Author Topic: Senate Republicans Hire FEMALE Sex-Crimes Prosecutor to Question Christine Ford – Won’t Reveal Ident  (Read 476 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans hire female attorney to handle Kavanaugh, Ford questioning: report
By Emily Birnbaum - 09/25/18 12:57 PM EDT

Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans have hired a female attorney to question the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault during a highly-anticipated hearing on Thursday, according to the Associated Press.

Republicans have yet to release her name, but a GOP aide confirmed to the AP that they have hired a female attorney. The female attorney will also question Kavanaugh during the hearing.

All 11 Republicans on the Judiciary panel are men, and the GOP was keen to avoid having male Republican senators ask tough questions to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Kavanaugh of assault.

The only four women on the panel are all Democrats.

GOP leaders are likely seeking to avoid the memorable optics from the 1991 Anita Hill hearings, when Hill was grilled by an all-male panel about her allegations of sexual misconduct against then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408306-republicans-hire-female-attorney-to-handle-kavanaugh-ford-questioning-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Another way to report this same story would be "Democrats hope to ensure Ford is seen only being interviewed by crusty white males"

Offline goatprairie

Another way to report this same story would be "Democrats hope to ensure Ford is seen only being interviewed by crusty white males"
That was the whole point. The Dems simply wish to affix the taint of sexual impropriety to Kavanaugh and trumpet the case of a poor woman unfairly harassed by evil, old white males.
They want to put a perpetual cloud over Kavanaugh and Republicans. They are playing for the next appointment as much  as this one.
I doubt the Dems will ever nominate another white male to the court. It will either be a "minority" or a  feminazi like Sotomayor or Kagan.

Online rustynail

Isn't it presumptuous and bigoted for the 'committee' to assume Dr. Ford's current gender?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:46:34 pm by rustynail »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ford’s lawyer, Michael Bromwich, said: “This is not a criminal trial for which the involvement of an experienced sex crimes prosecutor would be appropriate,” according to CNN. “Neither Dr. Blasey Ford nor Judge Kavanaugh is on trial. The goal should be to develop the relevant facts, not try a case,” Bromwich said.

No trial is right! Just another attempted lynching!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Isn't it presumptuous and bigoted for the 'committee' to assume Dr. Ford's current gender?

Hey she can be anything she wants to be...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

Ford’s lawyer, Michael Bromwich, said: “This is not a criminal trial for which the involvement of an experienced sex crimes prosecutor would be appropriate,” according to CNN. “Neither Dr. Blasey Ford nor Judge Kavanaugh is on trial. The goal should be to develop the relevant facts, not try a case,” Bromwich said.

Well said.

A trial thats not a trial is a lynching.

Offline goatprairie

It might not be an official court trial, but it sure is a trial of conscience before the American public. 
If some people believe Kavanaugh is not being tried in the court of public opinion with his career and name on the line, they're severely deluded.
Dems know what they're doing....smearing another great conservative candidate ala Clarence Thomas.    Here's hoping Kavanaugh gets on and gives them nightmares like Thomas does.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans Hire FEMALE Sex-Crimes Prosecutor to Question Christine Ford – Won’t Reveal Identity
 by Cristina Laila September 25, 2018

Senate Republicans have hired outside counsel to question Christine Ford in Thursday’s hearing.

The attorney, a female, has not been identified due to safety concerns.

The Senate Judiciary Committee led by Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) agreed to use a prosecutor experienced in sex-crimes to serve as an investigative staff counsel for the hearing.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said it is not uncommon to have outside counsel to do questioning in this type of hearing, reported FOX News.

Politico reported:

Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told POLITICO on Tuesday as he entered the Capitol for a weekly GOP meeting that “we aren’t announcing the name for her safety.” Asked if Republicans have received any indication of threats to the attorney they’re preparing to use, Grassley said: “I don’t know, but I guess we’re just being cautious.”

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/senate-republicans-hire-female-attorney-to-question-christine-ford-wont-reveal-identity/
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It might not be an official court trial, but it sure is a trial of conscience before the American public. 
If some people believe Kavanaugh is not being tried in the court of public opinion with his career and name on the line, they're severely deluded.
Dems know what they're doing....smearing another great conservative candidate ala Clarence Thomas.    Here's hoping Kavanaugh gets on and gives them nightmares like Thomas does.

IF it were an actual trial there would be some rules that must be followed. What's going on here is nothing more than what Justice Thomas said it was YEARS ago. A high tech lynching!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien