Author Topic: The Circus of Resistance  (Read 922 times)

Offline endicom

The Circus of Resistance
« on: September 10, 2018, 01:00:54 pm »
American Greatness
Victor Davis Hanson
Sept. 9, 2018

The resistance to Donald Trump was warring on all fronts last week.

Democratic senators vied with pop-up protestors in the U.S. Senate gallery to disrupt and, if possible, to derail the confirmation hearings of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. U.S. SenatorCory Booker (D-N.J.) played Spartacus, but could not even get the script right as he claimed to be bravely releasing classified information that was already declassified. I cannot remember another example of a senator who wanted to break the law but could not figure out how to do it.

Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), former Harvard Law Professor who still insists she is of Native American heritage, called for the president to be removed by invoking the 25th Amendment. Apparently fabricating an ethnic identity is sane, and getting out of the Iran deal or the Paris Climate Accord is insanity and grounds for removal.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/09/the-circus-of-resistance/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Circus of Resistance By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 01:58:47 pm »
The Circus of Resistance
By Victor Davis Hanson| September 9th, 2018

The resistance to Donald Trump was warring on all fronts last week.

Democratic senators vied with pop-up protestors in the U.S. Senate gallery to disrupt and, if possible, to derail the confirmation hearings of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. U.S. SenatorCory Booker (D-N.J.) played Spartacus, but could not even get the script right as he claimed to be bravely releasing classified information that was already declassified. I cannot remember another example of a senator who wanted to break the law but could not figure out how to do it.

Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), former Harvard Law Professor who still insists she is of Native American heritage, called for the president to be removed by invoking the 25th Amendment. Apparently fabricating an ethnic identity is sane, and getting out of the Iran deal or the Paris Climate Accord is insanity and grounds for removal.

Barack Obama decided that ex-presidents should attack current presidents, and thereby reminded the country why Trump was elected. The author of the Russian “reset”and the hot-mic collusionary offer criticized Trump for being soft on Putin. The president who never achieved annualized 3 percent GDP growth (and is the first president since 1933 who can claim this “distinction”) also claimed Trump’s roaring economy was due to Obama-era policies (e.g., raising taxes, Obamacare, more regulations, and “you didn’t build that” commentaries). Fresh from trashing his successor in a funeral speech, the ever audacious Obama called for more decorum.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/09/the-circus-of-resistance/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: The Circus of Resistance
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 02:14:30 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 02:22:08 am »
Trump’s One Principle
Certainly, there are principles behind such Trump moves, but they are not always those of the Washington establishment, whose agendas the writer reflects. Trump’s initiatives are often long overdue moves that would never have happened in either a “sober and judicious” Democratic or Republican administration, however much they might have been polled and discussed.

Trump has mostly one principle: he was elected to pursue a conservative populist agenda without too much worry what the Washington establishment said or did, whose record on the economic front since 2008 and in foreign policy was not especially stellar. In that sense, he is far more principled in carrying out his promises than many past presidents whose stump speeches on taxes, illegal immigration, trade, educational reform and a host of other issues were either never reified or flat out broken.

So far, for all the crudity and Twitter antics, we have not had a “read my lips” or “you can keep your doctor” moment in the sense of a deliberate effort to break a campaign promise.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:23:32 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:15:29 am »
And this is exactly why I love Trump and think he is one of the best Presidents we have had. Just look at the human debris, anti-Americans and all around shit smears that are against him.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 03:21:11 am »
And this is exactly why I love Trump and think he is one of the best Presidents we have had. Just look at the human debris, anti-Americans and all around shit smears that are against him.
They're against anyone with an R next to their name.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 03:24:07 am »
They're against anyone with an R next to their name.

So they are against you because you have an R next to your name Oosgirl? Out effing rageous!!!!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 03:26:51 am »
So they are against you because you have an R next to your name Oosgirl? Out effing rageous!!!!

Of course, but then, everyone is against me!   888what

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 03:32:32 am »
Of course, but then, everyone is against me!   888what

Well I didn't want to bring it up but I heard through my unnamed sources that some high ranking official here at TBR submitted a scathing Op/Ed to the NY Slimes savaging you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 03:41:12 am »
Well I didn't want to bring it up but I heard through my unnamed sources that some high ranking official here at TBR submitted a scathing Op/Ed to the NY Slimes savaging you.

That sounds like fun... Oh, you meant savaging with an 's'.  Whatever, it's probably true.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 03:50:16 am »
That sounds like fun... Oh, you meant savaging with an 's'.  Whatever, it's probably true.

You say that now, but I hear it may lead to your impeachment.....which is just a bunch of people putting you on ignore.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 03:53:32 am »
You say that now, but I hear it may lead to your impeachment.....which is just a bunch of people putting you on ignore.

You had me at "ravage",  I mean "savage'.  Whatever.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 04:04:06 am »
You had me at "ravage",  I mean "savage'.  Whatever.

You have to pay extra for the R. The S is free.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 04:07:29 am »
You have to pay extra for the R. The S is free.

Can I pay with Venezuelan bolivars?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 04:13:05 am »
Can I pay with Venezuelan bolivars?

Absolutely. The S costs about $38 American so you will need about 4298 pounds of bolivars.