Author Topic: Christine Blasey Ford finally agrees to testify about sexual assault allegation  (Read 2361 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: USA TODAY

URL: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/22/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-agrees-testify-senate-committee/1393891002/

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford agreed Saturday to testify before Congress next week about her allegations that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were teenagers.

"Dr. Ford accepts the committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week," Ford's attorney Debra Katz wrote to the committee leadership staff Saturday just before a 2:30 p.m. deadline.

The letter did not spell out precisely when or under what conditions Ford would testify. And it suggested that key sticking points remained unresolved.

"We are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details," Katz wrote. "Can we set up a time for later this afternoon to continue our negotiations?"

Aides to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

There will probably be others posting similar news in these threads, so the more the merrier

:beer:

Offline skeeter

Christine Blasey Ford finally agrees to testify about sexual assault allegation - again.

Offline SirLinksALot

DRUDGE HAS HIS SIREN LIGHT GOING....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
No details whatsoever other than she'll do it next week.

So we are still at square one.
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

“Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week,” the lawyers wrote to the committee. “Although many aspects of the proposal you provided via email, on (Friday) are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee’s promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations, and we are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process, we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lawyers-for-christine-blasey-ford-say-she-has-accepted-senate-judiciary-committees-request-to-testify-against-kavanaugh/2018/09/22/e8199c6a-be8f-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.577ef1c7c2c7

Offline Applewood

She was bullied?  By whom?

Sounds to me like Ms. Ford, her representatives and her fans are the bullies. 

Drama queen.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/game-changer-kavanaugh-accuser-linked-anita-hill-hit-job-clarence-thomas/

Game-Changer: Kavanaugh Accuser Linked to Anita Hill Hit Job on Clarence Thomas[

By Cillian Zeal
September 21, 2018 at 8:11am
Share Tweet Email Print

When NeverTrump pundit Erick Erickson suggested that the accusation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh by Christine Blasey Ford was the result of a PR job, there was both laughter and disdain from the left.

...snipped...

According to Politico, Christine Blasey Ford — the 51-year-old California psychologist who says the Supreme Court nominee sexually assaulted her while they were in high school in Maryland — is receiving advice from Democrat activist Ricki Seidman.

“Seidman, a senior principal at TSD Communications, in the past worked as an investigator for Sen. Ted Kennedy, and was involved with Anita Hill’s decision to testify against Supreme Court Nominee Clarence Thomas,” Politico reported.

Politico caught this of all things.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:11:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline corbe

Former federal prosecutor joins Kavanaugh accuser's legal team

By Tal Axelrod - 09/22/18 04:33 PM EDT

Former federal prosecutor and Justice Department Inspector General Michael Bromwich announced Saturday he was joining the legal team for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in the 1980s.

“I’m honored to be joining Debra Katz and Lisa Banks in representing Dr. Ford,” he tweeted Saturday afternoon.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/407934-former-doj-inspector-general-michael-bromwich-joins-kavanaugh-accusers-legal
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
WOW! Michael Bromwich, Andrew McCabe's attorney who just joined Blasey Ford, had to QUIT his law firm this morning to work for her, due to his partners' complaints!

They are going to war here ......and please tell me Blasey Ford is paying for Bromwich ....right? Right??!! Hello??!!

https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/2018/09/22/veteran-prosecutor-michael-bromwich-joins-kavanagh-accusers-legal-team/?slreturn=20180822165752
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Drama queen.

Don't forget the head bullies, Hirono and Gillebrand.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

The rats play dirty and couldn't care any less what WE think about it!  Republicans want to make sure that their invites to the next big Washington ball don't get "lost" in the mail!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

Drama queen.

@Applewood

You can’t give them an inch; when you do, this is what happens.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
No details whatsoever other than she'll do it next week.

So we are still at square one.

I don't believe the accuser will ever testify under oath. There'll be more conditions. More BS.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catherine wrote:
"You can’t give them an inch; when you do, this is what happens."

Absolutely right.

Please take 30 seconds and read this from another thread:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,333065.msg1800315.html#msg1800315

Again I ask:
Can't anybody here play this game?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I will be so glad when she is old news and Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I will be so glad when she is old news and Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court.

All we need is 11 votes in committee and 50 in the whole senate.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All we need is 11 votes in committee and 50 in the whole senate.

We don't even need the 11 committee votes..McConnell can bypass the committee and take it to the Senate floor..but I think he has to bring it up for discussion for a certain amount of time..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

If only John McCain was still here to guide us.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My guess about the details? Grassley knows exactly what he's giving up, and we're the ones he's not telling. 

What does that tell you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

If only John McCain was still here to guide us.

Oh puhleez!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
THURSDAY
The Canadian Press
Kavanaugh, Ford agree to testify on Thursday

THE LATEST: A tentative agreement has been reached for the Senate Judiciary Committee to hear testimony Thursday from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the woman accusing him of sexual assault from decades ago.

That's according to a person briefed on the matter who isn't authorized to discuss it by name.

The person says that lawyers for Christine Blasey Ford and bipartisan representatives of the committee came to the tentative agreement Saturday. Other terms of the public hearing will be negotiated Sunday.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/kavanaugh-ford-agree-to-testify-on-thursday/ar-AAAuLHZ

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:55:21 am by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

A tentative agreement from a mystery  person.

Even if legit,   not confident she will appear.

Silver Pines

Catherine wrote:
"You can’t give them an inch; when you do, this is what happens."

Absolutely right.

Please take 30 seconds and read this from another thread:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,333065.msg1800315.html#msg1800315

Again I ask:
Can't anybody here play this game?

@Fishrrman I'm on my laptop and shutting down for the night, but I promise you I'll read this and comment tomorrow.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Keith Appell
‏ @keithcrc
46m46 minutes ago

Lawyer for THIRD witness Ford places at scene says she doesn’t know Kav or remember party”

“Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”
#ConfirmKavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34