Author Topic: Red-state Democrats haven't written off Kavanaugh  (Read 240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Red-state Democrats haven't written off Kavanaugh
« on: September 25, 2018, 01:44:35 pm »
Red-state Democrats haven't written off Kavanaugh
by Al Weaver
 & Laura Barrón-López
 | September 25, 2018 12:00 AM

Key Senate Democrats in Republican states are keeping an open mind about Judge Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination, even as others in their party say two accusations of sexual assault are enough to disqualify him.

Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Joe Donnelly of Indiana, and Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota are top targets for Republicans in 2018, and all three are in wait-and-see mode on Trump's nominee. Republicans have said Kavanaugh has been unfairly targeted by Democrats looking to scuttle Trump's pick at all costs, and so far, the three Democrats are still willing to give him a chance.

“I want everybody to be able to tell their side of the story if it’s validated and I want him to have a chance to clear his name," Manchin told reporters Monday. When pressed on where he's leaning, he said, "Period, period, period, period.”

Donnelly, who is in a tough re-election fight, said he still has an open mind.

"I just want to hear all the facts hear what everybody has to say," Donnelly told reporters on Monday. When asked if he is facing an increase in pressure to vote one way or another, he said he is not.

"No. I'll just do what's right, no matter what," said Donnelly, who is facing a challenge from Republican Mike Braun in November.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/red-state-democrats-havent-written-off-kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34