Author Topic: Kerry Defends Ted Kennedy: ‘He Stood Up And Owned Moments Where He Knew He Stepped Over the Line’  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kerry Defends Ted Kennedy: ‘He Stood Up And Owned Moments Where He Knew He Stepped Over the Line’
Washington Free Beacon, Oct 2, 2018,  Cameron Cawthorne

[...]

Following an exchange about sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who has denied all claims, Tapper asked Kerry about Kennedy and Clinton.

"I've heard Ted Kennedy's name invoked in the last week or two and Bill Clinton's name invoked in the last week or two by  conservatives saying Democrats seeded the moral high ground on a lot of these sexual assault and sexual harassment issues by standing by people like Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy because of the good things in their view that they did," Tapper said.

Kerry pushed back by saying that "many of us were critical" of Clinton and then pivoted to talking about how he personally did not believe that Clinton's actions were impeachable. Clinton's sexual relationship in the 1990s with Monica Lewinsky, who was a young White House intern at the time, led to impeachment proceedings against the 42nd president when he was caught lying under oath.

Tapper followed up by asking him about Kennedy, prompting Kerry to say that people have also been critical of his actions, adding that Kennedy was critical of himself.

"He stood up and owned moments where he knew he'd stepped over the line, so I think that—and he wasn't about to be nominated to a lifetime position," Kerry said. "In fact, he said to the people of Massachusetts, if you think I shouldn't stay here, then, you know—he took those returns and then he was elected another six times."

More:  https://freebeacon.com/politics/kerry-defends-ted-kennedy-stood-owned-moments-knew-stepped-line/

Offline mountaineer

Sometimes you step over the line, sometimes you kill a young woman. It's all good in Demoland.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Kennedy owned up to it, eh?

'Waitress Sandwich' Would Be Costly Today

Kevin Rennie     |     Nov 16 2017

ve been wondering what the cost of a "waitress sandwich" is today. In 1985, there was no price for the powerful to pay for one.

One night three decades ago, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy. D-Mass., and his admiring protege Sen. Christopher J. Dodd, D-Conn., reportedly took their dates to a fancy Washington, D.C., restaurant, La Brasserie. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed.

When the meal was coming to an end, the two women accompanying the senators repaired to the ladies' room. A waitress, Carla Gaviglio, was summoned to the private dining room by two members of the world's most deliberative body.

In a lightning strike, Kennedy allegedly picked up Gaviglio and threw her on the table, knocking plates and other items to the floor. He reportedly lifted her up again and put her on top of Dodd, who was seated in a chair. Kennedy then engaged in an attack that continued until another employee entered the room and joined Gaviglio in screaming, causing others to enter the room.

Oh, those high-spirited U.S. senators. They had gone out on the town in our nation's capital and created a new dish, the waitress sandwich.  .  .  .

http://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-rennie-dodd-kennedy-waitress-sandwich-1119-20171115-column.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sometimes you step over the line, sometimes you kill a young woman. It's all good in Demoland.

And to have the know traitor John F'n Kerry defending you is enough to make even Ted roll over in his grave. 

On second thought, maybe not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

One night three decades ago, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy. D-Mass., and his admiring protege Sen. Christopher J. Dodd, D-Conn., reportedly took their dates to a fancy Washington, D.C., restaurant, La Brasserie. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed.

Who was the designated driver? If anyone needed a designated driver...

Silver Pines

Isn’t it about time for Kerry’s next filler injection?

Offline skeeter

What the hell does 'owned' mean?

We all know what it doesn't mean.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Kerry is the perfect person to call murder 'stepping over the line'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

@skeeter

Prove wrong, make a fool of, dominate...

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Prove wrong, make a fool of, dominate...

It sure as hell doesn't mean took responsibility and suffered the consequences.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"Owning it" would have meant spending a stint in prison for Manslaughter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

John Kerry  is playing a little bit of revisionism here

The Democrat party, the media, and feminist were not critical of Bill Clinton’s behavior. In fact, they went after those women who accused him with a vengeance
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:47:34 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

John Carrie is playing a little bit of revisionism here

The Democrat party, the media, and feminist were not critical of Bill Clinton’s behavior. In fact, they went after those women who accused him with a vengeance

Yeah!  He's lying through his teeth!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

It sure as hell doesn't mean took responsibility and suffered the consequences.

He's suffering them now........

On earth, there was no consequence to his sin.  He was honored and revered by the left his entire, rancid life.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The botox has affected Lurch's memory. Ted Kennedy, the "lion of the Senate" belonged in the drunk tank and the penitentiary.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The botox has affected Lurch's memory. Ted Kennedy, the "lion of the Senate" belonged in the drunk tank and the penitentiary.

Nope! He was a lying POS long before the Botox!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Multiple purple hearts for getting hit by a flying grain of rice ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Multiple purple hearts for getting hit by a flying grain of rice ...

That he put himself in for!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's a very strange world that Kerry lives in. 

Offline goatprairie

Bottom line: Kennedy killed a woman and then tried to cook up a convincing story to keep his career alive.
He should have apologized to the family, submitted himself to the authorities for possible criminal charges, and most importantly QUIT HIS JOB!!!
He should have been totally penitent. But we know the Kennedys are never sorry about anything they've done. It's all about the power, money, and glory.

Online andy58-in-nh

Ted Kennedy did not just step over the line.

He also drove over it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Hoodat

Mary Jo Kopechne was unavailable for comment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Without a doubt. But the botox and face-lifts-goodness!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kerry: Chappaquiddick is okay because Ted Kennedy 'owned up' to it
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 02:08:40 pm »
October 4, 2018
John Kerry: Chappaquiddick is okay because Ted Kennedy 'owned up' to it
By J. Marsolo

In 1969, John Kerry accused the U.S. military of terrorism and war crimes in Vietnam.  In 2003, Kerry described the U.S. military in Iraq as terrorists.

This week, Kerry appeared on CNN's The Lead with Jake Tapper to peddle his new book, Every Day Is Extra.  Kerry took time off from trying to undermine U.S. policy toward Iran and playing with his yacht to inform us that Teddy Kennedy, also known as Teddy the Swimmer,  "owned up" to Chappaquiddick:

He stood up and owned moments where he knew he'd stepped over the line, so I think that – and he wasn't about to be nominated to a lifetime position, in fact, he said to the people of Massachusetts, if you think I shouldn't stay here, then, you know – he took those returns and then he was elected another six times.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/john_kerry_chappaquiddick_is_okay_because_ted_kennedy_owned_up_to_it.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34