Author Topic: Sanders-backed Andrew Gillum wins major upset in Florida Dem gov primary  (Read 491 times)

Offline Suppressed

August 28, 2018 - 09:18 PM EDT
Sanders-backed Andrew Gillum wins major upset in Florida Dem gov primary
BY MAX GREENWOOD

Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum, a progressive aligned with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), pulled off a stunning win in Florida's Democratic gubernatorial primary on Tuesday, edging out former Rep. Gwen Graham (D-Fla.).

Gillum won the primary with 34 percent of the vote, the Associated Press projected with 87 percent of precincts reporting. Graham, the daughter of former Sen. Bob Graham (D-Fla.), won 32 percent of the vote.

The come-from-behind win defied expectations and is bound to invite comparisons to the win by progressive star Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who stunned the political world in June by defeating established Rep. Joe Crowley in a New York Democratic primary.

[...]

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/404097-andrew-gillum-wins-florida-democratic-gubernatorial-race-in-stunning-upset
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

DeSantaclause is going to steamroll this idiot. Delightful.

Online dfwgator

DeSantaclause is going to steamroll this idiot. Delightful.

He puts the "duh" in "Flori-duh".