Author Topic: Kavanaugh’s fate rests with Sen. Collins  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kavanaugh’s fate rests with Sen. Collins
« on: September 25, 2018, 01:41:15 pm »
Kavanaugh’s fate rests with Sen. Collins
By Alexander Bolton - 09/25/18 06:00 AM EDT

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), a prominent moderate voice and one of the Senate’s most conscientious members, is poised to make or break Brett Kavanaugh’s chance at becoming a Supreme Court justice.

A big reason for that is several Senate colleagues are waiting to see what Collins will do before announcing their positions.

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) has asked centrist members of his caucus to keep their powder dry on Kavanaugh until they know where all Republicans stand.

And GOP senators will need to take a position if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) follows through with Monday’s promise to eventually hold an up-or-down vote on the floor.

Over her 22-year Senate career, Collins has built a reputation as a fair-minded, practical swing vote who is willing to stand up to Republican leadership and presidents from her own party.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408193-kavanaughs-fate-rests-with-sen-collins
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: Kavanaugh’s fate rests with Sen. Collins
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 03:15:51 pm »
If this is the case, then he's done.  This lady is a loony tune.....  I seriously think she has mental issues.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 03:17:27 pm »
One of those 2 female Senators I thought I read, had a bit of financial enticement to go against Kavanaugh. I thought it was Murkowski. I can't place the story now.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:19:04 pm »
I think Collins ends up voting yes.

Yesterday, she said that she didn't think Kavanaugh would overturn Roe v. Wade.  That doesn't sound like the statement of a pro-abortion concern troll preparing to justify a "no" vote.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:22:45 pm »
I said elsewhere that the Democrats tend to unite when they want something.  For example, I don't recall any dissention from Dem legislators when Obamacare was passed.  They wanted Obamacare and they made it happen. 

Why can't Republicans unite to get Judge Kavanaugh on SCOTUS?  Seems the party doesn't have anyone tough enough to use whatever persuasion is necessary to get everyone on board.  If they did, Collins, Murkowski and Flake would not be a problem.