Author Topic: Top Dem[Nadler] compares Kavanaugh to disgraced Hollywood producer Weinstein  (Read 745 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Jerry Nadler (New York), on Wednesday compared the "pattern" of allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to those faced by disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.

"These allegations should be thoroughly investigated, and they have credibility," Nadler told Hill.TV's Krystal Ball and Buck Sexton. His comments follow a third woman coming forward to accuse Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

"The specific reason they have credibility is that they fit the pattern, and the pattern is that when you find someone like a Harvey Weinstein, or someone else who's very respected and powerful...and is suddenly accused of sexually exploiting women, first one person comes forward, and then another, and then the dam breaks, and you find a number of women coming forward," he continued.

"That seems to be what's happening with Judge Kavanaugh. He's a very powerful judge, who has been nominated to the highest court in the land. Women are going to be very reluctant to upset their own lives by making these accusations and revealing what happened to them," he said. "But once one comes forward, then a second, and now a third, that fits the pattern of truthful allegations against powerful men."

Nadler will likely chair the House Judiciary Committee if Democrats take back the majority in the House in November.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/408537-top-dem-compares-kavanaugh-to-disgraced-hollywood-producer-weinstein
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Except Kavanaugh was a high school/college student when these alleged sex assaults occurred. Unlike Weinstein he had zero power.
Strange, none of these accusers say they were raped themselves by Kavanaugh. They have provided no corroboration or, like Ford, lied about who was at their claimed sexual assault by Kavanaugh.
Everybody can believe a slug like Weinstein sexually assaulted women.  He fit the pattern...a liberal male with power.
If Kavanaugh had indeed been a serial, sexual predator, he would have continued the pattern after he became a lawyer, judge, and climbed the ladder.
NONE!!! of the women he hired as a lawyer or worked with as a judge have anything but great things to say about him. Serial sexual predators just don't stop what they do.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Except Kavanaugh was a high school/college student when these alleged sex assaults occurred. Unlike Weinstein he had zero power.
Strange, none of these accusers say they were raped themselves by Kavanaugh. They have provided no corroboration or, like Ford, lied about who was at their claimed sexual assault by Kavanaugh.
Everybody can believe a slug like Weinstein sexually assaulted women.  He fit the pattern...a liberal male with power.
If Kavanaugh had indeed been a serial, sexual predator, he would have continued the pattern after he became a lawyer, judge, and climbed the ladder.
NONE!!! of the women he hired as a lawyer or worked with as a judge have anything but great things to say about him. Serial sexual predators just don't stop what they do.

Of course.   Frat-boy type behavior by teenagers can't be compared with the serial sexual predations of adults like Weinstein, O'Reilly and Clinton who abuse their power and do so time after time.   None of the accusations against Kavanaugh relate to behavior beyond his freshman year in college,  and none involved allegations of intercourse or even oral sex.   

This is the worst sort of character assassination,  and I for one have been radicalized by it.    I never used to hate the Dems, and always tried to resist seeing my fellow Americans as the "enemy".    Those notions of comity are dead and gone,  as the Dems insist on destroying American notions of due process and fair play,  and tearing this country apart. 

The second civil war is on.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hey Nadler, here's your Hollywood comparison.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

This is the worst sort of character assassination, and I for one have been radicalized by it.  I never used to hate the Dems, and always tried to resist seeing my fellow Americans as the "enemy".  Those notions of comity are dead and gone, as the Dems insist on destroying American notions of due process and fair play, and tearing this country apart. 

Hear, hear.  Brett Kavanaugh was not my first or second choice, but he is a decent man with an impeccable track record of public service.  Democrats have gone feral ever since Trump was elected.  Our republic will not last if they keep acting this way.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Of course.   Frat-boy type behavior by teenagers can't be compared with the serial sexual predations of adults like Weinstein, O'Reilly and Clinton who abuse their power and do so time after time.   None of the accusations against Kavanaugh relate to behavior beyond his freshman year in college,  and none involved allegations of intercourse or even oral sex.   

This is the worst sort of character assassination,  and I for one have been radicalized by it.    I never used to hate the Dems, and always tried to resist seeing my fellow Americans as the "enemy".    Those notions of comity are dead and gone,  as the Dems insist on destroying American notions of due process and fair play,  and tearing this country apart. 

The second civil war is on.
I know exactly what you mean.

You have likely read a sufficient number of my posts here to know that I pride myself as a level-headed kind of guy.

But this vicious, vile character assassination of a good and decent man has me absolutely fuming, bullshit angry.  I'm also wondering if this country will ever be able to come together about anything ever again. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

You have likely read a sufficient number of my posts here to know that I pride myself as a level-headed kind of guy.

But this vicious, vile character assassination of a good and decent man has me absolutely fuming, bullshit angry.  I'm also wondering if this country will ever be able to come together about anything ever again.
If Kavanaugh had indeed committed all the crimes he's being accused of, doesn't a person believe it would have come out some time a lot earlier in his career?
Naturally, the lib media is running with this because they desperately want to believe it for ideological reasons. The fact that they actually quoted a classmate of Kavanaugh's who believes the accusers, DESPITE THE FACT HE WAS NOT AT THE PARTIES IN QUESTION!!!!,  should make everybody shake their heads in disgust.  The media had totally jumped the shark. :BangComp:
The timing alone should cause any sane person to question the allegations.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:09:24 pm by goatprairie »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@andy58-in-nh

Just letting you know that you aren't the only one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If Kavanaugh had indeed committed all the crimes he's being accused of, doesn't a person believe it would have come out some time a lot earlier in his career?
Naturally, the lib media is running with this because they desperately want to believe it for ideological reasons. The fact that they actually quoted a classmate of Kavanaugh's who believes the accusers, DESPITE THE FACT HE WAS NOT AT THE PARTIES IN QUESTION!!!!,  should make everybody shake their heads in disgust.  The media had totally jumped the shark. :BangComp:
The timing alone should cause any sane person to question the allegations.

:amen:   :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy wrote:
"But this vicious, vile character assassination of a good and decent man has me absolutely fuming, bullshit angry.  I'm also wondering if this country will ever be able to come together about anything ever again."

You're playin' us, Andy.
Because I reckon you KNOW the answer to your own question above.

There ain't gonna be another "coming together".
Them days is.... over.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Top Dem[Nadler] compares Kavanaugh to disgraced Hollywood producer Weinstein
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 01:05:19 am »
andy wrote:
"But this vicious, vile character assassination of a good and decent man has me absolutely fuming, bullshit angry.  I'm also wondering if this country will ever be able to come together about anything ever again."

You're playin' us, Andy.
Because I reckon you KNOW the answer to your own question above.

There ain't gonna be another "coming together".
Them days is.... over.

I know I really don't want anything to do anymore with anyone on the left.  I don't give a F who they are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Top Dem[Nadler] compares Kavanaugh to disgraced Hollywood producer Weinstein
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 01:11:14 am »
Hey Nadler, here's your Hollywood comparison.

He actually looks like a different man after stomach surgery.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 01:14:57 am »
I know I really don't want anything to do anymore with anyone on the left.  I don't give a F who they are.

I actually made and tried to put up a sign over my fireplace that reads "Democrats not Welcome Here."  My wife wouldn't allow it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 01:15:46 am »
He actually looks like a different man after stomach surgery.

Sorry, I didn't include a more up to date photo.