Author Topic: House lawmakers unveil 'Tax Reform 2.0' ahead of midterms  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House lawmakers unveil 'Tax Reform 2.0' ahead of midterms
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:22:35 pm »
House lawmakers unveil 'Tax Reform 2.0' ahead of midterms
By Niv Elis - 09/10/18 05:31 PM EDT

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-Texas) on Monday unveiled a package of three bills touted as a sequel to the 2017 GOP tax law.

"Last year we said goodbye to America’s old, broken tax code," said Brady. "Under our new system, we’re seeing incredible job growth, bigger paychecks, and a tax code that works on behalf of families and American businesses. Now it’s the time to ensure we never let our tax code become so outdated again. We look forward to bringing these bills to the Committee soon.”

The bills would make permanent some temoprary aspects of the 2017 law, which were passed with expiration dates to accomodate budget rules that allowed the GOP to pass the law with no Democratic support. It would also include provisions aimed at boosting retirement savings and small business innovation.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/405964-house-lawmakers-unveil-tax-reform-20-ahead-of-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: House lawmakers unveil 'Tax Reform 2.0' ahead of midterms
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »
When you get around to some actual REFORM Mr. Brady call me!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:25:06 pm »
"Last year we said goodbye to America’s old, broken tax code," said Brady.

We did?  As far as I know, we still have the same tax code and the IRS. 

All the last so-called "tax reform" did was make a few tweaks that benefitted a few.  Most of us saw nothing.  Some ended up owing. 

And some of you wonder why I won't vote Republican anymore.  These guys are worse liars than the Democrats.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:26:09 pm by Applewood »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 02:30:08 pm »
We did?  As far as I know, we still have the same tax code and the IRS. 

All the last so-called "tax reform" did was make a few tweaks that benefitted a few.  Most of us saw nothing.  Some ended up owing. 

And some of you wonder why I won't vote Republican anymore.  These guys are worse liars than the Democrats.

Tinkering around the edges of the Marxist income tax system!  NOT reform by any stretch of the imagination!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien