Author Topic: Trump says Kavanaugh 'had difficulty as a young man with drink' and he was surprised 'how vocal he w  (Read 3236 times)

Offline dfwgator

I want to acknowledge that I saw this.  The whole problem with this is Senate and POTUS allowed a media circus with public hearing.  The Democrats took full advantage.  Key is that he was a "young man".  If he had a problem with drinking in his professional life you would think it wouldn't have gone unnoticed.  So unfair, very unfair.

They tried to hammer W on his drinking too, back in 2000, remember that the DUI came up right before the election.

Offline dfwgator

In this case, it's one step forward and two steps back.

THIS is why having an adult with self-control in the Oval Office matters.

He's shooting ALL of us in the foot.   **nononono*

Still, he's better than anyone else we could've gotten, just have to take the bad with the good, and there has been more good than bad.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump says Kavanaugh 'had difficulty as a young man with drink' and he was surprised 'how vocal he was' about beer (as president says he has NEVER had alcohol and jokes: 'Can you imagine if I had?')

Quadruple Facepalm.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Democrats took full advantage.  Key is that he was a "young man".  If he had a problem with drinking in his professional life you would think it wouldn't have gone unnoticed.  So unfair, very unfair.

Agreed.  The beer culture was what it was in those days.   With a drinking age of 18,  keggers and mixers were commonly paid for out of student funds.  I met Ms. Jazz at one.     With a drinking age of 21,  the scene shifted to fraternities.  Me and my gang of idiots were into taking road trips, including to the breweries where we'd pay homage to the brewmaster (and get drunk with him).   We had school-sponsored organized "tang" teams where lines of brew inhalers would run a relay race for foam and glory.  Yes, you'd learn a trick for opening up and holding open your throat so the beer would scarf down.  Thinking about it,  it was a skill mastered by both sexes, albeit for different purposes.

Yes, ralph meant vomit and boofing meant flatulence.   I never heard of a Devil's Triangle drinking game.  We played Zoom Schwartz and Whales Tails.   The devil's triangle did, however lead many a man to ruin.  Thankfully,  I met my match six weeks into my freshman year,  and we've stuck it out for another 40 years or so. 

Most of us college dorks grew up and made something of themselves  like I did and Kavanaugh did.  We sip one each evening, and it's the good stuff. 

I'm fascinated by Trump's reaction to Kav's "embrace" of beer.   If I remember the story,  Trump had a brother who was ruined by alcohol (please correct me if I'm wrong),  and Trump early in life became a teetotaler.    His prep school was selected by his dad for the discipline it would impart in the young man,   and (it would appear) was a far cry from the world of the Catholic school mafia and the Adelphian Lodge.       

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:50:04 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Agreed.  The beer culture was what it was in those days.   With a drinking age of 18,  keggers and mixers were commonly paid for out of student funds.  I met Ms. Jazz at one.     With a drinking age of 21,  the scene shifted to fraternities.  Me and my gang of idiots were into taking road trips, including to the breweries where we'd pay homage to the brewmaster (and get drunk with him).   We had school-sponsored organized "tang" teams where lines of brew inhalers would run a relay race for foam and glory.  Yes, you'd learn a trick for opening up and holding open your throat so the beer would scarf down.  Thinking about it,  it was a skill mastered by both sexes, albeit for different purposes.

Yes, ralph meant vomit and boofing meant flatulence.   I never heard of a Devil's Triangle drinking game.  We played Zoom Schwartz and Whales Tails.   The devil's triangle did, however lead many a man to ruin.  Thankfully,  I met my match six weeks into my freshman year,  and we've stuck it out for another 40 years or so. 

Most of us college dorks grew up and made something of themselves  like I did and Kavanaugh did.  We sip one each evening, and it's the good stuff. 

I'm fascinated by Trump's reaction to Kav's "embrace" of beer.   If I remember the story,  Trump had a brother who was ruined by alcohol (please correct me if I'm wrong),  and Trump early in life became a teetotaler.    His prep school was selected by his dad for the discipline it would impart in the young man,   and (it would appear) was a far cry from the world of the Catholic school mafia and the Adelphian Lodge.       

Yep, I went to many keggers myself.  Not many would survive scrutiny of high school years.  It like what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas.   Same with high school.

And I don't put much faith in this media but if true Ms. Blasey Ford had her own wild life in high school.

Bombshell: Kavanaugh Accuser’s Salacious High School Yearbooks Scrubbed

Christine Blasey Ford’s yearbooks describe wild sex parties, blackouts, erotic male dancers

Paul Joseph Watson | Infowars.com -  September 20, 2018

https://www.infowars.com/bombshell-kavanaugh-accusers-salacious-high-school-yearbooks-scrubbed/

Hmm, Interesting.  If true someone should be getting these yearbooks.  She might be the one who blacked out and doesn’t have any idea what she did the night before.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump, whose brother was an alcoholic, said he's 'never had a beer in my life'. ‘It's one of my only good traits. I don't drink,' he said, adding: 'Can you image if I had what a mess I'd be? I'd be the world's worst. But I never drank.'

Some people get sedate and quiet.  Perhaps he should give it a try.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Some people get sedate and quiet.  Perhaps he should give it a try.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.   Not sure I trust a teetotaler, especially of the evangelistic variety (which Trump is not).   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

Still, he's better than anyone else we could've gotten, just have to take the bad with the good, and there has been more good than bad.

That's a matter of opinion.

Let's leave it at that, KAY??   happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bilo

I want to acknowledge that I saw this.  The whole problem with this is Senate and POTUS allowed a media circus with public hearing.  The Democrats took full advantage.  Key is that he was a "young man".  If he had a problem with drinking in his professional life you would think it wouldn't have gone unnoticed.  So unfair, very unfair.

You are so spot on!

We are talking about a high school kid and a young man in college. IOW, a guy between 16 & 22 years old. I don't believe he was an alcoholic or even close to it. If he drank some beers and got a little drunk I would say that's pretty normal. He sure didn't attack anyone. If he had the FBI would have found out in the previous 6 background checks, one of which was for the highest security clearance there is.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline cato potatoe

Beer drinking SCOTUS nominee: unacceptable.  Liquor guzzling, dope smoking, coke snorting, dog eating President: transformational.

Offline Absalom

Many need to reflect on the biography of Trump's parents.
* His Father Fred, established and developed the family
housing business; motor-mouth had trivial to do w/it.
* His Mother labeled him an incorrigible behavior problem
at 12 years of age; sending him to a military academy.
* Despite his assertions of genius; his daily ration of brainless
tweets and media retorts confirms his genius level as on
par w/a brick.

Offline montanajoe

I think Trump is leaking the FBI  found much more drinking than Kavanaugh admitted to in the hearing.

As someone who had a long misspent youth and spent more than my fair share of time in Frat houses and college bars I can relate. Knowing the culture back then I was somewhat surprised that he down played the drinking during the hearing.

Upon thinking about it I've concluded he may be down playing his partying past not to hide anything from the committee but to hide it from his kids.

I know personally I try at every opportunity to discourage my kids from doing what I did when I was young. I have been less than forth right when they ask me about the drinking, partying and rock and roll I did when I was a kid. I suspect most parents who lived in that era have done the same including Kavanaugh.

I know for me personally, it would be very difficult lose the trust of my kids and I'd be inclined to continue to down play my partying past and let the chips at the hearing fall where they may... :shrug:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I thought Kavanaugh was a bit over the top with his defensive comments on beer drinking.

I am also not surprised that Trump might make negative comments on drinking considering he is a teatotaler.  Having a brother that was an alcoholic does not mean you too would be destined to be a drinker, but Trump has been fearful what it would do to him.

The bottomline is that Kavanaugh has a lifelong history of being a top performer, 1st in just about everything his entire life.  If his drinking was an issue, his performance would have suffered along the way.  He is a champion, and should be recognized as such.

The Democommies are a disgrace, and I predict a tsunami in November of Republicans winning with great success.  The populism of Trump will continue to grow!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I am also not surprised that Trump might make negative comments on drinking considering he is a teatotaler.  Having a brother that was an alcoholic does not mean you too would be destined to be a drinker, but Trump has been fearful what it would do to him.

The man probably has almost every other vice and character flaw besides substance abuse.  He has no moral authority to Judge Kavanaugh one iota on this matter.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:20:51 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It is not a matter of moral authority, he is POTUS, and he does have the right to judge Kavanaugh any which way he choses.  Kavanaugh is his choice for the appointment.  If you get Trump, you know he shoots his mouth off with relish, but I beleive stays the course with Kavanaugh.

Plus, I think Trump wants to use this Democommie clown act to enrage the Republicans and Independents.  I for one am enraged with the corrupt nature of the Democommies.  Believe me, I will make sure that both me and my wife vote early in November.  I suspect many people will have the same mindset.

It will be a red tsumani, destroying everything blue in it's path.  Amen!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 05:03:25 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Hoodat

Beer drinking SCOTUS nominee: unacceptable.

Unless your name is Steven Breyer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Beer drinking SCOTUS nominee: unacceptable.  Liquor guzzling, dope smoking, coke snorting, dog eating President: transformational.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have a lot of problems with Trump, but honestly think he doesn't drink much anymore. I still have a problem with his claims of not drinking at all, but that is Trump. He probable doesn't realize he just threw his own man under the bus.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

You are so spot on!

We are talking about a high school kid and a young man in college. IOW, a guy between 16 & 22 years old. I don't believe he was an alcoholic or even close to it. If he drank some beers and got a little drunk I would say that's pretty normal. He sure didn't attack anyone. If he had the FBI would have found out in the previous 6 background checks, one of which was for the highest security clearance there is.

The travesty is that they never asked Ms. Blasey Ford any questions about who she was and what she did as a youth.  It is quite possible her yearbooks show promiscuity and drinking.  If they were there together and she hung out with this group of people she was a drinker too.  Classic, she says she has one beer.  Who remembers how many beers a person drinks?

The real problem here is that Kavanaugh drank.  He had friends that drank and there are plenty of people who will be probed on what kind of drinker he was.  I already saw two stories about people who have come forward to describe his drinking.  Trump probably already knows.  And the question is going to be did he perjure himself?  Did he avoid answering truthfully?  Did his anger over the question show deception?

Big mistakes.  As a judge he should know he needed to maintain credibility.  Even in the face of an obvious smear campaign.  Nobody would blame anyone for anger over this.  But the Democrats did cause doubt and because of his dishonesty at that moment we are having this investigation.  And he is going to be responsible for his own fate if it doesn't turn out good.

It was unfair for sure but he screwed up.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I have a lot of problems with Trump, but honestly think he doesn't drink much anymore. I still have a problem with his claims of not drinking at all, but that is Trump. He probable doesn't realize he just threw his own man under the bus.

Well we always knew he was a liar.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I thought Kavanaugh was a bit over the top with his defensive comments on beer drinking.

The bottomline is that Kavanaugh has a lifelong history of being a top performer, 1st in just about everything his entire life.  If his drinking was an issue, his performance would have suffered along the way.  He is a champion, and should be recognized as such.

The Democommies are a disgrace, and I predict a tsunami in November of Republicans winning with great success.  The populism of Trump will continue to grow!

He should have answered truthfully.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

And you know for a fact, that it's not a non-alcoholic sparking cider? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald