Author Topic: Sasse won't rule out 2020 presidential run  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sasse won't rule out 2020 presidential run
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:24:39 am »
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/09/09/sotu-sasse-2020.cnn

Republican Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska tells CNN's Jake Tapper that we spend too much time campaigning and not enough time governing, though he doesn't rule out a presidential run of his own in 2020.

video at link.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Sasse won't rule out 2020 presidential run
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:25:33 am »
GOOD. He'd have my vote by a country mile.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:19 am »
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/09/09/sotu-sasse-2020.cnn

Republican Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska tells CNN's Jake Tapper that we spend too much time campaigning and not enough time governing, though he doesn't rule out a presidential run of his own in 2020.

video at link.

Oh, cute.  Did he say what party he would be running in?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:22 am »
This headline is complete BS.  CNN = Fake News
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:40 am »
https://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluations/150182/ben-sasse#.W5XWg2fn-h0

Ratings and endorsements

Never had a job Frank?  I would say his resume is quite impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Sasse
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:47:40 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 03:14:01 am »
Oh, cute.  Did he say what party he would be running in?
-------------------------------------
What party will he be running in?????
Er....................
What country will he be running in?????

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 03:17:26 am »

Ratings and endorsements

That garbage resume may turn you on but all I see are worthless govt' jobs and a professional student. Obama did more real things than that loud mouth jackass.

This blowhard eff up thinks he is running for President? Let's see if he can even get reelected to Senator in his state. Last I checked he was under water in the polling.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 03:23:03 am »
That garbage resume may turn you on but all I see are worthless govt' jobs and a professional student. Obama did more real things than that loud mouth jackass.

This blowhard eff up thinks he is running for President? Let's see if he can even get reelected to Senator in his state. Last I checked he was under water in the polling.

I agree, Frank.  I fell for the guy's little speech at the Kavanaugh hearings until I realized it was a self-aggrandizing ploy for himself instead of a statement of support for Kavanaugh.

I was actually a big fan of Sasse ... for one day.  And then I realized what he is all about, which is Sasse.  All that agony about waking up every morning dreading his job.

He's the opposite of Ted Cruz.  Ted didn't support Trump but he didn't diss him either and after Trump was elected, Ted has supported him.

This Sasse dude cannot bring himself to do that little thing.  He's no asset to the President or the Senate.  I hope he loses his seat.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 03:27:14 am »
This headline is complete BS.  CNN = Fake News

As Tapper said "The odds I will run for President in 2020 are zero percent."  The headline is valid.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 03:32:08 am »

I bet Sasse is killing it in donations next FEC filing.  At least I hope so.   It's hard to admit I still have hope for this country @Frank Cannon and you will point your finger and laugh, but I couldn't be more honest that I would like to have a reason to vote again.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 03:37:12 am »
I bet Sasse is killing it in donations next FEC filing.  At least I hope so.   It's hard to admit I still have hope for this country @Frank Cannon and you will point your finger and laugh, but I couldn't be more honest that I would like to have a reason to vote again.

Gosh. That's touching. I will feel terrible then when Sasse gets encouraged to run for Pres by you folks and then gets his ass handed to him by Donny. It will really crush your spirit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 03:49:36 am »

No, the only thing Obama did was smoke pot and pretend to organize communities.

Ben Sasse has a very impressive work history for a young man.  I am not going to list any because I posted the links and everyone can read it for themselves.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 03:52:00 am »
I am not going to list any because I posted the links and everyone can read it for themselves.

Yeah. I hope they do read them. Everyone needs a good laugh now and again.

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 04:25:01 am »

Ratings and endorsements

@Chosen Daughter
I appreciate you putting information at my finger tips to back up your opinion.  That is professional and respectful.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 04:26:40 am »
Yeah. I hope they do read them. Everyone needs a good laugh now and again.

Like you right Frank?  Faking a laugh while you stain your underwear in fear that someone more qualified is going to run.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 04:47:51 am »
Like you right Frank?  Faking a laugh while you stain your underwear in fear that someone more qualified is going to run.

Ooooh, bad move @Chosen Daughter   Not only did you post a nasty post but you did it to @Frank Cannon .

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 04:53:57 am »

First off I don't wear underwear because it wastes time when I get down to business, but I do stain my pants when I look at the limp dicked garbage you guys keep floating as Donny Killers and piss myself laughing.

Wanna know how sure I am about them being garbage? Look at Teds failure of a run for President. No one wants to hear from do nothing losers.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 04:56:07 am »
First off I don't wear underwear because it wastes time when I get down to business, but I do stain my pants when I look at the limp dicked garbage you guys keep floating as Donny Killers and piss myself laughing.

Wanna know how sure I am about them being garbage? Look at Teds failure of a run for President. No one wants to hear from do nothing losers.

whoa, way too much information.  Get a nurse!  And you made my point about Trump supporters in Texas.  Thank you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 04:59:15 am »
whoa, way too much information.  Get a nurse!  And you made my point about Trump supporters in Texas.  Thank you.

Congrats!  You've proven yourself even nastier than Frank.  There should be some kind of medal.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 05:01:25 am »
Congrats!  You've proven yourself even nastier than Frank.  There should be some kind of medal.

What are you talking about?  Go have some ice cream or something.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 01:26:53 pm »
As Tapper said "The odds I will run for President in 2020 are zero percent."  The headline is valid.

Oh please.  So if CNN asks Trump if he plans to resign over the Mueller investigation, and Trump responds that there is a better chance of him running for Smithtown dog catcher than him resigning, you feel that CNN would be justified in running a story saying, "Trump refuses to rule out stepping down over Russia probe.

Screw that.  CNN is the enemy here - Not Sasse.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 02:07:26 pm »
Gosh. That's touching. I will feel terrible then when Sasse gets encouraged to run for Pres by you folks and then gets his ass handed to him by Donny. It will really crush your spirit.

Anyone with a functioning brain would conclude from the interview that Sasse is not running for President.  Yet you willfully took the CNN bait that was set out to cause division on our side.

Sasse is a good man.  We are blessed to have such a Conservative gem in a Senate full of self-serving swamp critters who would sell out both you and Trump at the drop of a hat.

Sasse is not one of those.  He is a man who can be counted on to uphold Conservative ideals in the face of overwhelming adversity.  And it pains me to no end to hear people on this forum masquerading as 'conservatives while trashing a true Conservative like Sasse.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 03:52:10 pm »
What are you talking about?  Go have some ice cream or something.

I'm talking about the fact that you posted an ugly post to Frank discussing the possible state of his underwear and then you did it again.

It's one thing for Frank to post stuff like that because that's who he is and he doesn't deny it.

You, on the other hand, pretend to be this Church Lady.

I'm not exactly a Church Lady but I would never post anything like that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 03:56:00 pm »
Anyone with a functioning brain would conclude from the interview that Sasse is not running for President.  Yet you willfully took the CNN bait that was set out to cause division on our side.

Sasse is a good man.  We are blessed to have such a Conservative gem in a Senate full of self-serving swamp critters who would sell out both you and Trump at the drop of a hat.

Sasse is not one of those.  He is a man who can be counted on to uphold Conservative ideals in the face of overwhelming adversity.  And it pains me to no end to hear people on this forum masquerading as 'conservatives while trashing a true Conservative like Sasse.

I disagree.  Sasse has good principles but he is selfish and self-centered.  I fell for him also during the hearings, but looking back I recognize his little speech as being all about him.

He might make a good prince but his kind of ethics are not workable in a democracy.

Ted Cruz is equally conservative and at least as knowledgeable and yet, even though Ted was personally abused by Trump, he is able to rise above it and do what is best for the country.

We could never count on Ben Sasse to do that as he proves daily.  He is nothing but a liability now.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 04:15:00 pm »

I'd love to see someone like Sasse take on Trump for the GOP nomination, or even run third party if that fails.   Conservatives have made a devil's bargain with Trump.   Until the books are closed on the 2018 election,  folks will continue to have their heads in the sand.   But Trump and the Dems are united in demanding that this fall's election, in the wake of unprecedented prosperity and good news,  be instead a referendum on the style and personality of a jackass.   Dollars to donuts if the Dems sweep to victory this fall,  you'll see Trump change his tune and start agreeing with Dems on far more than the primacy of his ego.   
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:15:31 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide