Author Topic: Grassley's Office: Christine Blasey Ford’s Demands in Exchange for Testimony are Non-Starters  (Read 873 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley's Office: Christine Blasey Ford’s Demands in Exchange for Testimony are Non-Starters
Katie Pavlich

|
 @KatiePavlich
|
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 10:00 AM

The woman accusing Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault during a high school party nearly 40 years ago, Christine Blasey Ford, has given the Senate Judiciary Committee a list of demands she says must be met before she's willing to testify about the incident under oath.

MORE: Ford attorneys did NOT draw hardly any red lines in the list of requests. Those were mostly asks and appear to be negotiable, sources say. The only red lines: Ensuring her safety and making sure she’s NOT in the same room as Kavanaugh. Both sides say it was productive call
    — Manu Raju (@mkraju) September 21, 2018

According to Chairman Chuck Grassley's staff, these demands are non-starters.

A senior Senate staffer tells me that both of these are non-starters.

1. Kavanaugh will testify after Ford so that he can respond to her accusations the staffer told me

2. They will not allow witnesses to dictate who does/doesn't get subpoenaed. https://t.co/cjxtOxhDlr
    — Yashar Ali ?? (@yashar) September 21, 2018

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/09/21/senate-judiciary-committee-christine-fords-demands-are-nonstarters-n2521199
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Seems like Grassley won't budge on this. Thankfully.

Offline endicom

Seems like Grassley won't budge on this. Thankfully.

The demands are ludicrous and that they are should be stated.

Nothing done will stop the onslaught of accusations so they may as well just confirm Kavanaugh and be done with it.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Just vote for chrit’s Sake.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The accuser is demanding that only the members of the committee (all men for the Republicans) question her, refusing to allow a woman attorney to do so. Tells me this is all political and the enemy is trying to make "optics" look bad.

Monday or nothing. If not, just vote.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The accuser is demanding that only the members of the committee (all men for the Republicans) question her, refusing to allow a woman attorney to do so. Tells me this is all political and the enemy is trying to make "optics" look bad.

Monday or nothing. If not, just vote.

goopo

Fine observation.   Yes, that not allowing any lawyers except who is on committee, it's all a big game to them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
More from the article:
"Committee staff has been in negotiations with Ford's attorney, Democrat operative Debra Katz, for days about receiving testimony. They've offered to fly staff to California for a private interview, in addition to offering a public or private hearing in front of the Committee on Capitol Hill. At this time all options have been refused, despite Katz saying in multiple media interviews this week her client was prepared to testify publicly and wanted to do "whatever it takes" to be heard. Further, in a Washington Post story nearly a week ago, Blasey Ford begged to "be heard." Chairman Chuck Grassley obliged by setting up a hearing for Monday. Blasey Ford is now refusing to show up.

Blasey Ford has been given a deadline of 10 a.m. et Friday to make a decision about whether she will testify Monday."

That 10am deadline has passed.

I'm pleased that Senator Grassley has not budged on this, but we're not "over the hump" yet.

We've got to "get through the rest of today" to see what the democrat-communists' next move is going to be.

IF Grassley holds firm, the "weekend meme" on the news shows is going to become this:
"Evil Republicans try to use protocol to prevent injured woman from telling her story."

That's ok with me, we just have to stand firm and ignore them.

But wait!
There's more!

IF there is to be some kind of hearing on Monday, I'm expecting a "surprise appearance" by Ford/Katz. Even if they haven't complied with the requirements that a prepared statement be pre-submitted, as is de riguer for such proceedings, or any other "pre-requirements". They're just going to be "standing at the door".

Mr. Grassley (as a matter of protocol) will probably attempt to DENY Ford admittance, again because she hasn't submitted a prepared statement.

Now watch for the demonstrators to start shoutin' from the spectator seats:
"You're trying to muzzle the woman!"
"You won't let her speak!"

How's that going to play with the weenie psuedo-Republicans like Collins, Flake, and Murkowski?

Frankly, if I was bein' paid to advise the democrat-communists, that's how I'd advise 'em.

As said in another thread...
"Can't anybody here play this game?"