Author Topic: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'  (Read 20602 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'
« Reply #275 on: August 25, 2018, 06:11:00 pm »
Sadly, morals have degraded so much in my lifetime that I don't think sexual past will even budge the electoral meter anymore.

Sad, very sad.  Comparing Trump to Clinton.  Just shows that there are no morals left in government.  It really isn't as if everyone didn't know Trump was a player going into the campaign.  Even the church was willing to look the other way.  If this is the new way of deciding presidents by how immoral they are I want nothing to do with it.  I read on Jerry Falwell Jr. twitter sticking up for Trump and Manafort.

Christians have become a cheering section for immorality and sin.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2018, 06:25:28 pm »

They have lost their saltiness and are become good for nothing as scripture and Jesus both warned.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2018, 06:30:04 pm »
They have lost their saltiness and are become good for nothing as scripture and Jesus both warned.

The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2018, 06:37:56 pm »
Sad, very sad.  Comparing Trump to Clinton.  Just shows that there are no morals left in government.  It really isn't as if everyone didn't know Trump was a player going into the campaign.  Even the church was willing to look the other way.  If this is the new way of deciding presidents by how immoral they are I want nothing to do with it.  I read on Jerry Falwell Jr. twitter sticking up for Trump and Manafort.

It is so sad that you say that @Chosen Daughter and even sadder that you think it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2018, 06:40:59 pm »
The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector!

Wow @skeeter  what a great quote you dug up, and so apropos to way too many people on this forum.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2018, 06:45:49 pm »
Wow @skeeter  what a great quote you dug up, and so apropos to way too many people on this forum.

Its from Luke. Pops into my head from time to time while I read these posts.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »
Its from Luke. Pops into my head from time to time while I read these posts.

Yes.  So many years of Bible class and I had forgotten it.  It is particularly galling to me to read posts of self-identified Christians who have no forgiveness for sinners and who forget that Jesus chose to forgive so many in His personal life.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2018, 06:51:24 pm »
@Axeslinger

See, you were okay until you mentioned the 'fawning, bowing crowd.'  That is an insult to every Trump supporter here because most of us do not fit that description at all.Actually no...it’s only an insult to those trump supporters who know in their heart they’ve abdicated their principles...no need to feel defensive about it if that’s not you, now is it?

I and all my family have a high moral code for ourselves that we adhere to faithfully.  But the general tenor or morality in the country has weakened a bit and I certainly don't blame Trump for that.  I do blame liberals in the entertainment industry, even in sports.thats a cowards answer shoving all the blame off on “others”.  In truth, we all learned and probably all said during Clinton’s reign that “character matters”.  So does it or doesn’t it?  Because every self professed moral person who voted for trump made the decision that “no, I actually don’t care about character or principles”

As far as I can tell, Trump dallied with a few ladies who expected to be paid and they were paid and then they resorted to blackmail.  They are whores, plain and simple and he should never have associated with them,  But there is no proof, much less any CREDIBLE accusations that he forced himself on anyone or made unwanted advances.  Most of this happened a long time ago and has only arisen now because some whores saw an opportunity for blackmail. nowhere on this board will you find that I have commented in any tangible way on his dalliances before he was president,

I will hold Trump accountable if he strays from the core principles he ran on, but so far, I have not seen that.  You can disagree with his economic ideas, such as tariffs, and they may be a mistake but they may not.  It's all part of his America first credo which i strongly admire and agree with.so you’re good with adding trillions to the debt?  Got it. (Confining my response here to economics because that is what you did)

Everyone who blames him for not 'getting along with Congress' does not get it.  The Senate is an old boys club for the most part and Trump ain't an old boy.  No amount of tact and mollycoddling could have brought the worst of them on board.agree

Of course, he should be held accountable but not for his playboy past.  That did not hurt anybody but himself.  He's not my cup of cocoa as a person but I do not consider him repugnant at all.

I consider him a good President who is being unfairly abused and accused.and I Am pleasantly surprised with much of what he has done. It’s tragic that he cannot stop stepping on his own d!ck because he is so thin skinned.  Truly three steps forward and two steps back.  My complaint are his intellectually dishonest fawning, bowing followers who cannot identify a single thing they disagree with him on AND simultaneously declare me to be their enemy.  They are just as despicable as the obama sycophants they railed against a few scant years ago

@Emjay
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2018, 06:54:58 pm »

You realize that by making this comment that the Bible quote also fits you, right?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2018, 06:55:13 pm »
@skeeter Bible quote made me think of this even more familiar one:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.[a]
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,[c]
12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.[d]

14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2018, 06:56:42 pm »
@INVAR @Axeslinger   Look, I don't have all day to sit here and try to reason with people whose minds are totally made up and closed and who wouldn't see reason if it slapped them in the face.

Safeway is open again and I'm outta here.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2018, 06:57:43 pm »
You realize that by making this comment that the Bible quote also fits you, right?

It fits only those who think only the other guy is imperfect.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2018, 07:05:14 pm »
It is so sad that you say that @Chosen Daughter and even sadder that you think it.

Really because government is collapsing over immorality.  Neither party is innocent or lacking of criminal convictions of various sorts.  It is a swamp for sure.  When we stopped believing that moral character were needed in the people we choose to lead our nation we lost the ability to serve its citizens.  Right now government is all about Trump, but it should be all about America and what we can be doing to serve its citizens.  You happen to be happy with the bits and scraps Trump is throwing to the dogs.  Because he is too entrenched in trying to cover up his immorality to be effective.  To govern the people.

Freedom comes from God and don't forget it.

Oliver Ellsworth

Chief-Justice of the Supreme Court

[T]he primary objects of government are the peace, order, and prosperity of society. . . . To the promotion of these objects, particularly in a republican government, good morals are essential. Institutions for the promotion of good morals are therefore objects of legislative provision and support: and among these . . . religious institutions are eminently useful and important. . . . [T]he legislature, charged with the great interests of the community, may, and ought to countenance, aid and protect religious institutions—institutions wisely calculated to direct men to the performance of all the duties arising from their connection with each other, and to prevent or repress those evils which flow from unrestrained passion.

(Source: Connecticut Courant, June 7,
 1802, p. 3, Oliver Ellsworth, to the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut)

William Penn

Founder of Pennsylvania

t is impossible that any people of government should
 ever prosper, where men render not unto God, that which is God’s, as well as
 to Caesar, that which is Caesar’s.

(Source: Fundamental Constitutions of Pennsylvania,
 1682. Written by William Penn, founder of the colony of Pennsylvania.)

Benjamin Rush

Signer of the Declaration of Independence

The only foundation for a useful education in a republic
 is to be laid in religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without
 virtue there can be no liberty, and liberty is the object and life of all republican
 governments.

(Source: Benjamin Rush, Essays, Literary,
 Moral and Philosophical (Philadelphia: Thomas and William Bradford, 1806),
 p. 8.)

John Adams
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Second President of the United
 States

t is religion and morality alone which can establish
 the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of
 a free constitution is pure virtue.

(Source: John Adams, The Works of John Adams,
 Second President of the United States, Charles Francis Adams, editor (Boston:
 Little, Brown, 1854), Vol. IX, p. 401, to Zabdiel Adams on June 21, 1776.)

There are three points of doctrine the belief of which
 forms the foundation of all morality. The first is the existence of God; the
 second is the immortality of the human soul; and the third is a future state
 of rewards and punishments. Suppose it possible for a man to disbelieve either
 of these three articles of faith and that man will have no conscience, he will
 have no other law than that of the tiger or the shark. The laws of man may bind
 him in chains or may put him to death, but they never can make him wise, virtuous,
 or happy.

(Source: John Quincy Adams, Letters of John
 Quincy Adams to His Son on the Bible and Its Teachings (Auburn: James M.
 Alden, 1850), pp. 22-23.)

Samuel Adams

Signer of the Declaration of Independence

[N]either the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will
 secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.

(Source: William V. Wells, The Life and Public
 Service of Samuel Adams (Boston: Little, Brown, & Co., 1865), Vol. I, p.
 22, quoting from a political essay by Samuel Adams published in The Public Advertiser,
 1749.)

https://wallbuilders.com/importance-morality-religion-government/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:18:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2018, 07:08:24 pm »

Amen

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2018, 07:09:29 pm »
@INVAR @Axeslinger   Look, I don't have all day to sit here and try to reason with people whose minds are totally made up and closed and who wouldn't see reason if it slapped them in the face.

Safeway is open again and I'm outta here.

@Emjay

That or you can’t (or won’t) admit to yourself that I just totally pegged you.  Your next reply will be quite telling.  Have a safe trip
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2018, 07:12:23 pm »
@Emjay

That or you can’t (or won’t) admit to yourself that I just totally pegged you.  Your next reply will be quite telling.  Have a safe trip

Going to Safeway must be  close to getting the bogus silly "Reading Comprehension" retort from RIV.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2018, 07:16:29 pm »
Going to Safeway must be  close to getting the bogus silly "Reading Comprehension" retort from RIV.   :silly:

I suppose all this 'Hurricane Lane' talk could've been bogus.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2018, 07:21:36 pm »
I suppose all this 'Hurricane Lane' talk could've been bogus.

Sounds like he must have done pretty well if his powers still on, and the grocery stores are open.   That's good news and I am happy for him.

Living near the Texas gulf coast, you never wish hurricanes on anyone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2018, 07:26:01 pm »
Sounds like he must have done pretty well if his powers still on, and the grocery stores are open.   That's good news and I am happy for him.

Living near the Texas gulf coast, you never wish hurricanes on anyone.

Here on the west coast even a few cracks of thunder send everyone into the tall grass. Boring!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2018, 07:28:50 pm »
Yes.  So many years of Bible class and I had forgotten it.  It is particularly galling to me to read posts of self-identified Christians who have no forgiveness for sinners and who forget that Jesus chose to forgive so many in His personal life.

Forgiving someone and wanting immoral people to lead the country are two different things.  To make a point I am wondering if you think all these people were good choices to lead the country?  I couldn't even post them all it was so numerous on both sides of the Isle.  Maybe you can forgive them all?  I doubt it, but even if you could it is obvious that the damage they did by their immoral ways has affected the ability of government to serve its people.

2010–present[edit]

Alabama[edit]
State Rrepresentative Micky Hammon (R) was convicted of fraud (2017).[1]
State Representative Oliver Robinson (D) was convicted of bribery. (2017)[2]
Governor of Alabama Robert J. Bentley (R) resigned after pleading guilty to two misdemeanor charges: failing to file a major contribution report, in violation of Code of Alabama § 17-5-8.1(c); and knowingly converting campaign contributions to personal use, in violation of Code of Alabama § 36-25-6." (2017)[3]
Speaker of the Alabama House of Representatives Mike Hubbard (R) was convicted on 12 of 23 felony charges. (2016)[4]
State Representative Greg Wren (R) pleaded guilty to an ethics violation. He resigned from the Alabama Legislature as a condition of his plea deal and was given a 12-month suspended sentence and ordered to pay $24,000. (2014)[5]
State Representative Terry Spicer (D) pleaded guilty to accepting more than $3,000 per month in bribes. (2011)[6]
State Representative James Thomas (D) convicted of sexual assault. (2010)[7]

Arizona[edit]
State Senator Frank Antenori (R) convicted of trespassing. (2016)[8]
State Representative Ceci Velasquez (D) was convicted of theft. (2016)[9]
State Representative Richard Miranda (D) pleaded guilty to wire fraud and tax evasion.[10] (2012)
State Representative Ben Arredondo (D) was charged with bribery, fraud and extortion. He was sentenced to 18 months of house arrest. (2012)[11][12]
State Senator Scott Bundgaard (R) agreed to participate in domestic violence classes for six months after assaulting his girlfriend. (2011)[13]

Local[edit]

Arkansas[edit]
State Representative Jon Wood (R) convicted of bribery. (2018)[14]
State Representative Eddie Cooper (D) convicted of embezzlement. (2018)[15]
State Representative Micah Neal (R) was convicted of bribery. (2017)[16][17]
State Representative Steven B. Jones (D) convicted of bribery. (2015)[18]
State Senator Paul Bookout (D) pleaded guilty to mail fraud. (2014)[19]
State Treasurer Martha Shoffner (D) convicted on the charges of extortion and bribery and sentenced to 30 months. (2014)[20]
State Representative Hudson Hallum (D) pleaded guilty to voter bribing. (2012)[21]

California[edit]
State Senator Ron Calderon (D) brother of Tom was convicted of money laundering. (2016)[22]
State Assemblyman Tom Calderon (D) brother of Ron was convicted of money laundering. (2016)[23]
State Senator Leland Yee (D) charged with bribery, public corruption and gun trafficking. (2014)[24][25]
State Senator Roderick Wright (D) was convicted of eight counts of perjury and voter fraud. He was sentenced to 90 days and barred him from ever holding public office again and will be required to perform 1,500 hours of community service and three years' probation under the terms of his conviction. (2014)[26]
State Assemblywoman Mary Hayashi (D) was charged with felony grand theft after being caught on video surveillance allegedly shoplifting $2,445 worth of merchandise from San Francisco's Neiman Marcus store.[27][28] She was sentenced to $180 fine and three years' probation and was ordered to stay more than 50 feet from the store. (2011)

Local[edit]
Mayor of San Diego Bob Filner (D) given three months of house arrest, three years' probation, and partial loss of his mayoral pension after pleading guilty to state charges of false imprisonment and battery. (2013)[29]

Colorado[edit]
State Representative Timothy J. Leonard (R) was found guilty of Contempt of Court and sentenced to 14 days in jail. (2016)[30][31]
State Senator Steve King (R) pleaded guilty to embezzlement of public property and misdemeanor first-degree official misconduct. Sentenced to serve two years' probation and complete 80 hours of useful public service. (2015)[32][33][34]
State Representative Douglas Bruce (R), was convicted on four counts of felony criminal activity including, money laundering, attempted improper influence of a public official, and tax fraud. He was sentenced on February 13, 2012, to a total of 180 days in jail, $49,000 in fines, and six months of probation which included extensive disclosure requirements. (2011)[35][36]
Secretary of State Scott Gessler (R) was found guilty of violating Colorado's ethics laws by using state money to attend a Republican event in Florida (2012)[37]

Connecticut[edit]
State Representative Victor Cuevas (D) convicted of bank fraud. (2016)[38]
State Senator Ernie Newton (D) was sentenced to six months in prison for three counts of illegal practices in campaign financing.[39] Newton had also been sentenced to four years for federal charges of accepting a $5,000 bribe, evading taxes and pilfering campaign contributions to pay for personal expenses. (2015)[40]
State Representative Christina Ayala (D) convicted of election fraud. (2014)[41]
State Senator Thomas Gaffey (D) convicted of larceny. (2011)[42]

Local[edit]
Mayor of Hartford, Connecticut Eddie Perez (D), was sentenced to eight years, suspended after three years, with three years in prison, to be followed by three years of probation for corruption. (2010)[43]

Florida[edit]
State Representative Daisy Baez (D) convicted of perjury. (2017)[44]
State Representative Erik Fresen (R) convicted of tax evasion. (2017)[45]
State Representative Dwayne L. Taylor (D) convicted of fraud. (2017)[46]
State Senator M. Mandy Dawson (D) convicted of fraud. (2011)[47]

Georgia[edit]
State Representative Tyrone Brooks (D) convicted of tax fraud. (2015)[48]

Hawaii[edit]
State Senator Rod Tam (D) convicted of theft. (2011)[49]

Idaho[edit]
State Senator John McGee (R) pleaded guilty to probation violation and a disturbing the peace charge related to sexual harassment that had occurred at the Idaho State Capital Building and was jailed for 44 days. (2012) He had previously been arrested for grand theft auto and driving under the influence.[50] McGee pleaded guilty to DUI and was sentenced to 180 days, serving 5 in jail, plus community service, 175 days' probation, plus fines and restitution. (2011)[51]

Illinois[edit]
State Representative Keith Farnham (D) convicted of distributing child pornography. (2014)[52]
State Representative Derrick Smith (D) was arrested and convicted of accepting a $7,000 bribe. (2014)[53]
State Representative Constance A. Howard (D) convicted of mail fraud. (2013)[54][55]
State Representative Ron Stephens (R) was found guilty of repeated drug abuse and DUI (2010)[56][57]

Local[edit]
Alderman of Chicago William Beavers (D) convicted of tax fraud. (2013)[58]
Alderman of Chicago Sandi Jackson (D) pleaded guilty to one count of filing false tax returns. (2013)[59]
Comptroller and Treasurer of Dixon, Rita Crundwell (D)[60] was sentenced to 19 years and 7 months in prison for fraud, having embezzled $53 million dollars. (2013)[61]
Alderman of Chicago Isaac Carothers (D) convicted of corruption. (2010)[62]

Indiana[edit]
Secretary of State Charlie White (R) was convicted on 6 of 7 felony charges including perjury, theft and voter fraud. (2012)[63]

Local[edit]
Mayor of East Chicago George Pabey (D) was convicted by a federal court jury on September 24, 2010, of conspiracy and theft of government funds. (2010)[64]

Iowa[edit]
State Senator Kent Sorenson (R) pleaded guilty to one count of falsely reporting expenditures and one count of obstruction of justice. (2013)[65]

Kansas[edit]
State Representative Trent K. LeDoux (R) pleaded guilty to one count of bank fraud. He was sentenced Monday to 18 months in federal prison for defrauding Farmers and Merchants Bank of Colby, Kan., of more than $460,000. (2014)[66]

Local[edit]

Kentucky[edit]
State Representative Keith Hall (D) was convicted of bribery and sentenced to 7 years in prison. (2016)[67]
State Representative Ben Waide (R) convicted of campaign violations. (2016)[68]
Commissioner of Agriculture Richie Farmer (R) was convicted of corruption and sentenced to 27 months in prison. (2014)[69]

Louisiana[edit]
State Representative Girod Jackson, III (D) convicted of tax evasion. (2013)[70]

Local[edit]
Mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin (D) was found guilty on 20 counts of bribery and was sentenced to ten years in federal prison. (2014)[71]
Mayor of Mandeville Eddie Price III (R) was sentenced to 60 months on charges of income tax evasion and corruption. (2010)[72]

Maine[edit]
State Representative David R. Burns (R) pleaded guilty to misdemeanor forgery and theft charges and was sentenced to 6 months. (2012)[73][74]
State Representative Frederick Wintle (R), pleaded guilty to a concealed weapons charge (2011).[75][76][77][78]

Maryland[edit]
State Senator Nathaniel T. Oaks (D) was convicted of corruption. (2018)[79]
State Delegate Tiffany Alston (D) was convicted of embezzlement. (2013)[80]

Local[edit]
Anne Arundel County Executive John R. Leopold (R) convicted of misconduct in office. (2013)[81]
Prince George's County Executive Jack B. Johnson (D) pleaded guilty to extortion and, witness and evidence tampering.[82] He was sentenced to seven years and three months in Butner federal prison in North Carolina. He was also fined $100,000. (2011)[83] (2011)
Prince George's County Councillor Leslie Johnson (D), was sentenced to one year and one day in prison for political corruption. (2011)[84]
Mayor of Baltimore Sheila Dixon (D) was convicted of fraudulent misappropriation and was sentenced to four years of probation. (2010)[84]

Massachusetts[edit]
State Representative Carlos Henriquez (D) was convicted of two counts assault and battery charges and sentenced to 2.5 years, with six months to be served in the Middlesex County House of Correction and Jail in Billerica, Massachusetts and the remaining two years to be spent on probation.[85] (2014)
State Representative Stephen Stat Smith (D) pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of deprivation of rights under color of law for his role in a voter fraud scheme.[86] (2012)
Speaker of the House Salvatore DiMasi (D) was found guilty of using his position to secure multimillion-dollar state contracts for Cognos, a business intelligence software company, in exchange for kickbacks.[87] (2011)
State Senator Anthony D. Galluccio (D) was given one year in prison after failing a sobriety test and violating his probation from a previous hit and run accident. (2010)[88]

Local[edit]
Boston Councillor Chuck Turner (Green Party) was expelled from the Boston City Council on December 1, 2010, following his conviction on federal bribery charges. (2010)[89]

Michigan[edit]
State Senator Bert Johnson (D) was convicted of fraud. (2018)[90]
State Representative Brian Banks (D) was convicted of fraud for filing false financial statements (2017)[91]
State Senator Virgil Smith, Jr. (D) was convicted of assault and was sentenced to 10 months in jail, five years of probation and not be allowed to hold public office. (2015)[92]
Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court Diane Hathaway (D) was sentenced to 366 days in Prison for criminal mortgage fraud. (2013)[93]

Local[edit]
Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III (D) convicted of misconduct. (2016)[94]
Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick (D) was sentenced to 18 months to 5 years in prison for violating his probation in 2010. In 2013 he was sentenced to 28 years in prison for federal charges including racketeering and extortion. (2013)[95]
Detroit City Council member Monica Conyers (D) pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit bribery[96] and served just over 27 months at the Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia. (2010)[97]

Mississippi[edit]
State Senator Chris Massey (R) was arrested for aggravated assault with a shovel for an argument with two maintenance workers. He was found guilty and given 6 months' probation. (2016)[98][99][100]
State Representative Greg Davis (R) was indicted on state charges of embezzlement, false pretense and making fraudulent statements. He was convicted and sentenced to serve 2½ years in state prison. (2012)[101][102]
Judge Bobby DeLaughter (D) pleaded guilty of one count of lying to the FBI and was sentenced to 18 months in prison. (2010)[103]

Missouri[edit]
State Representative Steve Webb (D) convicted of theft. (2013)[104]
Governor of Missouri Roger B. Wilson (D) on May 12, 2012, was fined $2,000 by the Missouri Ethics Commission.[105] In July he was sentenced to two years of probation on the money laundering charge.[106] (2012)
State Representative Ray Salva (D) convicted of fraud. (2011)[107]
Speaker of the Missouri House of Representatives Rod Jetton (R) was arrested for "recklessly causing serious physical injury" to an unnamed woman during sadomasochistic sex and pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault. He was sentenced to probation and fined. (2010)[108][109]

Montana[edit]
State Senator Jason Priest (R) pleaded guilty to two counts of assault and resisting arrest. (2014)[110][111]
State Senator Art Wittich (R) was found guilty of campaign violations by coordinating with and taking illegal corporate contributions from, the Western Tradition Partnership. (2014)[112][113]
State Representative Tony Belcourt (D) was convicted of four federal corruption charges involving projects on the Rocky Boy Indian Reservation. He was sentenced to 7½ years in prison. (2014)[114]
State Representative Joel Boniek (R) was found guilty of "quid pro quo corruption" in taking $9,060 in contributions from the Western Tradition Partnership. (2010)[115][116][117]

Nevada[edit]
State Assemblyman Steven Brooks (D) convicted of making threats to kill. (2013)[118]

Local[edit]

New Jersey[edit]
Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Bill Baroni (R) convicted over the Fort Lee lane closure controversy (2016)[119]
State Assemblyman Alberto Coutinho (D) convicted of theft and falsifying records. (2013)
State Assemblyman Robert Schroeder (R) pled guilty to misconduct and theft (2012)[120][121]
State Assemblyman Neil M. Cohen (D) jailed for child pornography. (2010)
State Assemblyman Anthony Chiappone (D) jailed for filing false campaign finance reports. (2010).................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:31:15 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2018, 07:45:34 pm »

"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?" -Matthew 7:16

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2018, 07:48:37 pm »
"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?" -Matthew 7:16

All true. But how much do we really know about each other personally except from what we post here?

How can anyone here impugn the quality of faith of other members when they really have no idea what kinds of Christians they are?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:59:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2018, 07:59:53 pm »
All true. But how much do we really know about each other personally except from what we post here?

I was not referencing anyone personally.  I was specifically referencing the condition of the church and Christians in the country who, as Chosen Daughter noted are become cheerleaders for sin, and make excuses for it and justify the lack of repentance.  Some even going so far as to declare morals "Losers" and lying as 'necessary'.

Those are fruits that are rotten, coming from a faith that has lost all ability to act as a preservative for morality in this country (salt).

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2018, 08:09:01 pm »
I was not referencing anyone personally.  I was specifically referencing the condition of the church and Christians in the country who, as Chosen Daughter noted are become cheerleaders for sin, and make excuses for it and justify the lack of repentance.  Some even going so far as to declare morals "Losers" and lying as 'necessary'.

Those are fruits that are rotten, coming from a faith that has lost all ability to act as a preservative for morality in this country (salt).

You know its only been 30 years since Gary Hart's POTUS bid was entirely torpedoed by a few tryst pictures on a boat, and look where we are now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2018, 08:09:23 pm »
How can anyone here impugn the quality of faith of other members when they really have no idea what kinds of Christians they are?

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. - Luke 6:45

I used to only read the justifications and the demand for forgiveness without repentance or remorse for vile and perverted behavior on Liberal Leftist forums.

That it now is stated on every single "Conservative" and Christian forum, BB-board and social media group out there I have seen, illustrates the lack of savor and preservative quality a people entrusted to safeguard a culture and republic have become themselves.