Author Topic: Bolton threatens sanctions against International Criminal Court  (Read 404 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton threatens sanctions against International Criminal Court
« on: September 10, 2018, 05:22:07 pm »
Bolton threatens sanctions against International Criminal Court
By Jordan Fabian - 09/10/18 12:30 PM EDT

The Trump administration on Monday threatened to impose sanctions on International Criminal Court (ICC) personnel if it continues with an investigation into alleged U.S. war crimes in Afghanistan, a move that could raise questions about the future of the court.

National security adviser John Bolton, a longtime ICC critic, made the announcement in his first major speech since joining the Trump administration.

"The United States will use any means necessary to protect our citizens and those of our allies from unjust prosecution by this illegitimate court," Bolton told members of the conservative Federalist Society gathered at a Washington, D.C., hotel.

The top security official argued the court poses a threat to U.S. sovereignty, is ineffective in prosecuting war crimes and too often targets American allies, such as Israel.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405871-bolton-threatens-sanctions-against-international-criminal-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Bolton threatens sanctions against International Criminal Court
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 05:34:36 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court

ICC, International Criminal Court, in the Hague.... they judge war crimes and I'm sure other things.

Other articles today are saying we might put sanctions on individuals in the ICC.

War Crimes need to be paid for, it be from World War II, Rwanda and so on. It is a sensitive matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 05:41:59 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court

ICC, International Criminal Court, in the Hague.... they judge war crimes and I'm sure other things.

Other articles today are saying we might put sanctions on individuals in the ICC.

War Crimes need to be paid for, it be from World War II, Rwanda and so on. It is a sensitive matter.

You want the ICC usurping U.S. authority over U.S. soldiers and dragging them into this "court" for simply doing their job in places like Iraq and Afghanistan?

I mean having the power to come onto a military base in the U.S. and arrest a soldier and ship them off to this court in the Hague?

Because that's what would happen.  The Liberals would use the ICC's "authority" to cripple our military in ways they can only dream of now.

Bolton is right to do what he's doing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 06:00:06 pm »
You want the ICC usurping U.S. authority over U.S. soldiers and dragging them into this "court" for simply doing their job in places like Iraq and Afghanistan?

I mean having the power to come onto a military base in the U.S. and arrest a soldier and ship them off to this court in the Hague?

Because that's what would happen.  The Liberals would use the ICC's "authority" to cripple our military in ways they can only dream of now.

It's a discussion forum and I added the comment, your words are as real as if I accused you of wanting people to get away with genocide such as in Rwanda which would be balderdash, I said what the ICC does, period.  I won't spend time with an argument, if one believes the Nazis should not have paid any price for their war crimes.

Sorry, I will want any Heinrich Himmler and the rest prosecuted. It wouldn't surprise me as well, if we helped bring some of the war criminals out of the Former Yugoslavia to justice in the Hague as well.

I'm sorry if one believes war crimes should not be paid for and that the Nazis should have gotten away with their crimes. 

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:05:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 06:27:56 pm »
I'm sorry if one believes war crimes should not be paid for and that the Nazis should have gotten away with their crimes.

The issue of the ICC and U.S. troops...what Bolton is talking about has nothing to do with Nazi's or Yugoslavia and the genocide there.

The ICC wants jurisdiction over and above the DoD and the UCMJ that dictates the conduct...and punishment of soldiers who commit crimes.

IF we let the ICC have jurisdiction over U.S. soldiers and let them have the ability to drag our soldiers before their court in the Hague you'd see prison guards from GITMO being charged with "war crimes".

Units engaging ISIS in Afghanistan and Iraq...for simply doing their job could be charged with War Crimes.

The whole court is highly politicized and we are right for limiting our cooperation with them and not letting them have access to our soldiers.

Last year they were making waves about investigating alleged U.S. "war crimes" in Afghanistan...so they are already making noises about a witch hunt.

The U.S. military does a damn good job of prosecuting and jailing the bad apples that crop up in our ranks...we don't need some international body of Euroweenies usurping the command authority of the President and the uniformed leaders of the Armed Services for political purposes.

ETA: Under a new definition of "war crimes" passed by the ICC in January...the officers involved with the Bradley Manning and Bowe Berghdal trials could be found of guilty of "war crimes" for supposedly not being given a fair trial by the courts martial that tried them.

Yes the ICC definition of "war crimes" now allows the allegation to be made against members of the military wearing the same uniform.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:34:25 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 07:16:27 pm »

Absolutely agree @txradioguy   It would be a hellish nightmare.  America first.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 07:18:17 pm »
I thank G-d for the Nurenberg trials and anyone arguing people should get away with war crimes, holocaust deniers, aren't worth arguing with.  I'm sorry, I have no doubt some people are smart but they do not seem able to discuss situations with any kind of civility and seem to put words in others mouths, no thank you.

! No longer available

Idi Amin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 07:22:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 07:25:12 pm »
I thank G-d for the Nurenberg trials and anyone arguing people should get away with war crimes, holocaust deniers, aren't worth arguing with.  I'm sorry, I have no doubt some people are smart but they do not seem able to discuss situations with any kind of civility and seem to put words in others mouths, no thank you.

! No longer available

Idi Amin

Those have nothing to do with what Bolton is doing.  Either you know that and you're just deflecting for the hell of it...or you dont' realize what kind of insidious intentions the ICC has tried to impose on the U.S. military since Bill Clinton initially singed the agreement with them right before he left office...the same one that Bush 43 then unsigned in 2002.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 07:25:59 pm »
Absolutely agree @txradioguy   It would be a hellish nightmare.  America first.

We need to stay as far far away from this court as we can.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 08:01:32 pm »
Didn't the ICC threaten to bring charges against GWB and Cheney for war crimes?  I want no part of an international group having legal authority over our citizens.

And, the Nuremberg Trials happened without the ICC.