Author Topic: "Democrats 'cannot be civil' with Republicans anymore" - Hillary Clinton  (Read 8138 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: "Democrats 'cannot be civil' with Republicans anymore" - Hillary Clinton
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2018, 05:35:00 pm »
(singing) ....Red Solo cup...I fill you up...lets have a party...  :beer:

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2018, 05:57:15 pm »
Aw heck...  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2018, 06:01:23 pm »
Aw heck...  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Sounds like a plan.

I'm in!

:beer:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »

When the worm turns, people with your mindset will be doing the same damn thing the Left is doing now, and going full tilt violent on anyone and everyone perceived not 'on their side'.

That is the nature of the mindset displayed when coupled with opportunity and cause, which is coming.

There will be no more respect or honor of liberty than the left has for it.

Bloodbaths are nasty business and they do not care about anything or anyone who gets pegged and hurt beyond exacting revenge and 'winning'.  The Left is already there in total, and you folks are right behind them by a half-step.

All it needs is a spark and all that gasoline we are sitting in goes up and the fire cares not whom gets consumed.

It is a fear of mine, as well.
Both sides in this debate seem to ratchet up the rhetoric a little more each day, and we argue over who started it.
It won't matter if it all goes up in flames.

Don't get me wrong, defend yourselves, by all means.
Defend by refuting lies and using the 2nd amendment, if it gets that far.
We do have the right to free speech, to  correct those who paint us in unfavorable light, and we have the 2nd amendment, to stop tyranny in all its forms.
From the tyranny of the local street thugs trying to take over the next block to expand their territory, to the unhinged lunatic that wants to harm schools, to, yes, even the government, whatever banner they fly.

The left, no doubt wants to curtail freedom by having a true democracy, rather than a representative republic.
They are those that currently want to limit our rights and freedoms, under the guise of some sort of payback for all the unfairness generated on them.
We have to be mindful that this whole FISA-warrant-wiretap-court thing started with Republicans, following 9/11, with promises that it would only be used to stop terrorist, and it wouldn't be abused. So this time, the side that abused it came from the left.
We have to be vigilant that it never comes from the right, or anyone else again, for that matter.

People are crazy, and rightly so.
There's this little thing called schema, which keeps your mind from thinking about everything happening around you all at once, so you don't lose your minds.
Yet, everything is happening all around us, all the time, in real time, on the internet, cable news, radio broadcast,etc.
It can make people retreat into stereotypes, and quit critical thinking, as it is much easier to have pre-conceived notions, so our brains aren't on overload, all the time.

Be careful out there.............
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:17:38 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2018, 07:44:46 pm »
It is a fear of mine, as well.
Both sides in this debate seem to ratchet up the rhetoric a little more each day, and we argue over who started it.
It won't matter if it all goes up in flames.

Don't get me wrong, defend yourselves, by all means.
Defend by refuting lies and using the 2nd amendment, if it gets that far.
We do have the right to free speech, to  correct those who paint us in unfavorable light, and we have the 2nd amendment, to stop tyranny in all its forms.
From the tyranny of the local street thugs trying to take over the next block to expand their territory, to the unhinged lunatic that wants to harm schools, to, yes, even the government, whatever banner they fly.

The left, no doubt wants to curtail freedom by having a true democracy, rather than a representative republic.
They are those that currently want to limit our rights and freedoms, under the guise of some sort of payback for all the unfairness generated on them.
We have to be mindful that this whole FISA-warrant-wiretap-court thing started with Republicans, following 9/11, with promises that it would only be used to stop terrorist, and it wouldn't be abused. So this time, the side that abused it came from the left.
We have to be vigilant that it never comes from the right, or anyone else again, for that matter.

People are crazy, and rightly so.
There's this little thing called schema, which keeps your mind from thinking about everything happening around you all at once, so you don't lose your minds.
Yet, everything is happening all around us, all the time, in real time, on the internet, cable news, radio broadcast,etc.
It can make people retreat into stereotypes, and quit critical thinking, as it is much easier to have pre-conceived notions, so our brains aren't on overload, all the time.

Be careful out there.............

Yes.  We need to guard against over-reacting and stereotyping.  I've experienced that on this very thread.  I agreed with @INVAR about the dangers of escalating violence and was attacked by a Trump supporter simply for the act of agreeing with INVAR about something.

That is verging on sick.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2018, 09:22:52 pm »
Yes.  We need to guard against over-reacting and stereotyping.  I've experienced that on this very thread.  I agreed with @INVAR about the dangers of escalating violence and was attacked by a Trump supporter simply for the act of agreeing with INVAR about something.

That is verging on sick.

And I must add that I have been a fairly staunch Trump supporter myself ever since the election, but one misstep in the eyes of another one and I'm condemned.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2018, 12:58:06 am »
And I must add that I have been a fairly staunch Trump supporter myself ever since the election, but one misstep in the eyes of another one and I'm condemned.
As much as I hate to say it, that is reminiscent of Stalinesque purges. Anything less than utter loyalty to the head man is to be punished severely.

Which is why those of us who emphasize loyalty to principles and not mere personalities are wary of populism, in any form.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2018, 01:09:09 am »
As much as I hate to say it, that is reminiscent of Stalinesque purges. Anything less than utter loyalty to the head man is to be punished severely.

Which is why those of us who emphasize loyalty to principles and not mere personalities are wary of populism, in any form.

LOL!  Thankfully, didn't participate in the thread up to that point, @Emjay

We should just write if off to a misunderstanding...give that person the benefit of the doubt this time.

If it happens again, shove your boot up their azz.    :laugh:

I have outspoken FB friends I've known for decades and they send ME memes to post because they know I don't give a damn.

Am fed up to 'HERE' with the Democrats and TBR NT holdouts.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:11:08 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2018, 01:16:25 am »

We should just write if off to a misunderstanding...give that person the benefit of the doubt this time.

I have outspoken FB friends I've known for decades and they send ME memes to post because they know I don't give a damn.

Tough s***, wherever your 'here' is. If you don't like it there is a whole wide world out there for you to disagree with--and that's just the Democrats.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:17:36 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2018, 01:18:08 am »
Re Bigun's posting #107 above:

GREAT image, as good as it gets.

They are democrat-communists.

Call 'em for what they are!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2018, 01:19:00 am »

Lucky for you then there aren't that many.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:19:43 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2018, 01:25:19 am »
I hope you can sleep tonight @DCPatriot  :crying:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2018, 01:51:07 am »

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP, we goin' nowhere.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2018, 02:01:25 am »
Lucky for you then there aren't that many.

No...it's lucky for the forum at large, IMO.

And let me say that I don't hold those feelings for ALL the remaining NTs.  Many are very nice when you get an opportunity to discuss other subjects than Donald Trump and/or Ted Cruz.

They know who they are....    :smokin:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2018, 02:02:16 am »
I hope you can sleep tonight @DCPatriot  :crying:

We're good, @Once-Ler    :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2018, 02:19:41 am »
No...it's lucky for the forum at large, IMO.

And let me say that I don't hold those feelings for ALL the remaining NTs.  Many are very nice when you get an opportunity to discuss other subjects than Donald Trump and/or Ted Cruz.

They know who they are....    :smokin:

Given you comments to many of them, I doubt they care if you think they are "very nice" or not.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2018, 03:06:46 am »

I'm fed up to here with ATers demonizing Conservatives who call out Trump for liberal policies by invoking the NT scapegoat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2018, 03:11:37 am »
Oh come on.  There's only a couple here (maybe a scant few) that may have made me doubt that "all" in the past (like on any forum)...

but most of us are on the same side.... against the left.  If I'm not sure of anything else...

I'm shock sure of that.   happy77

Thanks @XenaLee  for your previous post before this one. But do I think the GOP has my back?, no, just like the NRA doesn't always have our backs. Fair weather friends, we lost Alabama because some of the same GOPe spit at conservatives. They told us that even if we did vote for Moore, they would throw out him out. Now the same people that said that are considered heroes this week.
For the record no one on this forum threatened me subtly or directly when I stated that I wasn't voting for Trump.

Lets see, I got kicked off TOS, called an asswipe termite fake poster that took over an old 2000 account, I was a Hillary operative and much more. Wish I moved here a little sooner. The last few months at TOS were a trip to say the least.

if anyone thinks that FR has not been subtly infiltrated by ‘RAT trolls, GOPe-RINO subversives, and every kind of gutter snipe, they are sadly mistaken. And no one should think for one moment that it can be prevented at registration time, I am certain that there have been compromised accounts that are frequently activated by NEW posters, not necessarily the ones who originally signed up, and based on some of the massive amounts of posts generated by some such accounts, it can be safely presumed that there is more than one individual involved.

Sad, a few months later this person announced he was dying, loved Jesus and dear Jim Rob then disappeared.

I try to keep in mind that we don't know our time, try not to stoop to this level of behavior. Yet here we are... I am a commie for not supporting the GOP... and I just shake my head.

I remember the support that GOP gave Roy Moore (if elected they would throw him out of office), I remember the budget they passed, I remember lots of reasons I no longer blindly follow any earthly person or group off a cliff.

I will continue to support things when right and continue to point things out when wrong, and if that makes me commie, then they are lacking rightful discernment or just a blowhard bully.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:16:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2018, 03:33:17 am »

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kiss Them for Me

! No longer available

It glittered and it gleamed
For the arriving beauty queen
A ring and a car
Now you're the prettiest by far

No party she'd not attend
No invitation she wouldn't send
Transfixed by the inner sound
Of your promise to be found, oh

Nothing or no one
Will ever make me let you down
Kiss them for me, I may be delayed
Kiss them for me, if I am delayed

It's divoon, oh, it's serene
In the fountain's pink champagne
Someone carving their devotion
In the heart-shaped pool of fame, oh

Kiss them for me, kiss them for me
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2018, 09:39:45 am »
The left is incompatible with our form of government. They are progressives- progressing to totalitarianism.

"Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out."
David Horowitz.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2018, 09:44:02 am »

"Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out."
David Horowitz.
True enough, but always watch what the other hand is doing.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2018, 09:55:44 am »

You people
By that you must mean intelligent Conservatives, as opposed to the knee jerk liberalism you espouse in virtually every post.

Better put me on ignore then.
Gladly!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2018, 10:09:17 am »
No you are not.

You're busy playing politics, nothing more.

That is not 'war', even if you are itching for one.

You people have been busy bashing those espousing foundational principles since you made Trump your prince.  The vitriol and contempt for religious principles being defended here on this board is more than a case-in-point.   [TWB, ?????] That said, Republicans are not Conservatives, especially when they are not acting like Conservatives and excusing deficit spending and making all the same assorted garbage excuses for liberalism that the Left does notwithstanding their own hostility to principles they want silenced or surrendered for political pragmatism and expedience, or because they are as disgusted by them as the Godless Left is.

If that makes me an 'ally' of the Marxists it just proves that the only thing you care about is marching in lockstep to party and persona, and that you give a rat's ass about that which you  pay lip service to.

Better put me on ignore then.

Got Mittens?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com