Author Topic: Why is Convention of States promoting Trump instead of limited government?  (Read 697 times)

Online kevindavis007

Regular readers and radio listeners of the Strident Conservative know that my central mission is to be a leading voice in the call for a return to conservatism and the Constitution. Because I place these values above political parties, I’m an equal opportunity critic, willing to hold members of every political stripe accountable for failing to uphold them.

This obviously puts me at odds with the growing number of people who are willing to compromise their principles to advance their agenda. But even those who agree with me often feel helpless when it comes to fighting back against politicians drunk with power.

This feeling of helplessness is the result of watching the people and organizations we have supported and trusted to uphold our values and work on our behalf become capitulating cowards in the name of political expediency. We have witnessed this firsthand with groups like the House Freedom Caucus where conservatism has been hijacked by Trumpservatives and with the sellout to Trump and the GOP by so-called media voices like Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, and others.

Read More: https://www.stridentconservative.com/why-is-convention-of-states-promoting-trump-instead-of-limited-government/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Why is Convention of States promoting Trump instead of limited government?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:43:05 pm »
Because limited government, constitutional conservativism no longer exists. It is now all about centralized power populism and leader worship.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:44:02 pm »
Because limited government, constitutional conservativism no longer exists. It is now all about centralized power populism and leader worship.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »

A moot point to me as I'm against the COS.

Doesn't this article give support to the arguments against a COS? If Leach is right then look at how easily this train goes off the rails.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 08:56:00 pm »
I was against it from the beginning.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 08:57:35 pm »
I was against it from the beginning.

How about that!  We find ourselves on the same side of something finally.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 08:57:55 pm »

Doesn't this article give support to the arguments against a COS? If Leach is right then look at how easily this train goes off the rails.

I'm agreeing. We don't even follow the Constitution now, so more amendments won't help. And as you said, if it goes off the rails, it can backfire bigly. Especially in this era of social media populism where you can swing masses of opinions with one meme.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 09:02:52 pm »
As “The Strident Conservative,” David Leach has earned the reputation of being a leading voice in the call for a return to conservatism and the Constitution.

Well considering no one has ever heard of this creep, who gives a shit what he says about the price of broccoli more less Conservatism.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 10:53:30 pm »

Sadly, I'm afraid you are correct. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 11:02:15 pm »

:amen:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 01:49:48 am »

Amen.

DC, State and Local Govts stomp all over the Constitution and its Amendments as it is.

What gives anyone the idea they're going to pay any more heed to More Amendments than those they're already ignoring?

Gun Control? Excuse Me?

Open a COS and the Lord alone knows what these subversives on the left will drag in.

Govt must be downsized, period.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 01:54:02 am »
Amen.

DC, State and Local Govts stomp all over the Constitution and its Amendments as it is.

What gives anyone the idea they're going to pay any more heed to More Amendments than those they're already ignoring?

Gun Control? Excuse Me?

Open a COS and the Lord alone knows what these subversives on the left will drag in.

Govt must be downsized, period.

We don't need more amendments. In fact, we could do without several we already have IMHO. 

We just need to use the Constitution we have as the founders intended.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 02:10:18 am »
As “The Strident Conservative,” David Leach has earned the reputation of being a leading voice in the call for a return to conservatism and the Constitution.

Well considering no one has ever heard of this creep, who gives a shit what he says about the price of broccoli more less Conservatism.

I'd never heard of “The Strident Conservative", but I've certainly heard plenty about David Leach.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 02:12:38 am »
We don't need more amendments. In fact, we could do without several we already have IMHO. 

We just need to use the Constitution we have as the founders intended.

With this box of numbskulls?

Go on. Add a few more, and then a few more.

And the rest of us will end up with even a packed, originalist SCOTUS getting bogged down in arguing which Amendment takes precedence over the Bill of Rights.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 02:38:13 am »
   Future Historians will look back on this and say 'Immediately after obummer murdered the demonrat party, Trump decapitated the GOP', America Rejoiced, again.

Thanks for posting this @kevindavis
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:38:49 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.