Author Topic: Don Lemon on harassment of Cruz, wife: 'That’s what he signed up for'  (Read 419 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don Lemon on harassment of Cruz, wife: 'That’s what he signed up for'
By Joe Concha - 09/26/18 08:10 AM EDT

CNN host Don Lemon said late Tuesday that while he didn't like the fact that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and his wife were harassed and driven out of a Washington, D.C. restaurant by protesters, it's what Cruz "signed up for" as a public official.

“I don’t like it, but it is one reason I’m not a public official, that I’m not running for office," Lemon said to Chris Cuomo as the latter was handing off his show.

"In a way, I think it goes with the territory. I don’t like that they were blocking his wife, but that’s what he signed up for. And as a strict constitutionalist, which Ted Cruz is, he knows it is protected under the First Amendment," he continued.

"I don’t like it. I don’t like it happening to his wife. That’s what he signed up for. That’s part of the deal,” Lemon concluded.

The perspective comes after protesters opposed to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh accosted Cruz and his wife Monday evening, chanting "We believe survivors" while demanding to know why he would vote for Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/408452-don-lemon-on-harassment-of-cruz-wife-thats-what-he-signed-up-for
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Don Lemon on harassment of Cruz, wife: 'That’s what he signed up for'
By Joe Concha - 09/26/18 08:10 AM EDT

CNN host Don Lemon said late Tuesday that while he didn't like the fact that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and his wife were harassed and driven out of a Washington, D.C. restaurant by protesters, it's what Cruz "signed up for" as a public official.

“I don’t like it, but it is one reason I’m not a public official, that I’m not running for office," Lemon said to Chris Cuomo as the latter was handing off his show.

"In a way, I think it goes with the territory. I don’t like that they were blocking his wife, but that’s what he signed up for. And as a strict constitutionalist, which Ted Cruz is, he knows it is protected under the First Amendment," he continued.

"I don’t like it. I don’t like it happening to his wife. That’s what he signed up for. That’s part of the deal,” Lemon concluded.

The perspective comes after protesters opposed to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh accosted Cruz and his wife Monday evening, chanting "We believe survivors" while demanding to know why he would vote for Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/408452-don-lemon-on-harassment-of-cruz-wife-thats-what-he-signed-up-for
Preventing someone from enjoying a meal with their family at a privately-owned restaurant is NOT protected by the First Amendment. But it is up to the restaurant owners to kick the bums out.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The son of a bitch is a well recognized polarizing individual of the left.

Wonder how he would he would he and his family harassed eating out?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The son of a bitch is a well recognized polarizing individual of the left.

Wonder how he would he would he and his family harassed eating out?

Others who agree with Lemonhead's point that Cruz is a "public figure" (apparently Heidi is also a "public figure") say they, themselves, should not be harassed because they are not public figures.  I'd remind Lemonhead he is, in fact, a "public figure" because more people listen to him than the Ted Cruz.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/26/don-lemon-harassment-ted-cruz-thats-signed/

by John Sexton

Don Lemon appeared as a guest on Chris Cuomo’s show last night to discuss Ted Cruz and his wife being heckled and driven out of a restaurant in Washington, DC. According to Lemon, he didn’t like what he saw, but felt it was just part of being a public figure.

SEE ALSO: How black “do you need to be” to qualify for minority business grants?

“It’s a tough one, Chris,” Lemon said when asked for his take. He continued, “As a person of color I know that especially during the civil rights movement, and now, sometimes the only agency you have is to protest and to get in someone’s face.”

That’s a bit of a stretch. It’s hard to tell from the video because it’s so dark, but it appears nearly everyone in that clip is white. So what is the comparison to the civil right’s movement exactly? If these same protesters were protesting a black authority figure, I suspect CNN would be suggesting they were white supremacists.

Lemon then tried to have it both ways saying, “I don’t like it, but it is one reason I’m not a public official. That I’m not running for office. In a way, I think it goes with the territory. I don’t like that they were blocking his wife, but that’s what he signed up for.”

Don Lemon is normalizing this behavior by suggesting Cruz “signed up” for it. Then he adds this dumb aside, “As a strict constitutionalist, which Ted Cruz is, he knows it is protected under the First Amendment. I don’t like it. I don’t like it happening to his wife. That’s what he signed up for, that’s part of the deal.”

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....