Author Topic: U.S. Navy Releases Images Of Chinese Warship's Dangerous Maneuvers Near Its Destroyer  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Navy Releases Images Of Chinese Warship's Dangerous Maneuvers Near Its Destroyer
The series of pictures gives a good sense of just how close the two ships came to hitting each other.
By Joseph TrevithickOctober 2, 2018

The U.S. Navy has released a series of images showing the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Decatur's close encounter in the South China Sea with the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy's Type 052C Luyang II-class destroyer Lanzhou. The images show just how dangerous the Chinese ship's maneuvering was and how close the two vessels were to a potentially serious accident.
Posted in The War Zone

US Destroyer Just Made A Near Pass On One Of Beijing's South China Sea OutpostsBy Tyler Rogoway Posted in The War Zone

gCaptain was first to obtain the images, which showed Lanzhou pulling close in front of Decatur and then the two ships maneuvering apart. The images are likely to be still captures taken from the video feed from the sensor turret on the American destroyer's MH-60R Sea Hawk helicopter or an Insitu drone launched from Decatur. In its official statement, the Navy said the Chinese ship, which it initially identified only as a "Luyang-class" vessel, came within 45 yards of the American destroyer, during the incident on Sept. 30, 2018.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/23986/u-s-navy-releases-images-of-chinese-warships-dangerous-maneuvers-near-its-destroyer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Chinese Navy is asking for hell if it thinks it can take on the power of the US Navy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
WW3 on the way :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw