Author Topic: The Navy Needs People Even More Than Ships  (Read 648 times)

rangerrebew

The Navy Needs People Even More Than Ships
« on: August 02, 2018, 11:53:40 am »

The Navy Needs People Even More Than Ships
By Norman Friedman
August 01, 2018

The United States and its allies have far fewer ships than they did in the 1980s but have larger commitments. The number of ships is not the best measure of sea power; the kinds of ships matter, too. A fleet that has to patrol large parts of the world needs numbers, however; no ship, no matter how impressive, can be in two places at once. And in a protracted war, hull casualties are inevitable. Ships take time to build. An early wave of losses, such as the United States suffered in the Pacific during 1942, has to be replaced.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2018/08/01/the_navy_needs_people_even_more_than_ships_113674.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Navy Needs People Even More Than Ships
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »
No,what they need are more people who they are able to deploy aboard the ships they already have. They now have a LOT of "baby mamas" and "baby daddies" that can't deploy because they need to stay home for their children,as well as people too stupid to do their jobs at sea.

It is an Affirmative Action Navy,and history has shown us what happens when AA is in charge of hiring,promoting,and firing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:58:13 pm »
No,what they need are more people who they are able to deploy aboard the ships they already have. They now have a LOT of "baby mamas" and "baby daddies" that can't deploy because they need to stay home for their children,as well as people too stupid to do their jobs at sea.

It is an Affirmative Action Navy,and history has shown us what happens when AA is in charge of hiring,promoting,and firing.

Also, all the Trans/LGBT crap that has infested the military is hurting them. These freaks have to stay Stateside so they can get their million dollar meds and treatments. They also cannot deploy.

There is also the strain of having to deal with women onboard ships and subs. Having men and women in tight close quarters on a remote ship out in the ocean is a recipe for conflict. Just the smell of woman walking by you after 6 months at sea, will drive some young sailors insane. It changes the entire nature of a deployment. The sailors are focused on things other than their job at hand.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 05:13:52 pm »

There is also the strain of having to deal with women onboard ships and subs. Having men and women in tight close quarters on a remote ship out in the ocean is a recipe for conflict.

@240B  You didn't need to be a  genius to see that one coming,either.

ANY time you create a rule or regulation that goes against Mother Nature,you are going to lose. Period!

AFAIK,the only "femlors" I  have read about on subs have been officers. Which means the enlisted swine are separated from them normally anyhow,so 90 percent of the problems are automatically eliminated there.

Then out of the few actual officers aboard a sub,almost all care more about career than they do sex with a woman. Baring an actual rape,If one junior officer steps across the line,chances are the female officer will keep her mouth shut about it to save HER career,and you can bet the female officers picked to serve on subs are VERY carefully vetted before being accepted for training.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 05:22:35 pm »
I am thankful there were no women on subs while my son was enlisted. He got out the year before this foolishness started.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 05:27:16 pm »
@sneakypete I was on a ship that was having trouble with the desalinization plant. We didn't have enough fresh water for all the needs of the crew. So, the Captain had the lookouts watching for rain. Whenever we saw rain we would steer into it. All the guys got their soap and a 5 gallon bucket out and went to the main deck. We stripped down and took a shower, washed our clothes in the buckets. And nobody thought anything of it. It was just ... the thing to do at the time.

I'm not sure that could be done these days. Everything is so PC and upsidedown. The upper brass of the military has decided to put 'current fashion' above practicality, and above military readiness.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 05:37:36 pm »
I am thankful there were no women on subs while my son was enlisted. He got out the year before this foolishness started.

Well yes. That was my point. Spending months at sea in dangerous waters is stressful enough. Throw women in the mix and it only makes it harder. Especially today, when any accusation by any woman about anything can end your career. It is like sailing with a Sword of Damocles hanging over your head. This is why many guys are getting out.

For thousands of years sailors abided by the adage that women aboard ship was 'bad luck'. This was not superstition or misogyny. These guys knew what they were talking about based on real life experience. They knew that a woman would generate rivalry and conflict. It was not misogyny. It was practicality.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 05:56:42 pm »
@  The upper brass of the military has decided to put 'current fashion' above practicality, and above military readiness.

@240B

No,it is the POLITICIANS who have put PC thought ahead of effectiveness and practicality. The Navy brass,like the brass of all other branches follow the orders of their political superiors.

And truth to tell,the officer corps of the US Navy seem to be more likely to do and say ANYTHING they have to say to protect their careers,and that's why the most radical leftist crap is enforced in the Navy first.

Remember when General Singlaub stood up to Carter when he wanted to withdraw US troops from South Korea,and went public about it,causing him to eventually be forced to resign? When was the last time you heard of an Admiral taking a public stand against a President?

In 1977, while Singlaub was chief of staff of U.S. forces in South Korea, he publicly criticized President Jimmy Carter's proposal to withdraw U.S. troops from the Korean peninsula. On March 21, 1977, Carter relieved him of duty for overstepping his bounds and failing to respect the President's authority as Commander-in-Chief.[2][3] Less than a year later, Singlaub again publicly questioned President Carter's national security policies, this time during a lecture at Georgia Tech, and was forced to retire.[4] The U.S. Army Special Operations Command presented its first John Singlaub Award in 2013 for "courageous actions ... off the battlefield."[5] (wikipedia)

Ya just GOTTA love the Army Special Operations Command creating a special award for being politically courageous in his name.

If Carter had his way,Korea would have already been reunited by now. Under a North Korean dictatorship.

Jim-mah made the typical fool look like a genius by comparison.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:04:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 06:00:24 pm »

For thousands of years sailors abided by the adage that women aboard ship was 'bad luck'. This was not superstition or misogyny. These guys knew what they were talking about based on real life experience. They knew that a woman would generate rivalry and conflict. It was not misogyny. It was practicality.

@240B
Not only that,but it would threaten the position/positions of the cabin boy.  888mouth

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 06:17:33 pm »
This is precisely what the Liberals wanted,  to drive the patriots away from volunteering so they can impose a Draft.