Author Topic: Police: Florida man threatened to shoot 'weak Republicans' who voted against Kavanaugh confirmation  (Read 531 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Police: Florida man threatened to shoot 'weak Republicans' who voted against Kavanaugh confirmation
By Morgan Gstalter - 10/05/18 01:45 PM EDT

A Florida man was arrested Thursday after he allegedly threatened to shoot “weak Republican” senators and their families if they voted against Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

The Polk County Sheriff’s office announced in a statement that 53-year-old James Royal Patrick of Winter Haven was arrested after posting threats on his personal Facebook page.

Patrick reportedly called for a “literal war against liberals” and threatened to shoot members of Congress who did not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

"I can tell it seems I will be sacrificing my life for my country," Patrick wrote, according to the newspaper. "But I am ready and will know who needs to be killed after the vote to put Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court."

Patrick allegedly wrote about buying new ammunition for his sniper rifle and said he was stockpiling supplies, adding that he “just cleaned out the gun shop.”

"Getting ready if Kav is not confirmed," he wrote on his Facebook page. "Whoever I think is to blame, God have mercy on their soul."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/410121-police-florida-man-threatened-to-shoot-weak-republicans-who-voted-against
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Goes to show there are nutjobs on both sides.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline raml

What is wrong with people these days threatening to kill if they don't get what they want. I don't care which side you are on when it comes to politics but if you feel like killing someone over it please quit watching political news.

Online dfwgator

Goes to show there are nutjobs on both sides.

And I'm sure the MSM will be touting this story until the cows come home.

Offline Applewood

What is wrong with people these days threatening to kill if they don't get what they want. I don't care which side you are on when it comes to politics but if you feel like killing someone over it please quit watching political news.

I don't know.  Low self-esteem?  Feelings of inadequacy?  Someone picked on them when they were kids?  or maybe they're bored.  I think most of these threats come from some unemployed losers living in their parents' basement.  Not really serious.  Just like to hear themselves talk and have people see their venom spewed all over cyberspace.  Makes them feel important. 

Trouble is, no one knows if a particular threat is serious or  not.  That's why law enforcement has to take every threat seriously and hunt down the perpetrator. I hope this jerk gets a stiff sentence.  Maybe put him in a cell with a big burly guy named Bubba who would be pleased to have him as his "girlfriend."

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wonder what's his Freak Republic username?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The overwhelming number of violent incidents and near violence harassment,  have been Leftists.

And it is increasing, in keeping with Mad Max's admonitions.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Night Hides Not

Wonder what's his Freak Republic username?

BFAC?

Miss Marmelstein?

:rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.