Author Topic: Delay Vote to Let Kavanaugh Accuser to Testify, Susan Collins Says  (Read 587 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Delay Vote to Let Kavanaugh Accuser to Testify, Susan Collins Says
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:24:16 pm »
The GOP is only as strong as its weakest member.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 09:29:26 pm »
The GOP is only as strong as its weakest member.   

Liberals own the context, as usual. Grassley already made the offer for her to testify. Monday.

She's the one ladling on conditions. The headline should read "Delay Vote to Let Kavanaugh Accuser testify under the ridiculously unfair conditions as her lawyer demands, Susan Collins Says

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 09:45:59 pm »
By Associated Press September 21, 2018

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine says she’s ‘‘appalled’’ by President Donald Trump’s tweet criticizing his Supreme Court nominee’s accuser.

Collins also said Friday in Portland that it’s reasonable for Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote to be delayed to allow Christine Blasey Ford to testify Wednesday or Thursday. She said it’s important for the Judiciary Committee to ‘‘make it as comfortable as possible.’’

Kavanaugh’s nomination has been thrown into doubt by Ford’s allegations that he sexually assaulted her when they were teens. He denies the allegations.

On Friday, Trump tweeted that if the incident was a ‘‘bad’’ as Ford says, then she or her parents should’ve contacted the police.

Collins, a swing vote on the nomination, said the California college professor needs to testify so senators can assess her credibility.

Trump should keep his mouth shut!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:35 pm »
The President can mend all fences @mystery-ak by sending AF One to pick up Ms. Ford.  She's now saying she's afraid to fly and may need to drive across country.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:10 pm »
I for one, don’t take any of these idiots serious anymore. Now that this fake accuser doesn’t want to travel via airplane, has been id’d as a VP of the abortion drug company, a flaming liberal, on and on, why believe anything she says. Or ms Collins for that matter.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 10:04:55 pm »
In other news .... (Heads up McCaskill! )

Jil Powers 🇺🇸 ✌🏼 🙏🏼 ‏ @jilpowers 4h4 hours ago

So just heard that 80,000 tickets were given out for the Trump rally tonight in Springfield, MO, but there are only 10,000 seats at JQH Arena. People have already lined up and the line is already all the way to National... 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:07:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 10:05:12 pm »
I for one, don’t take any of these idiots serious anymore. Now that this fake accuser doesn’t want to travel via airplane, has been id’d as a VP of the abortion drug company, a flaming liberal, on and on, why believe anything she says. Or ms Collins for that matter.

I wonder if anyone has checked Ms. Ford's frequent flier miles? She has no credibility- recovered memory during a couple's session in 2012- hires an attorney and takes a lie detector test because she never wants to come forward. No  recollection of date and location of supposed incident.  *****rollingeyes*****
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 01:25:29 am »
Tell Ms. Collins to take a hike.

I sense the Pubbies have enough votes to win, even if it's just 50+ Mike Pence.

I predict that Joe Machin of West Virginia and perhaps Heitkamp (sp?) of North Dakota will vote to confirm.

Can't anybody here play this game?