Author Topic: GOP launches counteroffensive on Kavanaugh  (Read 588 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP launches counteroffensive on Kavanaugh
« on: September 25, 2018, 02:49:06 am »
GOP launches counteroffensive on Kavanaugh
By Jordan Fabian - 09/24/18 05:03 PM EDT

The White House and Senate Republicans launched an intense counterattack on behalf of Brett Kavanaugh on Monday, signaling they intend to go forward with a vote on his nomination to the Supreme Court despite new allegations of past sexual misconduct.

The aggressive response was led by Kavanaugh himself, who said he was the victim of a “character assassination” and “smears,” an argument echoed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“I will not be intimidated into withdrawing from this process,” Kavanaugh wrote in a letter to the top Republican and Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. “The coordinated effort to destroy my good name will not drive me out. The vile threats of violence against my family will not drive me out. The last-minute character assassination will not succeed.”

Shortly after Kavanaugh’s letter became public, McConnell delivered an unusually fiery speech on the Senate floor directed at his party’s base and the trio of undecided GOP senators who are likely to decide whether Kavanaugh is confirmed to the court.

“I want to make it perfectly clear: Judge Kavanaugh will be voted on here on the Senate floor,” said McConnell, who accused Democrats of having “aided and abetted” a “shameful, shameful smear campaign” against President Trump’s nominee.

Trump told reporters hours earlier that he stands behind Kavanaugh “all the way” and said the accusations against him are “totally political.”

“This could be one of the single most unfair, unjust things to happen to a candidate for anything,” he said at the United Nations.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408161-gop-mounts-counter-offensive-on-kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: GOP launches counteroffensive on Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 02:52:41 am »
Good.  It's about time and I hope the 'trio' gets on board.  (Highly unlikely, but I'm hoping).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 02:56:43 am »
I notice that support for the GOP increased when these lizards decided to fight back last week. I wonder if any of them took notice.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:58:16 am »
Good.  It's about time and I hope the 'trio' gets on board.  (Highly unlikely, but I'm hoping).

A really hilarious thing was posted on my Facebook page.  It seems that Chuck Schumer has sent out a call for any woman who has been molested to call him.

This woman called him and her call was posted.  She thanked him profusely for caring about women and went on to outline in great detail how Bill Clinton had molested her over the course of months when she was 20 years old.

Oddly enough she remembered every occasion and every detail.

She finished the call by thanking him again for his concern for woman.

It was great.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 10:06:15 am »
I liked Judge Kavanaugh's statement, but as for the others -- it's a lot of tough talk that so far hasn't been backed up with actions.  Let's see if the hearing and confirmation are postponed again.