Author Topic: From Mollie Tibbetts' father: Don't distort her death to advance racist views  (Read 2689 times)

MK ULTRA

Molly Tibbets was not a victim - so sez her typical brain dead liberal daddy.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/columnists/2018/09/01/mollie-tibbetts-father-common-decency-immigration-heartless-despicable-donald-trump-jr-column/1163131002/

Modified by Mod2. Please use original titles from news articles when posting a thread.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:31:38 pm by Mod2 »

Offline goatprairie

Reading the comments under the column, it appears many liberals are still going with the "this could have happened to anyone" kind of "logic" purporting to believe that Mollie Tibbetts's murder was just a typical homicide.
It is infuriating that liberals pretend to not know the consequences of their refusal to promote tougher immigration laws.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Reading the comments under the column, it appears many liberals are still going with the "this could have happened to anyone" kind of "logic" purporting to believe that Mollie Tibbetts's murder was just a typical homicide.
It is infuriating that liberals pretend to not know the consequences of their refusal to promote tougher immigration laws.

Butterfly Effect.

If immigration laws were taken seriously, Mollie would be alive today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

This father has my respect and deepest sympathy.

But he cannot dictate to me the conclusions I draw from his daughter's killing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"Illegal" is not a race.

Liberals are once again, too stupid to trust with national or border security.

Same applies to Bush-McCain-#neverTrump Republicans.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Had sympathy for Mollie's loved ones.  Don't now.  It's a waste of time to be sympathetic toward stupid people.

Online DCPatriot

"Illegal" is not a race.

Liberals are once again, too stupid to trust with national or border security.

Same applies to Bush-McCain-#neverTrump Republicans.

Truth.   

...now watch somebody run in to tell us they're not "Republicans"...they're Conservatives.

Also, "stupid" they're not.   There's something else rattling around in there.

BTW...seems to me a normal thing to say, for any father of a 20 year old murdered daughter.  Especially one in a country that depends on illegal alien labor.

Always keep in mind that the government supports this.  Doesn't happen in a vacuum.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 03:22:43 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

This imbecile couldn’t be more wrong. Neither Mexican nor Hispanic are a race. Furthermore, just because he’s not upset about the legal status of his daughter’s murderer doesn’t mean that I have to feel the same way as the mother of my kids.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online DCPatriot

This imbecile couldn’t be more wrong. Neither Mexican nor Hispanic are a race. Furthermore, just because he’s not upset about the legal status of his daughter’s murderer doesn’t mean that I have to feel the same way as the mother of my kids.

So...picture this.

Mollie's immediate circle-of influence consisted of many friends and acquaintances who are "illegal immigrants".

Some of them are stars on the school football or baseball teams.  They've been inside his house [gasp]

Just trying to add a bit of context here.   :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

Indeed. Liberals' insistence on telling the rest of us how to think and what to do is quite tiresome.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goodwithagun

Re: From Mollie Tibbetts' father: Don't distort her death to advance racist views
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 03:52:26 pm »
So...picture this.

Mollie's immediate circle-of influence consisted of many friends and acquaintances who are "illegal immigrants".

Some of them are stars on the school football or baseball teams.  They've been inside his house [gasp]

Just trying to add a bit of context here.   :shrug:

It’s his daughter so he’s more than free to feel as he does. My kids are just that: my kids. I am just as free to insist on their safety by blocking people from entering our country illegally. He can spout off about racism all he wants but he’s still wrong. Hispanic isn’t a race. Mexican isn’t a race.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

Re: From Mollie Tibbetts' father: Don't distort her death to advance racist views
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 03:54:32 pm »

Amen!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 03:55:50 pm »
I read somewhere that Mollie's dad got his illegal maid back in CA preggers and they were just married in June. 

It is probably just a viscous rumor.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

MK ULTRA

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 04:38:11 pm »
I liked the part about Molly being her dad's best friend.

Why is it of such major importance to parents that they be 'best friends' with their children? Imo, that's not part of 'parenting'.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 04:46:35 pm »

Why is it of such major importance to parents that they be 'best friends' with their children? Imo, that's not part of 'parenting'.

Geez....tough crowd today.

Do you have adult children?

There comes a day when you look at them and realize that the only way to maintain that bond/love is become the best of friends.

Not strange when speaking about a daughter moving back to college dorm.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 05:21:53 pm »

Welcome @MK ULTRA ! Yes, bffs are all the rage now. My husband and I are on the tail end of gen x, but we had kids a little later than most. As a result, our kids’ peers’ parents are mostly millennials. Half of these millennial parents grew up in divorced households, and most of them were Latchkey kids. They make their kids their priority instead of their marriages, and they do everything they can, including going into debt, to make their kids look/feel better than other kids. There’s a lot of living vicariously through kids today. Is really weird.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 06:09:23 pm »

Well, for me it just happened.  I don't remember how old I was, but I had been on my own for a number of years.  I found I could sit around with Dad, shoot the breeze about sports and politics and well, just be chums more than Dad and daughter. 

I agree that if the children are young and dependent upon their parents for their survival, a friendship is probably a bad idea.  But when the kids are fully grown and responsible, nothing wrong with parents and children being buds.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 06:22:33 pm »
It’s his daughter so he’s more than free to feel as he does. My kids are just that: my kids. I am just as free to insist on their safety by blocking people from entering our country illegally. He can spout off about racism all he wants but he’s still wrong. Hispanic isn’t a race. Mexican isn’t a race.

Come one.

It's impossible for you to empathize because, apparently, your 'world' isn't the same as millions upon millions of other Americans today.

Don't mean than in a condescending way, @goodwithagun

When I was an active agent, I came into contact with illegals everyday.  Sometimes all day. 

I learned early that the government actually appreciated any $$$ the local illegal population was earning.  So as a business owner/independent contractor, it was impossible not to run into them on a daily basis.

In my mind, it was a 'win-win' for everybody.

...but we also got to know them individually.  We made friendships that endure today.

My point is that your surroundings will determine how you feel about illegal immigrants from different perspective.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:23:31 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 06:38:20 pm »
Come one.

It's impossible for you to empathize because, apparently, your 'world' isn't the same as millions upon millions of other Americans today.

When I was an active agent, I came into contact with illegals everyday.  Sometimes all day. 

I learned early that the government actually appreciated any $$$ the local illegal population was earning.  So as a business owner/independent contractor, it was impossible not to run into them on a daily basis.

...but we also got to know them individually.  We made friendships that endure today.

My point is that your surroundings will determine how you feel about illegal immigrants from different perspective.

I understand completely, for a normal person its impossible not to be affected by personal human interaction.

Thats why we must never forget that the policies which have such a dramatic effect upon society at large must be governed by rational considerations, not the anecdotal and emotional.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »
Come one.

Omg.  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 07:02:43 pm »
I understand completely, for a normal person its impossible not to be affected by personal human interaction.

Thats why we must never forget that the policies which have such a dramatic effect upon society at large must be governed by rational considerations, not the anecdotal and emotional.

That's good, @skeeter

But I'm also thinking about the dozens upon dozens of news outlets trying to get his personal feelings...about the killer's immigration status or ethnicity....that he was 'illegal' and Mexican, etc..

THAT'S when dad says..."Stop distorting....." :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 07:11:20 pm »
Come one.

I try to separate my feelings about the situation  from my feelings about the individual people.

In the 1950s Pres. Eisenhower deported over a million illegal immigrants. Operation Wetback (1954).

Then in 1986 Reagan's "Amnesty" changed the dynamic. Just "be here" Then wait long enough.

Mollie's killer was just waiting, not vetted, among naïve people.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »

I find it odd that he can speak to the media.  I would prefer peace and privacy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 07:20:13 pm »
I find it odd that he can speak to the media.  I would prefer peace and privacy.

Like I suggested...he's being hounded.  Can't leave his house.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 07:27:35 pm »
That's good, @skeeter

But I'm also thinking about the dozens upon dozens of news outlets trying to get his personal feelings...about the killer's immigration status or ethnicity....that he was 'illegal' and Mexican, etc..

THAT'S when dad says..."Stop distorting....." :shrug:

The logical response then should be ‘respect my privacy and leave me alone’.

‘Stop distorting’ implies a judgment about the message.