Author Topic: Facebook Engineer's Stunning Admission: "We Tear Down Posters Welcoming Trump Supporters"  (Read 601 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-29/facebook-engineers-stunning-admission-we-tear-down-posters-welcoming-trump

According to a memo posted on Facebook's internal message board titled "We Have a Problem With Political Diversity", and which was published by the New York Times, senior Facebook engineer Brian Amerige confirmed Trump's allegation writing that "we are a political monoculture that’s intolerant of different views" and shockingly admitted that "we claim to welcome all perspectives, but are quick to attack — often in mobs — anyone who presents a view that appears to be in opposition to left-leaning ideology. We throw labels that end in *obe and *ist at each other, attacking each other’s character rather than their ideas."

The scathing indictment of Facebook's liberal "mono-culture" continues:

We do this so consistently that employees are afraid to say anything when they disagree with what’s around them  politically.​ HR has told me that this is not a rare concern, and I’ve personally gotten over a hundred messages to that effect. Your colleagues are afraid because they know that they — not their ideas — will be attacked. They know that all the talk of “openness to different perspectives” does not apply to causes of “social justice,” immigration, “diversity”, and “equality.” On this issues, you can either keep quiet or sacrifice your reputation and career.

"These are not fears without cause" Amerige writes, and continues the stunning disclosure of the company's biased culture, "Because we tear down posters welcoming Trump supporters. We regularly propose removing Thiel from our board because he supported Trump. We’re quick to suggest firing people who turn out to be misunderstood, and even quicker to conclude our colleagues are bigots. We have made “All Lives Matter” a fireable offense. We put Palmer Luckey through a witch hunt because he paid for anti-Hillary ads. We write each other ad-hoc feedback in the PSC tool for having “offensive” ideas. We ask HR to investigate those who dare to criticize Islam’s human rights record for creating a “non inclusive environment.” And they called me a transphobe when I called out our corporate art for being politically radical.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It sounds like  Mao should be the CEO.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Facebook is a great place for catching up on all the things that people who you either can't or can't be bothered to keep up with are doing.  Their traffic woes, what they ate for lunch, where they vacationed and other important milestones in their lives.  I never post anything on FB that is even remotely personal about me, and if someone posts something political, I take them off my live feed.  I check FB every couple of weeks.  I don't go to businesses on FB.

I'm not sure how FB got to be the news/business site that it is, but I do my best to not help it along.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Facebook is a great place for catching up on all the things that people who you either can't or can't be bothered to keep up with are doing.  Their traffic woes, what they ate for lunch, where they vacationed and other important milestones in their lives.  I never post anything on FB that is even remotely personal about me, and if someone posts something political, I take them off my live feed.  I check FB every couple of weeks.  I don't go to businesses on FB.

I'm not sure how FB got to be the news/business site that it is, but I do my best to not help it along.

Yes, Facebook has changed.  I am enjoying it though.  For one thing I have caught up with people I knew a long time ago and relatives that had fallen off my radar.  For another thing, I can post pictures and funny stuff and people will read and comment.

I had to unfriend a priest I'd known a long time because he continued to post liberal politics and he was mean about it.

I see a huge amount of political posts but they are 90% conservative and pro-Trump.  Maybe that's just because of the friends I have but I see no evidence of political bias on FB.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Here's one reason.  Many news and opinion pieces on the Net have a place at the top that says "Share on Facebook" and share on a couple of other places.  It is totally easy to click on that and share a political opinion on Facebook.

It is also easy to discriminate.  You can stop seeing posts without unfriending by clicking on "snooze X for 30 days" or stop seeing posts from X.

I'm gonna clean up my page later today.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Same here, since people seem to now to more prefer social networking vs the old tried and true phone calls and visits.

I visit FB maybe 10 minutes a month mostly to see what kids are doing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Same here, since people seem to now to more prefer social networking vs the old tried and true phone calls and visits.

I visit FB maybe 10 minutes a month mostly to see what kids are doing.

Your kids @catfish1957 ?  Or just kids in general.  If it's your kids, you need to pick up the phone.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
James Damore was tasked with writing an internal study at Google. He wrote the truth, and got fired.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/16/googlers-threatened-after-fired-engineer-damore-identifies-them-in-court-filings-judge/

Trump says correctly, the Big Socials are Fake and dishonest and Left leaning.

The Google DEO refuses to testify to Congress.

Thankfully many people have realized their private info was stolen, they are being sold as products, and manipulated politically.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Your kids @catfish1957 ?  Or just kids in general.  If it's your kids, you need to pick up the phone.

Yeah, my kids, and yes I do pick up the phone. OTOH...  sometimes you can see what they are doing that they may have forgot to share.

Since when have become a parenting expert?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yeah, my kids, and yes I do pick up the phone. OTOH...  sometimes you can see what they are doing that they may have forgot to share.

Since when have become a parenting expert?

My kids are a tribute to my parenting and I'll stand by that.  I am constantly in touch with them and they are two of the finest people I know.

However, I can't take credit.  Parenting is a work in progress.

Since when have you gotten so snarky, @catfish1957