Author Topic: Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows  (Read 3666 times)

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 02:43:29 pm »
That looks pretty representative.  Are you arguing that it's not?

I think they have hit new lows......    The Military Times is out to get Trump.    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »
I think they have hit new lows......    The Military Times is out to get Trump.    :silly:

We could be wrong, but it looks like they think that.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 03:00:15 pm »
And I'm supposed to swallow that This is representative of our entire military?

Polls can be designed to give the pollsters any outcome they want.

And I'm calling bs on this one.

Have you seen todays troops? Lotsa liberals, feminist, trans, gays in the ranks. I have plenty of friendson FB who are in the service or retired and they are bleeding heart liberals.
Todays military is a jobs program for inner city folks.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 03:02:32 pm »

5 Trump supporters posted their opinion on this thread. Less than half didn't believe the polling. Looks like we have more radically deranged Never Trump irrational spin again.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 03:07:22 pm »
5 Trump supporters posted their opinion on this thread. Less than half didn't believe the polling. Looks like we have more radically deranged Never Trump irrational spin again.

@Once-Ler

I'll start with Once-Ler's comment....

"Like I'm going to listen to the rabid communist rants of the Military Times!!!
The Troops don't like entertaining a bloated petulant brat?  Then they are not invited to his next military parade."

Then there was another basically calling the poll fradulent.......

Spin away Frank.....

Also Frank, do my positive comments that I make about Trump man me a NT'er

Sheezzz...  the koolaid is stout today.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:09:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 03:11:30 pm »
What were the percentages of political affiliation? I suspect a great many enlisted come from democrat households from inner city America, where Trump is a dirty word. Could skew results.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 03:13:26 pm »
Have you seen todays troops? Lotsa liberals, feminist, trans, gays in the ranks. I have plenty of friendson FB who are in the service or retired and they are bleeding heart liberals.
Todays military is a jobs program for inner city folks.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Spot on.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »
What were the percentages of political affiliation? I suspect a great many enlisted come from democrat households from inner city America, where Trump is a dirty word. Could skew results.

Good point.  Also, as the economy has improved, how much more of the military come from those of lesser means.  That could skew the trend  too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 03:17:01 pm »
@Once-Ler

I'll start with Once-Ler's comment....

"Like I'm going to listen to the rabid communist rants of the Military Times!!!
The Troops don't like entertaining a bloated petulant brat?  Then they are not invited to his next military parade."

LOL. You are citing Oncer as proof that Trump supporters think the poll is shit? I hate to break this to you but he is the band leader for you radically deranged Trump haters.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 03:19:47 pm »
LOL. You are citing Oncer as proof that Trump supporters think the poll is shit? I hate to break this to you but he is the band leader for you radically deranged Trump haters.

Well I missed that one, but your characterization of me as a "NT'er " is bull shit and you know it.   

Versus, you who see him as God.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 03:42:34 pm »
I think it is undeniable that the troops love Mattis and he is the best of best in the military. 

Mattis refused to implement Trump's common sense policy of not allowing transgenders into the
military. He is NOT the best of the best, he is also allowing standards to be lowered so the females
can get combat MOSes. All in all I am very disappointed in Mattis, he is way to PC. If I were in I'd be
thanking Trump everyday that I don't have to fight in North Korea.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 03:47:51 pm »
Is that you, Barack?     *****rollingeyes*****

Is that you @Frank Cannon ?
It was a long time ago, but I remember pre-trump @DCPatriot was a lot more charming

Thank you for your service to America @Night Hides Not  .

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 03:51:57 pm »
Mattis refused to implement Trump's common sense policy of not allowing transgenders into the
military. He is NOT the best of the best, he is also allowing standards to be lowered so the females
can get combat MOSes. All in all I am very disappointed in Mattis, he is way to PC. If I were in I'd be
thanking Trump everyday that I don't have to fight in North Korea.

I did not realize @jpsb that it was Mattis who blocked the transgender ban, which was needed and totally sensible.  We don't need head cases in the military.  As for women getting combat, it would cause more trouble than it is worth.

Regarding the comment about the relatively poor and probably democrat background of many soldiers, that may be true.

But I still don't believe there is a lot of negative sentiment against Trump in the military.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 03:52:03 pm »
I wonder if the poll is what one would say is "scientific"; I'm not so sure about that. Well-written article still. Cites a Gallup poll. And polls are not always accurate.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 03:56:50 pm »
I did not realize @jpsb that it was Mattis who blocked the transgender ban, which was needed and totally sensible.  We don't need head cases in the military.  As for women getting combat, it would cause more trouble than it is worth.

Regarding the comment about the relatively poor and probably democrat background of many soldiers, that may be true.

But I still don't believe there is a lot of negative sentiment against Trump in the military.

What particular Trump policy/policies would be driving the "military" opinion of him downward?

I can't think of any. Maybe I just haven't been keeping up. Maybe one of those here who find this poll credible can provide some enlightenment.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 03:57:29 pm »

U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, left, meets Ho Chi Minh City's communist party chief Nguyen Thien Nhan in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018. (Kham/Pool Photo via AP)
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/10/16/mattis-trump-gave-him-100-percent-support-despite-president-saying-the-defense-chief-may-go-2/

It's not for pictures like this or transgender policy, things like this, I might want Matthis in there for but if he is getting the essentials right, that is what is important.

Ho Chi Minh statue?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:58:04 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 04:09:18 pm »
! No longer available

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 04:12:23 pm »
What particular Trump policy/policies would be driving the "military" opinion of him downward?

I can't think of any. Maybe I just haven't been keeping up. Maybe one of those here who find this poll credible can provide some enlightenment.

Somehow, I cannot see enlisted military giving a lot of thought to politics so if there is any anti-Trump sentiment, it is probably a family democrat thing.  But how widespread was the participation in these polls.  Aren't there any girls to chase or beer to drink on their free time?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 04:18:41 pm »
Somehow, I cannot see enlisted military giving a lot of thought to politics so if there is any anti-Trump sentiment, it is probably a family democrat thing.  But how widespread was the participation in these polls.  Aren't there any girls to chase or beer to drink on their free time?

Actually the article itself sends a completely different message than the headline. Per usual.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2018, 04:21:18 pm »
Is this the same military that is now nothing but a social experiment in faggotry, crossdressing and feeling good?

Transgender Men in Women's Showers Must Get 'Dignity and Respect,' Says U.S. Army

https://www.rallypoint.com/shared-links/transgender-men-in-women-s-showers-must-get-dignity-and-respect-says-u-s-army

Y’all are aware that not a one of those is a US uniform, right?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2018, 04:44:12 pm »
Actually the article itself sends a completely different message than the headline. Per usual.

I need to make myself read the articles before I comment.  They are so often different from the headlines.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2018, 04:54:48 pm »
I need to make myself read the articles before I comment.  They are so often different from the headlines.

It must be a deliberate tactic.  They know most of us just read the headline and take away whatever it says.  This way they can say they are reporting the news (in the body) and still shape public perceptions.

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2018, 07:33:44 pm »
The headline tells the tail of the story.  You still failed to read it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2018, 07:44:25 pm »
The headline tells the tail of the story.  You still failed to read it.

"new poll shows"?

Who are you talking to?

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2018, 08:46:27 pm »
"new poll shows"?

Who are you talking to?

Anyone who thinks the military isn't polled frequently enough because their opinions are more important than Hollywood. 

Who are you talking to?  Military hating Trump fans?