Author Topic: Is This Ford an Edsel?  (Read 140 times)

rangerrebew

Is This Ford an Edsel?
« on: September 23, 2018, 01:27:36 pm »
September 23, 2018
Is This Ford an Edsel?
By Clarice Feldman

There were two compelling stories this week: The Kavanaugh confirmation to the Supreme Court and the dueling tales respecting Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. The latter was brilliantly handled by this site’s owner, Thomas Lifson, and I have little to add to his recitation of the events though I urge you to read it for a  concise analysis of what was reported this week.

The account in the New York Times. which first reported that Rosenstein had offered to wear a wire to record his conversations with the President and suggested the 25thAmendment might be pursued, strikes me at first glance as Andrew McCabe’s last-ditch attempt to fling poo on others when he seemed to be under threat of criminal prosecution. (It was troubling to me that, in violation of any good journalism practice, they ran it without contacting Rosenstein for his response.) In part I was reluctant to fully credit it because whatever you or I think of him, he always seemed too prudent to have spoken so intemperately to a group of what is now reported to have been seven or eight other people. A DoJ spokeswoman confirmed that he did make some remarks along that line, but in sarcastic response to aggressive anti-Trump comments by other participants in the discussion.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/09/is_this_ford_an_edsel.html#ixzz5RvnWQKL5