Author Topic: Dems Who Opposed Citizenship Question on Census Want to Ask About Sexual Orientation  (Read 366 times)

rangerrebew

Dems Who Opposed Citizenship Question on Census Want to Ask About Sexual Orientation

(CNSNews.com) - The same Democrat senators who strongly opposed a citizenship question on the U.S. Census have just introduced legislation that would require the Census to ask people about their sexual orientation and gender identity.

Senators Kamala Harris (Calif.) and Tom Carper (Del.), both members of the Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee, on Tuesday introduced the Census Equality Act [1], which would require the decennial census to include sexual orientation/gender identity questions no later than 2030; and the separate American Community Survey (ACS) would have to include those questions no later than 2020.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/dems-who-opposed-citizenship-question-census-want-ask-about-sexual

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How the hell do they think this is any of their business?

rangerrebew

Now Dems demand their questions on 2020 Census
'No one should be invisible'
Published: 21 hours ago

Previously, amid a contentious political war over illegal immigration, the Trump administration announced its intent to ask a simple citizenship question.

The left-leaning Politifact reported outrage by Democrats who claim the question would instill “fear in immigrant communities and will lead to an undercount of the national population.”

Now the Daily Caller is reporting two Democratic senators, Kamala Harris of California and Tom Carper of Delaware, have proposed a bill to require the secretary of commerce to collect data on Americans’ “sexual orientation and gender identity.”

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/08/now-dems-demand-their-questions-on-2020-census/#pXW8i0DvI7XRt8d0.99

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Identity politics run amuck.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'd love to answer, "I'm not gay, but this questionnaire sure is."
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.