Author Topic: China's Xi offers $60bn in financial support to Africa Xi Jinping pledges $60bn in financial aid to  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The problem is that the countries are impossible for outsiders to control. If they use local forces to crack down, they will find out the corrupt leaders are an endless cash furnace. If they use their own forces, it starts a race war.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Absalom

Of the 5 populated Continents, Europe emerged first, cultivating
North America and to a lesser extent South America.
Other than India, because of Britain, Asia ranks 4th in development.
Bringing up the rear is Africa which remains mired in tribalism.
The Chinese are kidding themselves w/this venture.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Of the 5 populated Continents, Europe emerged first, cultivating
North America and to a lesser extent South America.
Other than India, because of Britain, Asia ranks 4th in development.
Bringing up the rear is Africa which remains mired in tribalism.
The Chinese are kidding themselves w/this venture.

They're after raw materials, mineral mines etc. Perhaps even undiscovered gold and diamonds, along with military/political Satrapies.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Suppressed

They're after raw materials, mineral mines etc. Perhaps even undiscovered gold and diamonds, along with military/political Satrapies.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

The Chinese will never give something for nothing. That’s a concept unique to the West.

BINGO.

It's for resources.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How much of that 60 billion they gave was generated from stolen intellectual property from the U.S. and counterfeited items?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

The whole pile of loot will end up in some corrupt government official's pocket, like all the gazillions of U.S. taxdollars that have been thrown at that continent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod2

Merged multiple threads.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Africa has some precious metals.  If they are where the Chinese are building, I do not know.

There are some horrible terrorists in Africa, if they have to police them, I guess, that means us and others are not having to do it.

@TomSea

Yeah,but they will each only mess with the Chinese one time. After that they will be used as fertilizer. No matter how "bad" you might think you are,you,your 13 cousins,and your 40 year old AK's aren't going to impress a gazillion Chinese Red Army members.

It won't take long for the word to get around that there is a new sheriff in town,and the natives will no longer be restless.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pictures from this announcement shows Xi with 40 African leaders, that would seem to suggest this will be for all over Africa.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-china-giving-africa-60-billion-no-political-strings-attached-investment-1104360

I watched some show, what if the Chinese, despite being human rights violators per nearly all sources, helped people out of povetry in Africa? An interesting trade-off.

Yeah,and what if I flapped my arms and flew to Venus?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
China knows corruption.

Again, these figures and maps are just useful for ballpark estimates. Still useful.

Not as bad as some countries but still a big problem.

That's the problem with sending foreign aid anywhere. Where does it go? We try to have safeguards.  This will be a massive undertaking.

Offline TomSea

Yeah,and what if I flapped my arms and flew to Venus?

I don't know what their plan is, but it has happened many times where more developed countries open up plants, Coca Cola, Sony or whatever in poorer countries and they do help raise their standard of living.

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know what their plan is, but it has happened many times where more developed countries open up plants, Coca Cola, Sony or whatever in poorer countries and they do help raise their standard of living.

@sneakypete

@TomSea

Correct me if I am wrong,but this hasn't happened with the Chinese in the last few thousand years.

But you could be right. It MIGHT just happen this time that the Chinese,maybe the most racist people on the face of the Earth,will treat the natives as equals?

Offline TomSea

@TomSea

Correct me if I am wrong,but this hasn't happened with the Chinese in the last few thousand years.

But you could be right. It MIGHT just happen this time that the Chinese,maybe the most racist people on the face of the Earth,will treat the natives as equals?

They obviously have a plan but it will have great challenges and their government is doing this and one of the articles posted here, was that a lot of their citizens were critical, saying the money could be used in China.

They have a few projects, another is a new "Silk Road", something about building a highway from China to Europe or something like that.

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
-
They have a few projects, another is a new "Silk Road", something about building a highway from China to Europe or something like that.

@sneakypete

@TomSea

YIKES! "Project" ain't a big enough word for that,and I can't think of one that is. Not when talking "modern Silk Road".

Then again,nobody that knows anything about them has ever accused them of being lacking in patience. That is their major strength,and the lack of it our major weakness.

Offline TomSea

@sneakypete

Don't get me wrong, this could be a white elephant in the long run.

Or it could succeed in parts, it's some sort of grand plan.

Places that have Islamic terrorists, maybe they aren't going into those areas.

We will see. Maybe I can find more reading on it.

Offline Absalom

-------------------------------
Fair enough.
But a reflection from Man's most profound teacher, History.
Two Empires wrote the Rule Book about sustainable
conquest; Imperial Rome and Great Britain.
For both, the question had to be asked/answered before
conquest was attempted; namely how does a conqueror
impose its will on a conquered people, allowing it to exploit
their land/resources?
For Rome it was largely the Sword while for Britain it was
transferred Values.
Doubt the Chinese ever heard the question much less tried
to answer it. As such, their African venture is a Fools Errand!
A lesson from History:
In the 15th century the Spanish Hapsburg's went across the Oceans,
establishing a realm that stretched from California, Colorado and Utah,
down thru Mexico, into Colombia, Venezuela and terminated at the tip
of Argentina and Chile.
They loaded hundreds of ships w/ Gold, Silver, Emeralds and Rubies,
hauling it back to Spain and within 250 years their Empire had ceased
to exist while their New World legacy had evaporated.
Memo to the Chinese, a very arrogant culture:
"Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it."

• Wulf Anson Author
-------------------------------
Fair enough.
But a reflection from Man's most profound teacher, History.
Two Empires wrote the Rule Book about sustainable
conquest; Imperial Rome and Great Britain.
For both, the question had to be asked/answered before
conquest was attempted; namely how does a conqueror
impose its will on a conquered people, allowing it to exploit
their land/resources?
For Rome it was largely the Sword while for Britain it was
transferred Values.
Doubt the Chinese ever heard the question much less tried
to answer it. As such, their African venture is a Fools Errand!
A lesson from History:
In the 15th century the Spanish Hapsburg's went across the Oceans,
establishing a realm that stretched from California, Colorado and Utah,
down thru Mexico, into Colombia, Venezuela and terminated at the tip
of Argentina and Chile.
They loaded hundreds of ships w/ Gold, Silver, Emeralds and Rubies,
hauling it back to Spain and within 250 years their Empire had ceased
to exist while their New World legacy had evaporated.
Memo to the Chinese, a very arrogant culture:
"Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it."

Yup.

Now since We are not going to send in Our Military to keep them out of Africa, the tariff war becomes ever increasingly a great alternative.

ChiCom Party is already getting grief at home from the peasants about this, so they don't have money to burn.

We stop sending them Our money and they come under ever increasing domestic/economic pressure at home.

The idea being we Break them before the can bumble around long enough in Africa to make their Silk Road Debt Trap Diplomacy there pay off, and they pack up and pull out.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
China has already flipped us off over the sanctions we put on Iran.

They're in bed together.

An awful lot of Africa has never been developed.

I don't want these bloodsuckers in there coming up with new sources of uranium.

They won't hit us with ICBMs. Not in their financial interests.

They also won't be able to control Iran, or stop them from supplying small tactical backpack nukes to Jihadis.

The Mullahs would probably be happier than pigs in s##t if someone set off a backpack nuke in Times Square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Don't get me wrong, this could be a white elephant in the long run.

Or it could succeed in parts, it's some sort of grand plan.

Places that have Islamic terrorists, maybe they aren't going into those areas.

We will see. Maybe I can find more reading on it.

@TomSea

China also has homegrown Islamic terrorists. I have only read snatches about them,not complete details,but the Chinese being the Chinese,a quick trial,a 9mm round in the back of the head,and a bill to the family of the fresh meat to pay for the bullet means there is not much for the press to write about.  Since they don't have and never will have a free press,any newsies there are vewwy,vewwy,quiet because they don't want a 9mm in the back of their heads.

• Wulf Anson Author
BINGO.

It's for resources.

@Suppressed

Uganda's national oil firm, China's CNOOC sign exploration deal
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uganda-china-oil/ugandas-national-oil-firm-chinas-cnooc-sign-exploration-deal-idUSKCN1LM1AU

KAMPALA (Reuters) - Uganda said on Thursday its national oil firm and Chinese offshore oil and gas company CNOOC Ltd have signed an agreement to jointly conduct exploration in a new block in the East African country.

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed

Uganda's national oil firm, China's CNOOC sign exploration deal
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uganda-china-oil/ugandas-national-oil-firm-chinas-cnooc-sign-exploration-deal-idUSKCN1LM1AU

KAMPALA (Reuters) - Uganda said on Thursday its national oil firm and Chinese offshore oil and gas company CNOOC Ltd have signed an agreement to jointly conduct exploration in a new block in the East African country.

Thanks, @To-Whose-Benefit?  Exactly the sort of thing they've been doing over recent years.

We've been idiots, not locking up long-term investment (i.e., not just financial private investment) in Africa since the Cold War, leaving the Soviet vacuum open for PRC to move in. But everyone wanted the "peace dividend".
+++++++++

Offline thackney

Thanks, @To-Whose-Benefit?  Exactly the sort of thing they've been doing over recent years.

We've been idiots, not locking up long-term investment (i.e., not just financial private investment) in Africa since the Cold War, leaving the Soviet vacuum open for PRC to move in. But everyone wanted the "peace dividend".

Flush with Cash, Majors Seek to Tap Africa's Vast Resources {oil}
https://www.rigzone.com/news/wire/flush_with_cash_majors_seek_to_tap_africas_vast_resources-05-sep-2018-156833-article/
September 05, 2018

The world’s biggest companies from Exxon Mobil Corp. to Royal Dutch Shell Plc and BP Plc are setting up camp across Africa. Armed with stronger balance sheets and higher crude prices the industry is on track to double drilling in African waters this year. Rising natural gas demand is adding to the attraction.

“The majors starting to move into these areas for exploration again is probably the first sign of things picking up,” said Adam Pollard, an analyst at consultant Wood MacKenzie Ltd. He said Africa “may be one of the first to get hit when the price goes against explorers, but equally it’s perceived to be one of the places where people are keen to get involved when the price is supportive.”

There are plenty of signs of a recovery. Rigs working in waters off Africa have increased to the highest in two years, according to Baker Hughes data. Consultant Rystad Energy AS expects 30 offshore exploration wells to be drilled this year compared with 17 last year....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer