Author Topic: People Calling Ford ‘Brave’ And Kavanaugh ‘Unhinged’ Have No Idea What Courage Is  (Read 264 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

People Calling Ford ‘Brave’ And Kavanaugh ‘Unhinged’ Have No Idea What Courage Is
The Federalist, Sep 28, 2018, Bre Payton   

[...]

To Be Courageous, One Must Stand For The Truth

At nearly every turn of questioning, Ford was unsure about key facts regarding events that occurred as recently as a few weeks ago. When asked about whether she gave the only piece of evidence — notes from a couple’s therapy session in 2012 in which she described the incident she says involved Kavanaugh — to a reporter for The Washington Post as recently as September 16, she could not recall.

When asked about the polygraph test she took on August 7, less than two months ago, Ford said she could not recall important facts, like who paid for the test and what day it was administered. She testified that she met with Democratic Rep. Anna Eschoo and her staff on dates that conflict with the dates she listed in an earlier written statement. She has yet to definitively say what calendar year the alleged assault took place, although she has narrowed it to sometime in the summer of 1982 — she thinks, anyway. Her fear appeared rooted in more than just the intimidating circumstances she faced, but that knowledge that she was not confident in her narrative.

We are being told that Ford embodied courage and to say otherwise would probably make me a monster, but I will say it anyway. Courage is more than just taking a stand — it’s taking a stand for what’s right, while speaking the truth. It seemed Ford’s testimony was devoid of the latter. Don’t gaslight me into pretending that Ford’s squirrelly demeanor and weak command of the facts were some sort of heroic act that I, as a woman, must worship.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2018/09/28/calling-kavanaugh-unhinged-lauding-ford-brave-inverstion-reality/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What I'd like to see is Ford's deleted twitter/Facebook entries.    They may well show contemporaneous evidence of motive.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide