Author Topic: Ford friend says she doesn't recall party where alleged assault occurred  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ford friend says she doesn't recall party where alleged assault occurred
The Hill, Sep 22, 2018, Jordain Carney -  11:34 PM EDT

A longtime friend of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, says she does not know the Supreme Court nominee or remember attending a party with him.

Leland Keyser, who characterized herself as a friend of Ford's, said through a lawyer that she "does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

Keyser's statement—which was circulated by the White House and given to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Saturday night—comes as Republican Senate staffers have been working to identify and interview potential witnesses to the alleged incident.

[...]

Debra Katz, a lawyer for Ford, dismissed Keyser not remembering noting that Ford did not discuss the alleged incident publicly for years.

“It’s not surprising that Ms Keyser has no recollection of the evening as they did not discuss it. It’s also unremarkable that Ms. Keyser does not remember attending a specific gathering 30 years ago at which nothing of consequence happened to her," Katz added in a statement to NBC News.

But the White House immediately seized on the statement, adding Keyser was the latest individual who did not remember the party where Ford says the alleged sexual assault happened.  “One week ago, Dr. Christine Ford claimed she was assaulted at a house party attended by four others. Since then, all four of these individuals have provided statements to the Senate Judiciary Committee denying any knowledge of the incident or even having attended such a party," Kerri Kupec, a spokeswoman for the White House, said in a statement.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/407950-senate-ford-friend-says-she-doesnt-recall-party-where-alleged-assault

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:18:13 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ford friend says she doesn't recall party where alleged assault occurred
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 04:04:30 am »
“It’s not surprising that Ms Keyser has no recollection of the evening as they did not discuss it. It’s also unremarkable that Ms. Keyser does not remember attending a specific gathering 30 years ago at which nothing of consequence happened to her," Katz added in a statement to NBC News.

Worth repeating.

It's of no consequence that corroborating witnesses named by Ms. Ford corroborate nothing. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:22:05 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 04:05:47 am »
Debra Katz, a lawyer for Ford, dismissed Keyser not remembering noting that Ford did not discuss the alleged incident publicly for years.

The way I see this and if I am not missing anything, this is crazy.

I thought Keyser was at the party per Ford's version, so now Katz, Ford's lawyer say, "oh, she doesn't remember anything".... it's pretty weak.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 04:31:54 am »
A longtime friend of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, says she does not know the Supreme Court nominee or remember attending a party with him.

Game over for the accuser. The key takeaway is that the friend does not know Brett Kavanaugh.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 05:47:24 am »
Three words. It’s all a woman needs to destroy a man. Three words: He raped me. He groped me. He assaulted me.

But the Bible states some women will abuse this power. 3000 or so years ago, Potiphar’s wife falsely accused Joseph of attempted rape. Joseph resists. Her seduction turns into sexual harassment as “day after day” she forces herself on him. One day when the servants are out she catches him by his cloak and jumps on him. Joseph leaves his cloak and flees. Mrs. Potiphar goes out with his cloak as evidence and accuses him of attempted rape in front of the servants. When her husband returns she recounts her carefully rehearsed fiction and again accuses Joseph, flashing his garment as proof. Potiphar takes his wife at her word and throws Joseph into prison.

We must insist that three words are enough—provided the words are “Where’s the evidence?” The same three words I kept repeating during the Roy Moore fiasco. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:48:49 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:29:32 am »

Game over for the accuser. The key takeaway is that the friend does not know Brett Kavanaugh.
Perhaps this 2nd woman, has been sdvised of and considered theramifications, of perjury.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 09:32:56 am »
If anything lawyers are getting Paid.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 10:16:15 am »
Ford and her lawyers are taking so long because they have to get a witness lined up to confirm her story. Doesn't really matter if the witness is truthful... It was thirty some odd years ago, who's going to be able to prove the witness wrong? With no specific date or location pretty much anything goes...

The only things that will help here is catching Ford in a provable lie about other details and/or past behavior of similar claims against other people. If others recall her being a drunk/high on drugs party girl that could be pretty damning too of her "memory".

Offline JRags

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 10:36:41 am »
Worth repeating.

It's of no consequence that corroborating witnesses named by Ms. Ford corroborate nothing.

Using Ford's lawyers own words works against Ford. The lawyer claims that Keyser doesn't remember because nothing of consequence happened to her at the party. The implication is that she would remember if something happened. That works with Ford's bs claim also.

Offline JRags

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 10:50:58 am »
The letter Ford sent to Feinstein may have been a response to a request by the DNC for anyone with dirt on BK.

Also, seeing the way that many Democrats are jumping on board this obvious attempt to delay the process tells me what I already knew about them. To them, as always, the ends justify the means.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:10:46 am by JRags »

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 10:57:32 am »
We know for sure that Ford's parents lost a foreclosure lawsuit to BK's mom when she was a judge. That may help explain here phony claim.

I believe that's been debunked.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/brett-kavanaughs-mother-is-judge-who-dismissed-foreclosure-action-against-accuser-fords-parents.html

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 11:14:53 am »

Isn't this like 3 or 4 to zero the number of so called witnesses who could collaborate her claims?

Thursday might get pretty ugly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 03:36:58 pm »
Isn't this like 3 or 4 to zero the number of so called witnesses who could collaborate her claims?

Thursday might get pretty ugly.

I heard on Fox this morning that the friend BELIEVES the accuser anyway. As a woman, I am terribly embarrassed at all the women who BELIEVE this vague story without any proof and are willing to destroy a man, his family and his career over the absent-minded professor.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 03:44:38 pm »
I heard on Fox this morning that the friend BELIEVES the accuser anyway. As a woman, I am terribly embarrassed at all the women who BELIEVE this vague story without any proof and are willing to destroy a man, his family and his career over the absent-minded professor.

That is bad. At the same time,  they are "lifelong" friends.

A lot of the American public per polls I've seen, are down on Kavanaugh too which is horrible. I think it's like a story one doesn't really know, just throw out some harsh allegation and just from hearing it, a lot of the public sort of takes it that something is there.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/fox-news-poll-record-number-of-voters-oppose-kavanaugh-nomination/ar-AAAvFXP