Author Topic: ‘Never Trumpers’ unite to back Trump’s battle for Kavanaugh  (Read 28331 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is almost impossible to find the Unrated version of that movie, which is one of the most offensive/hilarious things I've ever watched.  The marionette sex scenes...have to be seen to be believed.

I am not that easily offended but that movie was a bridge too far for me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Oh for crap sake @Maj. Bill Martin  ... you're not even being serious. You're playing word games in an attempt to appear the peacemaker while laughing your ass off behind your keyboard.  You *know* you're posting psychobabble.  Shame on you.  22222frying pan

And they wonder how it is possible that people refuse to 'jump on their train'.

They do a better job of running off supporters than Trump's thumbs do.

All because they demand 100% fealty and devotion to their prince, and if you were not in lockstep with unwavering support and praise from the beginning - you will forever be held in suspicion.  What Hoffer perfectly described in the cult of mass movements.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She's as indoctrinated to her inflexible beliefs about anyone who doesn't agree with her as any Progressive at DU.  They are two sides of the same coin.

What you said made perfect sense and her response simply highlights perfectly one of the points you were trying to make.

Hey @txradioguy  I spent months, months defending that gal on this forum.  But one day I disagreed with her about something and all hell broke loose.  I still kinda admire how she clings to her Trump love despite all odds, but don't disagree with her.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Couldn't have said it any better.      :patriot:

Okay, I'm curious.

Exactly what do you believe you are accomplishing in repeatedly bashing NT'er's, and how do you think such bashing is perceived by most people observing those battles?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And they wonder how it is possible that people refuse to 'jump on their train'.

They do a better job of running off supporters than Trump's thumbs do.

All because they demand 100% fealty and devotion to their prince, and if you were not in lockstep with unwavering support and praise from the beginning - you will forever be held in suspicion.  What Hoffer perfectly described in the cult of mass movements.

<NOPE>

To grab a piss-poor excuse that Briefer Trump fans hurt your feelings...as the reason you won't support him, shows everybody here just who the hell you are. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:49:37 pm by Mod2 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

Dam it, @Emjay   You are good !!!
@Emjay

Emjay, sometimes someone on the board hits at a core...but not pretty...truth about us all. You couldn't be more right with your insight. Kudos for seeing to the heart of the problem, as always you see what is.

But...while we all have that urge to poke the bear...we need to restrain it when we can, or hell, just aim it at the real enemy across the aisle!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Emjay, sometimes someone on the board hits at a core...but not pretty...truth about us all. You couldn't be more right with your insight. Kudos for seeing to the heart of the problem, as always you see what is.

But...while we all have that urge to poke the bear...we need to restrain it when we can, or hell, just aim it at the real enemy across the aisle!

I know, @Mesaclone   What I find a little hard to understand is how when we have seen the utter depravity of the left, so well illustrated in the last few weeks on the Judge Kavanaugh affair, along with the hired goons running Senators out of restaurants and following them with taunts and shouts, how anyone cannot see that compared to those people, Trump is a good President and actually a good man.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I just find it very broad-brush painting there when you allow ... again, a scant few vitriolic "ever/always Trumpers" on this forum... to color your view of all of them.  That's not a fair assessment.  Like myself, they are against the Democrats radical leftists, so they will indeed support Trump's agenda of lower taxes, controlled immigration and border, more conservatives on the court and more jobs/less regulations.

Our culture stands as an indictment of the fact that the broad brush applies, for if it did not - the culture would reflect something completely different than what now exists.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

Okay, I'm curious.

Exactly what do you believe you are accomplishing in repeatedly bashing NT'er's, and how do you think such bashing is perceived by most people observing those battles?

#1.  I am accomplishing nothing, because the brain inside their thick skulls is the size of a bleeping walnut.   And it rattles loudly.

#2.  Don't give a rat's ass how I'm perceived.   Been around 20 years between TOS and various forums together with the core members here. That's 2 decades for those in Rio Linda. 

Anyone here that can't get behind Donald Trump is a waste of oxygen.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

It is a new argument the NT's are spinning and it is weak sauce. Apparently they are so weak and feeble that a bunch of faceless cranks on a political forum are influencing their thoughts. It's absurd.

Indeed it is.  :laugh:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You're a GD liar.

...or your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

We don't give a fig whether you support Donald Trump at this late date...or not. 

So I guess all those thinly veiled threats of 'holding us accountable' for any failure of Trump getting his agenda passed were all just bullshit right?  More 'rats asses' you pretend to not care about?

To grab a piss-poor excuse that Briefer Trump fans hurt your feelings...as the reason you won't support him, shows everybody here just who the hell you are.

It's a whole lot more than that - but you people demonstrate each and every day that you are as unhinged and as dangerous to liberty as the rabid Marxist Left is.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
#1.  I am accomplishing nothing, because the brain inside their thick skulls is the size of a bleeping walnut.   And it rattles loudly.

#2.  Don't give a rat's ass how I'm perceived.   Been around 20 years between TOS and various forums together with the core members here. That's 2 decades for those in Rio Linda. 

I love it when people quote Rush.  He has coined so many phrases that have entered our lexicon.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Back on my ignore list you go!  There is simply no way to reason with you!    :seeya:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

@XenaLee

Yup.  I remember the days when dislike of a politician/president wasn't heresy.
@CatherineofAragon
Au contraire....its never heresy, not to anyone I've read at this site anyway. It can of course be stupidity...or blind pride...or moral narcissism...but never heresy.

Remember, Catherine,  "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." You seem to "know" that Pro-trump people here consider you a heretic or a fool...but that just ain't so...we simply think you are deeply wrong in your assessment of the President and his value to the Conservative movement at this time.

Here's what I consider a truth. There are no more than a handful of ACTUAL NT's and AT's here...virtually all of us fall into the "Sometimes Trump" or "Mostly Trump" category. Those categories suggest solid critical thinking from both parties as its perfectly reasonable to view our President from EITHER of those perspectives. Its only the hardened "Always/Nevers" that have mush for brains...because they've either swallowed everything President Trump says whole OR they've entirely denied all of the positive policies, appointments and resistance to the Left that he has achieved.

Put simply, an Always/Never mindset is what makes the Left so dangerous to free thought and our Republic...its the hallmark of tyranny and intellectual vacuousness. Sometimes/Mostly, on the other hand, is the hallmark of reason.

So, while I think you are sometimes wrong about Trump, I believe that you are mostly a strong conservative and a rational thinker...and absolutely anything but a heretic.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:13:51 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It is a new argument the NT's are spinning and it is weak sauce. Apparently they are so weak and feeble that a bunch of faceless cranks on a political forum are influencing their thoughts. It's absurd.

Sure Frank -- except I've been one of the stronger Trump supporters here since before the election, and have gone toe to toe numerous times with @INVAR , etc..

Whether you think it is absurd, or a sign of mental weakness or whatever, the truth is that it is entirely possible for supporters of a candidate or issue to alienate people who would otherwise be on their side.  We've seen that in spades with what the left has done with Kavanaugh.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sure Frank -- except I've been one of the stronger Trump supporters here since before the election, and have gone toe to toe numerous times with @INVAR , etc..

Whether you think it is absurd, or a sign of mental weakness or whatever, the truth is that it is entirely possible for supporters of a candidate or issue to alienate people who would otherwise be on their side.  We've seen that in spades with what the left has done with Kavanaugh.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Doesn't matter until you have done your penitence and kissed their rings.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Maj. Bill Martin

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Absolutely nothing of the sort.  If you don't believe there are people who dislike/disliked Trump in large part because of how annoyingly intolerant some of his supporters were, you need to get out more.  I think that was particularly true for many of us who came over from TOS.

If you want to believe that I'm lying and just making stuff up....

I believe you're knowingly playing games @Maj. Bill Martin    Prove me wrong and answer the question I asked.  I'll repeat it for you:  Tell me, @Maj. Bill Martin -- what peace offering for defending Donald Trump, what mea culpa for winning the election, what act of self-flagellation for cheering the President's successes will satisfy the NT?

Be specific.

Offline DCPatriot

What a joke you are this afternoon, Major.

Imagine...if you will  (in my Rod Sterling voice) ....an NT Briefer...in the voting booth behind the curtain, not being able to pull the lever for Donald Trump today...because DCPatriot wouldn't stop ragging their asses. 

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.    :laugh:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Maj. Bill Martin

I'm afraid the peace talks are adjourned for now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hey @txradioguy  I spent months, months defending that gal on this forum.  But one day I disagreed with her about something and all hell broke loose.  I still kinda admire how she clings to her Trump love despite all odds, but don't disagree with her.

@Emjay you can agree with them 99 times out of 100 and that one time you don’t you’re an outcast.

Kinda sad really.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm afraid the peace talks are adjourned for now.

Sadly some people here view peace in the same way Liberals view bipartisanship.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It was nice when we all came together and united behind Kav...I guess those days are gone.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

@Maj. Bill Martin

Uh....asses is not spelled R-i-n-g-s.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DCPatriot

It was nice when we all came together and united behind Kav...I guess those days are gone.

Just the opposite, IMO.

There is a big, big country out there beyond TBR.

To point out acute insanity within our own house is actually healthy and necessary.