us what he finds cutest about Trump.  This is a safe space.

Compared to Hillary? LOL, Trump's wife is cute. Nothing about Hillary is.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'm done listening to the endless refrain each and every election cycle that insists we need to vote for more R's to save us from all the problems that they, themselves have funded, capitulated to or passed.

Nope.  I'm forever done with your party, Trumplican, Establishment or Liberal Democrat who ran as a Conservative to win office.  Forever done.

You are welcome to practice insanity to your heart's content and continue voting the same way and expecting different results, some of us know better than to do that.

Maybe you're right.  Maybe you're wrong.  The one thing I've noticed is that your extremist faction doesn't try to tell me how to vote, while the other extremist faction calls me a traitor if I don't go their way.

My vote, my choice.

Your vote, your choice.

Dead guy's vote, Soro's choice.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
We have water cannons, tear gas and sonic music, too.

It’s a damn good thing we have sonic music.  The visual music wasn’t very effective last time.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

<NOPE>

You picked your avatar @jpsb .  Don't be slamming me because I can see what you look like.

btw, am I an 'idiot' because I'm not in love with your man crush, or just because I'm a woman who thinks for myself?

I know that lisping black ducks are intolerant of intelligence, and especially bright, independent women.

Which is it?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:46:37 pm by Mod5 »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mod5

Let's pick at the topic and not each other, OK?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just a reminder.  Ya coulda had Kasich.

Kasich: ‘The Lord Doesn’t Want’ Americans Opposing the Migrant Caravan
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ArneFufkin

Oh, please calm down and stop throwing around your usual asinine hyperbole.  We're facing a huge threat.

Understand our military is not going to open fire on these people.  This being the case, what would you like to see the President do?  I'm being serious here Invar.  Either join a rational conversation about the possible or take some time off and get some rest.

Was that "Clarity" back in the old FR days who used to tell folks to "Get Some Rest"?   :pondering:   happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Was that "Clarity" back in the old FR days who used to tell folks to "Get Some Rest"?   :pondering:   happy77

He did.  It's a common expression that I have at least thought a lot of times.  "Don't Panic" works for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Im late to this party, but there is a lot of sense in advertising our troops will be mostly unarmed. One batch of Zetas cuts through the column (with some of those nice toys they picked up from Obama's BATF during grenadewalker and other operations) and our guys could get hung out to dry in the world press as having massacred a bunch of 'poor innocents'.  Would these dirtbags slaughter a bunch of kids to get their people across? You betcha! They are playing a nasty long game, and any pawns can be sacrificed on the road to what they consider winning.

This is all ultimately about money, power, and real estate.

Pat them on the head, give 'em a drink of water, and send them home.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"We do not have any intention right now to shoot at people, but they will be apprehended, however," Nielsen said in an interview with Fox News. "But I also take my officers and agents, their own personal safety, extraordinarily seriously. They do have the ability, of course, to defend themselves."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/26/politics/nielsen-caravan-military-trump/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Trump is considering shutting down ports of entry along the southern border to further dissuade that caravan. However, that plan is “receiv[ing] pushback within the White House where officials have argued it would hurt interstate commerce

https://www.defenseone.com/news/2018/10/the-d-brief-october-26-2018/152336/?oref=d-channelriver

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump is considering shutting down ports of entry along the southern border to further dissuade that caravan. However, that plan is “receiv[ing] pushback within the White House where officials have argued it would hurt interstate commerce

https://www.defenseone.com/news/2018/10/the-d-brief-october-26-2018/152336/?oref=d-channelriver

And right there is proof that for all of Trump's empty promises, Open Borders to A Welfare State will not be hindered in any way, and the hordes of third world invaders have gotten the invitation to invade us, and so they are.

While Democrats are waiting at the border to register them all to vote.

Kiss your country goodbye, it's already a dead man walking.  Math does not lie.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And right there is proof that for all of Trump's empty promises, Open Borders to A Welfare State will not be hindered in any way, and the hordes of third world invaders have gotten the invitation to invade us, and so they are.

While Democrats are waiting at the border to register them all to vote.

Kiss your country goodbye, it's already a dead man walking.  Math does not lie.

Math doesn't lie but people on this forum do, frequently.

The truth is the caravan is imploding.  These people have no resources and are still thousands of miles from the border.  They are sleeping with almost no cover, getting sick and tired and a large fraction have begun to break off with nowhere to go.

It is a sad thing, a massive case of people abuse.  I have no doubt that the whole march was funded and organized by democrats and Soros people.  They originally gave money and encouragement; got these poor people on the road and have essentially abandoned them with no resources or help.

It is horrible and all of the idiots blaming Trump or Republicans for it do not have a clue.

And, by the way, even the press has abandoned the marchers.  It's become more fun to talk about the bomb packages which, by the way have harmed no one.

Offline aligncare

The truth is the caravan is imploding.  These people have no resources and are still thousands of miles from the border.  They are sleeping with almost no cover, getting sick and tired and a large fraction have begun to break off with nowhere to go.

It is a sad thing, a massive case of people abuse.  I have no doubt that the whole march was funded and organized by democrats and Soros people.  They originally gave money and encouragement; got these poor people on the road and have essentially abandoned them with no resources or help.

It is horrible and all of the idiots blaming Trump or Republicans for it do not have a clue.

And, by the way, even the press has abandoned the marchers.  It's become more fun to talk about the bomb packages which, by the way have harmed no one.

Excellent point @Emjay

The media can go wall-to-wall 24/7 with stories and headlines right now tying Trump to a cold, calculating, serial bomber. Why wait for the caravan story to unfold? Its only real value to the media is in its potential to harm the Republicans in the midterms.

But, this bomber story...has the media salivating. It’s boffo, it’s now, it’s scary without any real danger or consequence for average Americans.

But, it sure fills CNN’s bill. You might say, it’s tailor-made.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Oh really???

We've been watching this same stupid show over and over and over again - WITH THE SAME EXACT RESULTS. 

Your boy Trump is no more committed to ending the migrant invasion and closing the borders than Bush or Obama were.  He's doing the same damn thing they are.

And when this next 'caravan get here', we will be doing the same exact thing that is happening today - only on a grander scale.

Camp of the Saints is here.

Federal officials release more migrant families (into USA) at the border, citing an uptick

President Donald Trump’s administration is releasing thousands of Central American families after briefly detaining them at the border, overwhelming nonprofits from El Paso to San Diego who are suddenly scrambling to find them temporary housing and transportation to their final destination.

...The agency “no longer has the capacity” to conduct the additional review procedure without risking the violation of how long minors can be detained, an ICE spokeswoman said in a statement.

As a result, starting on Columbus Day weekend in Arizona, and now expanding to across the southern border, families are being freed en masse in greater numbers than before, with the burden of providing temporary shelter and travel coordination falling solely to nonprofits.

White House officials have characterized the bottleneck at the border as the fault of too many families and not enough space to hold them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Excellent point @Emjay

The media can go wall-to-wall 24/7 with stories and headlines right now tying Trump to a cold, calculating, serial bomber. Why wait for the caravan story to unfold? Its only real value to the media is in its potential to harm the Republicans in the midterms.

But, this bomber story...has the media salivating. It’s boffo, it’s now, it’s scary without any real danger or consequence for average Americans.

But, it sure fills CNN’s bill. You might say, it’s tailor-made.

Absolutely and Fox is going with it 24-7 also.  They've now arrested some nerdy looking guy in Florida who (of course) drives around in a vehicle so plastered with Trump regalia that it is highly noticeable. 

Except for suspicious timing ... right before the election ... I would guess that this is a lone nut case, but, because of the timing, I'm guessing that he was goaded to do this by some leftist forces.

Offline libertybele

If indeed the caravans were imploding Trump wouldn't tweet about the masses heading our way, nor would he have agreed to allow these people to apply for asylum and UN place them.

To come out and say that people in this forum lie, when they, just like you are gathering information from various different news sources and posting them along with their links, I find that pretty offensive and really uncalled for @Emjay. Do you know for a fact as to why the press has abandoned reporting on the caravans?  Perhaps the Trump administration themselves have asked for silence...who knows?  Perhaps the DEMS felt that the stories are doing them more harm them good and have asked for silence. Have you yourself witnessed the caravans imploding?? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If indeed the caravans were imploding Trump wouldn't tweet about the masses heading our way, nor would he have agreed to allow these people to apply for asylum and UN place them.

To come out and say that people in this forum lie, when they, just like you are gathering information from various different news sources and posting them along with their links, I find that pretty offensive and really uncalled for @Emjay. Do you know for a fact as to why the press has abandoned reporting on the caravans?  Perhaps the Trump administration themselves have asked for silence...who knows?  Perhaps the DEMS felt that the stories are doing them more harm them good and have asked for silence. Have you yourself witnessed the caravans imploding??

I posted a story from a reliable source about the pathetic state of the caravans and I don't remember saying that people on this forum lie.  If I said 'lie' I apologize but I certainly think many are deeply prejudiced and misinformed.

I don't know for a fact why the press does anything, but you will admit it is hard to find a story about the caravan in the last two days.  The press has moved on to the next bright, shiny object which they think is the bomb story.

Offline libertybele

I posted a story from a reliable source about the pathetic state of the caravans and I don't remember saying that people on this forum lie.  If I said 'lie' I apologize but I certainly think many are deeply prejudiced and misinformed.

I don't know for a fact why the press does anything, but you will admit it is hard to find a story about the caravan in the last two days.  The press has moved on to the next bright, shiny object which they think is the bomb story.

Quote from: Emjay on Today at 01:30:32 PM

Really @Emjay?  Go back and read your post.  I copied and paste.  End of discussion.

Silver Pines

I posted a story from a reliable source about the pathetic state of the caravans and I don't remember saying that people on this forum lie.

@Emjay

Some of them do.  Amazing...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

I've said it before, and I'm betting I'll say it again... posting history can be a real bitch.  But, whatever, as long as the shit gets stirred up well. Party on Wayne.