Author Topic: Federal judge orders Trump admin to restart DACA program  (Read 643 times)

Offline mrclose

Federal judge orders Trump admin to restart DACA program
« on: August 03, 2018, 10:07:26 pm »
A federal judge on Friday said the government must restart the entire DACA deportation amnesty, including accepting brand new applications — but gave the administration a chance to appeal before his ruling takes effect.

The ruling by Judge John D. Bates is a major blow to President Trump, and creates even more confusion about his immigration policy.

Judge Bates said Mr. Trump and his Homeland Security Department do have the power to revoke the Obama-era DACA program, but they cut too many corners in the way they tried to do it.

He said the government needs to prove that it has considered the benefits to society of having illegal immigrants here and working, versus the government’s interest in enforcing the laws as written.

He said Homeland Security failed to do that in its original revocation last September, and even after he gave it a chance to update its reasoning, it still failed to convince him.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/3/federal-judge-orders-trump-admin-restart-daca/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Re: Federal judge orders Trump admin to restart DACA program
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:12:31 pm »
Your Ruling Now ... Enforce It @$$HOLE  :smokin:
~ Self

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:13:35 pm »
I'm getting sick of the Obama/Trump Era, where "laws" are made by the Administration and Judiciary rather than the Legislative body.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RetBobbyMI

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 10:25:07 pm »
On what basis? Since there is no law on the books that created DACA.

Baffling, isn't it?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 10:25:59 pm »
Bush 43 appointee.  Enough said.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 10:29:13 pm »
On what basis? Since there is no law on the books that created DACA.

You haven't heard? :shrug:

Judges write their own laws now! :patriot:
~ Self

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »
That would probably be a good approach, something along the lines of: "I've had a judicial team examine the ruling and they do not find that the ruling relies on existing law, and is therefore not a defensible, legitimate ruling."  It's about time these judges were challenged.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 10:33:21 pm »
Baffling, isn't it?
I guess all those civics and political Science classes I took a long time ago we’re for naught.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 10:42:18 pm »
Baffling, isn't it?

That's why I said it's time for an impeachment.  Ideally, the judge would be ever-so-gently tarred and feathered right in front of the Jefferson Memorial.  (Jefferson said "The greatest threat to a Constitutional Republic is activist judges.")

Why the heck are we TOLERATING these judicial monsters?  I'm persuaded that Jefferson would be pushing for the judge's impeachment, then criminal prosecution for flagrant sedition.  Then the judge would be hanged by the neck until dead.

Our Founders were serious about our Constitution.  But we are living in a post-Constitutional society, to use Levin's words.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:00:41 am by the_doc »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 11:45:16 pm »
Appeal.  Take it all the way to SCOTUS.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 11:57:15 pm »
Appeal.  Take it all the way to SCOTUS.

Nope!  Just totally ignore it and move on.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 04:47:22 am »
That's why I said it's time for an impeachment.  Ideally, the judge would be ever-so-gently tarred and feathered right in front of the Jefferson Memorial.  (Jefferson said "The greatest threat to a Constitutional Republic is activist judges.")

Why the heck are we TOLERATING these judicial monsters?  I'm persuaded that Jefferson would be pushing for the judge's impeachment, then criminal prosecution for flagrant sedition.  Then the judge would be hanged by the neck until dead.

Our Founders were serious about our Constitution.  But we are living in a post-Constitutional society, to use Levin's words.
The Congress has no backbone to impeach a dog catcher.