Author Topic: Dr. Ford, I Don’t Believe You and I Am Livid  (Read 413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dr. Ford, I Don’t Believe You and I Am Livid
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:47:30 pm »

Dr. Ford, I Don’t Believe You and I Am Livid
Bruce Bialosky
9/23/2018 12:01:00 AM - Bruce Bialosky

While sitting in Yom Kippur services, I was focused on the essence of the holiday -- Jews atoning for their sins. The (10) Days of Awe conclude with Yom Kippur – a joyful beginning to the remainder of the year. Despite that, I, like many Americans, was seething about the charges lodged by Christine Blasey Ford against Brett Kavanaugh that became public a week prior to the Senate committee vote on his Supreme Court nomination.

I am a dedicated supporter of women. When I started my political involvement, I was mentored by a woman. Patty Cafferata, from Reno, Nevada, was the person with whom I cut my teeth in my post-college political career. Ms. Cafferata was a member of the State Assembly, Treasurer of the State of Nevada and a candidate for Governor. She is now a special assistant to Attorney General Adam Laxalt, who is running for Governor. In addition to Patty, more than 50 percent of my non-presidential donations have gone to women.

I am also a believer in women’s rights and find sexual assault not only demeaning to women, but likewise demeaning to the good men (the preponderance of American men) who would never do such a despicable act. I am proud to say I raised my son, now a grown man, to think and act the way I do toward women – only with respect.

I was so concerned about writing this column, I consulted a psychiatrist friend. My concern stems from the fact that in 10 years of writing weekly columns on Townhall.com plus an additional 25 years before that, I have never ever written a column expressing that “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore.” Because of the highly questionable charges by Dr. Ford and the political maneuvers by Ford’s attorneys and handlers, it is obvious that for political reasons they are willing to destroy a good man’s name. To quote Secretary Raymond Donovan after winning his court fight on false charges: “Where do I go to get back my reputation.”

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/brucebialosky/2018/09/23/dr-ford-i-dont-believe-you-and-i-am-livid-n2521206/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Slide Rule

Re: Dr. Ford, I Don’t Believe You and I Am Livid
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:37:08 pm »

Items not discussed so far.

The therapist should have advised and counseled the patient to report the crime
to the authorities. Not to the media.

Somebody was responsible for that child at that time. Whoever that was is likely
guilty of child neglect. Even if the alleged assault did not happen.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »
He needed to consult a shrink to write a column...?

I couldn’t get past the groveling justifications in order to click the link. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:39:34 pm »

That's a shame, because it is a good article. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 02:49:49 pm »
Confirming or not Kavanaugh was not really that important to me, until all of this stuff came up. Purportedly, he's more center than some of the named candidates. Now, it's a matter of importance that he is confirmed to the SCOTUS.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 03:05:12 pm »
That's a shame, because it is a good article. :shrug:

It was worth the read just for the "Spartacus Booker" he casually threw in there.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 03:11:08 pm »
Because of the highly questionable charges by Dr. Ford and the political maneuvers by Ford’s attorneys and handlers, it is obvious that for political reasons they are willing to destroy a good man’s name. To quote Secretary Raymond Donovan after winning his court fight on false charges: “Where do I go to get back my reputation.”
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »

:thumbsup:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com