Author Topic: Judge dismisses all charges against 3 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound suspectsDistrict Judge  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
District Judge Emilio Chavez on Wednesday dismissed all of the charges against three of the five defendants arrested in connection to a New Mexico compound linked to “extremist Muslims” because authorities violated the state’s “10-day rule.”

The child abuse charges against Lucas Morton, Subhannah Wahhaj and Hujrah Wahhaj were dropped, while those against fellow defendants, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj and Jany Leveille, remain.

Siraj Ibn Wahhaj and Leveille were also charged Friday with abuse of a child resulting in the death of a child and conspiracy to commit abuse of a child, Taos County Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe said in a news release.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/29/judge-dismisses-all-charges-against-3-extremist-muslim-new-mexico-compound-suspects.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
District Judge Emilio Chavez on Wednesday dismissed all of the charges against three of the five defendants arrested in connection to a New Mexico compound linked to “extremist Muslims” because authorities violated the state’s “10-day rule.”

The child abuse charges against Lucas Morton, Subhannah Wahhaj and Hujrah Wahhaj were dropped, while those against fellow defendants, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj and Jany Leveille, remain.

Siraj Ibn Wahhaj and Leveille were also charged Friday with abuse of a child resulting in the death of a child and conspiracy to commit abuse of a child, Taos County Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe said in a news release.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/29/judge-dismisses-all-charges-against-3-extremist-muslim-new-mexico-compound-suspects.html

:#@$%:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So defacto Sharia-law being applied by Obama pointed judges then?

They cannot be charged with crimes being planned or initiated against infidels.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
With the technology at their disposal, they're better use to the FBI/NSA walking around 'free'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
NM has a statute of limitations on child abuse?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

What the hell is going on here?  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What the hell is going on here?  **nononono*

! No longer available

"...those two guys are buried in unmarked graves out in the desert past Erlinqua"

"How do you know?"

"...I still got the shovel!"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:22:30 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The law requires an Evidentiary Hearing within 10 days of the arrests to establish Probable Cause, and the State failed to do so.  The Judge had no choice.   The State still has the option of getting indictments from a Grand Jury.

It was not helpful the State bulldozed all the evidence within days of the arrests.  It's hard to gather evidence that's been destroyed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The law requires an Evidentiary Hearing within 10 days of the arrests to establish Probable Cause, and the State failed to do so.  The Judge had no choice.   The State still has the option of getting indictments from a Grand Jury.

It was not helpful the State bulldozed all the evidence within days of the arrests.  It's hard to gather evidence that's been destroyed.

Wow.  You know what this looks like, don't you?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
 888high58888

@sanquine

Oklahoma City comes immediately to my mind.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
888high58888
@sanquine

Oklahoma City comes immediately to my mind.

I know the old "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity", but this is basic, simple, doing their job kinda stuff.  How did they screw that up?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@sanquine

Waco as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know the old "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity", but this is basic, simple, doing their job kinda stuff.  How did they screw that up?

Stupidity would have been failing to secure the "compound."  Malice is bulldozing it to the ground without securing the evidence therein.  I don't see how they had the time to do so.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Complicity.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If this had been a White Christian compound, everyone involved would be either in jail or shot dead by now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I feel sorry for the Sheriff.  He took a lot of political heat because he took the time to make sure he had all the ducks in a row before the raid.  Now this makes him look like an incompetent boob.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I feel sorry for the Sheriff.  He took a lot of political heat because he took the time to make sure he had all the ducks in a row before the raid.  Now this makes him look like an incompetent boob.

Coincidence?

The FBI certainly was not interested in this.  They had more important things to destroy - like Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Coincidence?

The FBI certainly was not interested in this.  They had more important things to destroy - like Trump.

That particular alphabet agency certainly knew about it in advance.  People had been complaining to them for months before the raid, which didn't happen until somebody went to the Sheriff about the missing boy.  Had that not happened, they'd still be training kids to shoot up schools.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Reminds me of the Vegas shooting. Big deal for a moment, then just drops off the radar with lots of unanswered questions and the smell of coverup.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That particular alphabet agency certainly knew about it in advance.  People had been complaining to them for months before the raid, which didn't happen until somebody went to the Sheriff about the missing boy.  Had that not happened, they'd still be training kids to shoot up schools.

Reminds me of the Vegas shooting. Big deal for a moment, then just drops off the radar with lots of unanswered questions and the smell of coverup.

Offline Frank Cannon

They are trying like hell to make this whole thing go away fast.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Yes, it does.
Principles matter. Words matter.