Author Topic: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge  (Read 11289 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2018, 11:54:20 pm »
Is Sheppards Pie considered a real pie? I was going to suggest it, but it has meat in it.

Online corbe

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2018, 12:02:57 am »
Shepard doesn't work for heterosexuals @Frank Cannon

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2018, 12:10:01 am »
That'd be just what TOS does. (And has done, regarding some commentators and some sites, not just the most obvious fever-swampers, either.) Surely there are those among us here whose reasons for coming here just might have included that this site doesn't blacklist commentators (other than, perhaps, the obvious fever-swampers) the way that one often enough does.

I guess nobody would want to be reminded of the sage counsel of Frank Chodorov: Let them rant their heads off---that is their right, which we cannot afford to infringe---but let us keep from them the political means of depriving everybody else of the same right.

And we still have the same right to reject Schlicter's arguments (the ones he makes and the ones he provokes alike) as he has to make (or provoke) them.

:hands: :hands:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2018, 12:11:50 am »
Anyone have an opinion on Pecan Pie or did the damn Libertarians grab that for themselves?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2018, 12:24:26 am »
Anyone have an opinion on Pecan Pie or did the damn Libertarians grab that for themselves?

The Libertines have gone out looking to find something to cut the pie with.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2018, 12:27:30 am »
    So the 'Drowning in Orange Kool-Aid' is no longer an Option?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2018, 12:28:16 am »
 333cleo

Nothing is more American than cherry pie which happens to be my fav..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2018, 12:29:45 am »

Yeah! I love it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2018, 12:32:08 am »
333cleo
Nothing is more American than cherryApple pie which happens to be Bigun's my fav..

Fixed that for you @mystery-ak

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2018, 12:32:49 am »
333cleo
Nothing is more American than cherry pie which happens to be my fav..

I was going to suggest that but I was afraid some Lesbian splinter group would claim it's "Cultural Appropriation".

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2018, 12:37:05 am »
@roamer_1

Let me tell you something my friend.  The ONLY team I have ever played for is the same one YOU are on!

I know exactly where you are, pal... And I meant no offense.   

WE have to start somewhere and I see this President moving the ball in our direction

I see no such thing. I see that the circus is in town, and the clown at the front of the parade is throwing candy to the crowd... But once the circus leaves town, all that candy is gonna just dry up - It is all just that temporal... Bush's first term was much the same - lots of judges, lots of EOs...

And this, predictably will turn out the same. Very little of lasting value.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2018, 12:42:38 am »
I know exactly where you are, pal... And I meant no offense.   

I know that and I took none.  I'm just sorry that you can't see what I see.  Doesn't mean we can't remain friends.  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2018, 12:52:35 am »
@jmyrlefuller, I like the new avatar photo.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2018, 01:33:27 am »
I was going to suggest that but I was afraid some Lesbian splinter group would claim it's "Cultural Appropriation".

Indeed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2018, 02:21:12 am »
@Jazzhead
That’s just like when you urge the sublimation of our rights to achieve your defintion of the common good.
Problem is, with few very principled exceptions, "common good" has come to mean "What's in it for me?" and "Devil take the hindmost"--attitudes which abandon principle for personal gain, and often do not necessarily benefit the Republic, or the Liberty of the citizens thereof.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2018, 02:25:02 am »
Problem is, with few very principled exceptions, "common good" has come to mean "What's in it for me?" and "Devil take the hindmost"--attitudes which abandon principle for personal gain, and often do not necessarily benefit the Republic, or the Liberty of the citizens thereof.

The best thing that can possibly be done for the "common good" is  to cut government at all levels to the bare minimum.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2018, 02:25:03 am »
Is that PEE-can pie? Or Peh-Cahn pie? Enquiring minds wanna know....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2018, 02:27:34 am »
The best thing that can possibly be done for the "common good" it to cut government at all levels to the bare minimum.
I'd be satisfied if the Federal Government were constrained by the powers (specific and delineated in the vernacular of the day) delegated to it in The Constitution and Bill of Rights, without some of the semantic gymnastics used to justify the National Government Leviathan that has been growing since The War.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2018, 02:31:08 am »
I'd be satisfied if the Federal Government were constrained by the powers (specific and delineated in the vernacular of the day) delegated to it in The Constitution and Bill of Rights, without some of the semantic gymnastics used to justify the National Government Leviathan that has been growing since The War.

That would be a FINE thing for sure!

Don't need no pee can pie but I love pa chn pie.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2018, 02:43:51 am »
The best thing that can possibly be done for the "common good" is  to cut government at all levels to the bare minimum.

And, back to it's Constitutionally limited boundaries.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2018, 03:18:34 am »
Is that PEE-can pie? Or Peh-Cahn pie? Enquiring minds wanna know....

Screw dat - You know what season it is up here in the sticks...

Hoo buddy, that's right...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2018, 03:24:51 am »

Passionfruit?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2018, 03:30:16 am »
Passionfruit?

Is that some flaming homo remark?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2018, 03:31:15 am »
My favorite:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2018, 03:44:45 am »

Looks a mite like Juneberries, but far too late in the year.

A juneberry pie (locally) can sell for $25 or more. The Jelly is the best. Unfortunately, the birds strip our tree every year as the berries start to turn purple.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:46:38 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis