Author Topic: Greater than Lincoln or Washington? - Alan Keyes  (Read 378 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Greater than Lincoln or Washington? - Alan Keyes
« on: October 03, 2018, 03:51:25 am »
Greater than Lincoln or Washington?
By Alan Keyes
October 2, 2018

"The ball is going, going, going, high into the center field stands....and it is a home run!"
(Tom Manning, calling Game 3 (Yankees vs. Cubs) of the 1932 World Series)

Perhaps the most memorable boast in America's history wasn't a matter of words. The Cubs bench hooted laughter and derision as Babe Ruth defiantly pointed his finger to warn his opponents and dramatically predict to all the world what was to come. "On the next pitch, Ruth hit a home run to center field.... it was said to be one of the greatest home runs in history."

In the present state of world affairs, the speech President Trump gave at the UN General Assembly last week reminded me of Ruth's defiant, boastful gesture. Ruth was an icon of the American people in the days when being so meant that someone represented our nation's exceptional genius. Part of that genius includes a capacity for bold self-assurance, reminiscent of the biblical David, who faced scorn when he chose to face Goliath armed with a slingshot and five smooth stones. He too faced derision and laughter, and not just from Israel's enemies.

When he placed one of those stones right between Goliath's eyes, they stopped laughing. When he ran forward and chopped off Goliath's head, he brought the response recorded in the Psalm. It came from the only "crowd" that mattered:

Read more at: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/keyes/181002

Silver Pines

Re: Greater than Lincoln or Washington? - Alan Keyes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 01:52:12 pm »
This idiot must have absolutely zero idea of what George Washington went through to found this country.  A clue—-Manhattan penthouses, gold toilets, and private jets are not involved.  Neither are bone spurs to keep him off the battlefield.It disgusts me and it makes me sick.  He should put down the Trump rally fliers and pick up a history book.

Fool.