Author Topic: "Democrats 'cannot be civil' with Republicans anymore" - Hillary Clinton  (Read 8136 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
As if Maxine Waters' open calls for violence and harassment were too subtle - leave it to Mao Pantsuit to stoke it further.

We indeed are on the verge of going full France 1792

Hillary Clinton: Democrats 'cannot be civil' with Republicans anymore

Hillary Clinton, in a television interview Tuesday, rejected the idea that Democrats should be “civil” with Republicans in the age of Donald Trump, embracing a more confrontational and aggressive political approach.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton said.

Speaking to CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said, “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: "Democrats 'cannot be civil' with Republicans anymore" - Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 12:11:53 am »
If that's not the green light for groups like BLM and Antifa to ramp up the violence I don't know what is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 12:18:54 am »
I'm glad we got that cleared up.  I hope McConnell gets it, because the bitter clinger Ryan surely doesn't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:21:10 am »
I don't think we can be civil with INVAR any more.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 12:24:38 am »

By all means, don't be.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 12:25:28 am »
By all means, don't be.

Count on it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:26:45 am »
So, is it open season on Liberals yet?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 12:30:13 am »
So, is it open season on Liberals yet?

They're almost in season...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 12:31:21 am »
Count on it.

Well, take a number - you got a lot of Marxist Leftists in line before you, but I AM counting on it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 12:45:34 am »
Well, take a number - you got a lot of Marxist Leftists in line before you, but I AM counting on it.

Amazing, you are Enemy #1 in front of the "dusty old rat vagina".

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 12:57:31 am »
I thought we dropped a house on this hag.  Why does she keep talking?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 01:01:53 am »
I thought we dropped a house on this hag.  Why does she keep talking?
The undead Liberal...must have missed the brain.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 02:33:10 am »
If that's not the green light for groups like BLM and Antifa to ramp up the violence I don't know what is.

It is the last kind of message that should be sent right now.  The nut cases who were pounding on the door at the Supreme Court do not need any encouragement.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 02:36:09 am »
It is the last kind of message that should be sent right now.  The nut cases who were pounding on the door at the Supreme Court do not need any encouragement.

But the new strategy from the Dems seems to be "burn it all down"...and they will let Antifa and BLM do their dirty work for them all day long.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:30 am »
Anymore?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:01:50 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 03:16:20 am »
They have not been civil for many years.  It didn't take Kavanaugh to teach me that.  Thing is the GOP is no better.  I thought the GOP was civil before Trump, but now I'm unsure when the GOP stopped respecting half the voters.  I think it was around the time that Obama said "elections have consequences," and McConnell said "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:07 am »
They have not been civil for many years.  It didn't take Kavanaugh to teach me that.  Thing is the GOP is no better.  I thought the GOP was civil before Trump, but now I'm unsure when the GOP stopped respecting half the voters.  I think it was around the time that Obama said "elections have consequences," and McConnell said "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
While there has always been some level of contempt, perhaps one of the most noticeable surges came on the heels of the TEA Party movement, when those who rode that movement promptly forgot their promises to remove the ACA (still NOT done), and thumb their noses at the people who elected them.
Despite all the rhetoric, things have gone downhill from there, with the greatest reason to elect/reelect many being that they aren't 'them' (absolute marxists).

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 03:51:22 am »
But the new strategy from the Dems seems to be "burn it all down"...and they will let Antifa and BLM do their dirty work for them all day long.

Yes and Hillary is not averse to a little murder here and there as well.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 03:54:05 am »

I don't see a problem with that sentiment.  I agree with it.  The country would have been better off if Obama had only served 4 years.  It's not disrespecting half the voters for our side to disagree with the policies and candidates of the left.

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 04:29:08 am »
I don't see a problem with that sentiment.  I agree with it.  The country would have been better off if Obama had only served 4 years.  It's not disrespecting half the voters for our side to disagree with the policies and candidates of the left.

Well then try for a minute to put yourself in the shoes of the Obama voters.  In 2008 Obama got 10 million more votes than McCain.  Perhaps they thought the President and the Senate should work together to fix the problems of a troubled nation.  To some of those voters it sounds like "my number one duty is to thwart the will of the people."

My problem is it is the kind of statement you expect from the head of the RNC, not the Senate MINORITY leader.

From the point of view of some rats it's less than a respectful comment.  I'm not sure why you are being coy about it.  We're talking about respect.  It's not a hard thought experiment...all you Trumpers try along with me.  Imagine your guy won the Presidency, and imagine you controlled the Senate and House, and Minority Leader Schumer says "My life goal is to remove Trump."

Do you feel the respect?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 11:01:05 am »
Well then try for a minute to put yourself in the shoes of the Obama voters.  In 2008 Obama got 10 million more votes than McCain.  Perhaps they thought the President and the Senate should work together to fix the problems of a troubled nation.  To some of those voters it sounds like "my number one duty is to thwart the will of the people."

My problem is it is the kind of statement you expect from the head of the RNC, not the Senate MINORITY leader.

From the point of view of some rats it's less than a respectful comment.  I'm not sure why you are being coy about it.  We're talking about respect.  It's not a hard thought experiment...all you Trumpers try along with me.  Imagine your guy won the Presidency, and imagine you controlled the Senate and House, and Minority Leader Schumer says "My life goal is to remove Trump."

Do you feel the respect?

Good points.   Walking a mile in the other guy's mocassins is often a useful exercise - especially when one is otherwise prone to lash out in anger.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 02:17:40 pm »

If that is what they thought, that expectation is unreasonable and reveals an ignorance of our system of government.   We are not a parliamentary democracy where if you win the election, you are in complete control.  If they thought "we now get everything we want because our guy won the Presidency", they're wrong.  And the reason they couldn't get everything they wanted -- single-payer being the biggest item -- was because a bipartisan majority in the House didn't want it.  I'm not willing to walk a mile in the shoes of emotional children throwing a temper tantrum.

McConnell was stupid to say what he said publicly, but he said nothing that both sides don't think the second an election is over.  And there is absolutely nothing wrong with promising to oppose the agenda of a President you don't like.  Zero.  Saying that you want to ensure that a President only serves one term is qualitatively from what the Dems did with Trump, which was trying to prevent him from serving the single term to which he was already elected.  When an election ends with a result we don't like, the proper recourse in a republican form of government is to try to win the next election.  It is not to attempt to undo the results of that election.

But most importantly, there is a massive, qualitative difference between elected legislators voting against an agenda they oppose -- which is what Republican dids -- and Democrats calling for incivility against Republicans in general.  That is monstrous.  And just as an aside, it is wrong to equate "respect" with "civility".  It is entirely possible to have no respect for someone, but still treat them civilly.  In fact, it is essential that is how we behave in a democratic form of government.  It's what distinguishes us from a third world thugocracy where the future is determined by who can get the most goons in the street.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:01:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:27 pm »

But most importantly, there is a massive, qualitative difference between elected legislators voting against an agenda they oppose -- which is what Republican dids -- and Democrats calling for incivility against Republicans in general.  That is monstrous.  And just as an aside, it is wrong to equate "respect" with "civility".  It is entirely possible to have no respect for someone, but still treat them civilly.  In fact, it is essential that is how we behave in a democratic form of government.  It's what distinguishes us from a third world thugocracy where the future is determined by who can get the most goons in the street.
:thumbsup:

If its true the rats consider the other side hopefully anticipating winning the next election 'disrespectful' and a threat it sounds like they're fundamentally incompatible with our system of government.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:32:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 02:34:31 pm »

Always nice to hear from our local Marxists. At this point if you are not for the GOP you're
effectively a commie Marxist.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 03:02:11 pm »
Always nice to hear from our local Marxists. At this point if you are not for the GOP you're
effectively a commie Marxist.

What do you intend to do about us then Skippy??

Put guns to our heads and force us to vote the way you demand?